PC - AOR Tier 3 - PC Round 7: Indianapolis Road - 17.07.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Tier 3 - PC Round 7: Indianapolis Road - 17.07.19 @8pm UK Time

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016

ROUND 7 - Indianapolis Road

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 17th 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 min
- Race: 42 Laps (1 formation lap + 41 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Hazy
- Race start:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18/08/19 06:00
- Race start time: 18/08/19 07:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
@RedTerrier
@Jorge2091
@Julien2395

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Still no wheel, will try to borrow some trash wheel from friends.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Just to make sure everyone is aware upon exiting the pits you need to stay to the right of the marker boards and rejoin the track around the outside of turns 1&2. DO NOT exit left straight on to the track.

Reactions: Krikkos

morphee7

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2018
Just to make sure everyone is aware upon exiting the pits you need to stay to the right of the marker boards and rejoin the track around the outside of turns 1&2. DO NOT exit left straight on to the track.

i keep doing that by coming out the pits too quickly lol

• Happy
Reactions: PhantomHamster

RedTerrier

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2019
Chaps, I'm sorry to have to drop this race too, but I've managed to flare up an old injury this week and it is painful to drive (and not just painful because I am at the back of the field!). Hope you have a good race.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Chaps, I'm sorry to have to drop this race too, but I've managed to flare up an old injury this week and it is painful to drive (and not just painful because I am at the back of the field!). Hope you have a good race.
Booo!

Jorge2091

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2017
not able to come this race. im sorry. i needed to do something this money but couldnt because a lot happen on sunday and monday, now the next avaible was on wednesday meaning i have to attent that meeting. next week, ill come

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I'm sorry again but I won't be racing, completely forgot about the F1 Esports Pro Draft tonight.

atlasgehirn424

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2017
I just want to make a statement because I heard that some people were upset about my driving: Lapped cars have the right to attempt to repass a guy who lapped them if they feel they´re quicker. So I don´t get what the problem is. I was chasing a lot of cars who lapped me before and waited for a possibility to get by, I have the right to do that.
I have to admit once or twice when I slowed down to let somebody by, there may have been some miscommunication or a little misjudgement on my side but I always intended to let somebody by when it was safe to do so, which sure may sometimes take a few corners of waiting. Some patience might be helpful in those situations!

One thing that made me angry was the amount of people who crashed into me. Like when I was lapped and was driving behind two guys who were a lap ahead, then one made a mistake in turn 1 (I think it was a half spin or so) and the other one went by, I did so as well and then a couple of corners later he just plowed into the back of me. I don´t know who it was and I don´t wanna point my finger at possibly the wrong person, but that is really shameful. I don´t know if he wanted to make a divebomb on the inside or if he purposely crashed into me.
Second incident, actually on the first lap: If you are about to miss the chicane, just slow down and go straight ahead, don´t cross the racing line.
Third one: Right at turn 1. Why would somebody make a divebomb into turn 1 from about 100 metres back, Why?
And another thing on the pace lap. The guy in front of me just didn´t go, so I waited a couple of seconds until I decided to go by him anyway. Somebody else took advantage of that and just didn´t let me go by during the lap to the starting formation. I couldn´t get by as he was warming up his tyries. Of course the pace during that lap didn´t help as well, I felt like it was way too high.

sellew

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 1, 2019
Thanks for letting me race with you. Sadly my steering wheel broke during Q (apparently a known issue with broken shifters on fanatec gt3 wheel that causes shifter to occasionally not work og double shift). The double downshift caused a lot of spins when shifting down into turns. I naively hoped it would fix itself, but sadly that did not happen. Sorry for adding to the mass of backmarkers. Not really the best experience for me, but luckily I managed not to crash into anyone. Anyways I pitted last lap as I ran out of fuel. Noob mistake. Lessons learned. I will be back hopefully.

Na Scoitear

AOR PC GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Premium Member
May 16, 2019
@GromozekA thanks mate there was nothing between us again all race and i thought you had done it to me again with the pitstop, i was coming down the straight and i could see you exiting and i thought oh no not again but i just made it this time, that was really close, you really know when to put the hammer down! Couldn't relax for a second with you behind me!

Evangelist

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I guess a steam update restored my overlay which came up in quali. I quickly disconnected my wheel and changed the setting, but I had lost my wheel configuration. I got a quick calibration done and one lap before the end of quali only to find out at the race start that my auto clutch had been deactivated in the mess. I couldn't find the key to reactivate it so had to leave the race before I blocked you guys coming through after the formation lap.
I'm getting sick of steams issues. I noticed that my accelerator pedal selects invite on the lobby screen when I was testing later. I just need to stop my wheel controlling things outside of the race, but I have no idea how to do that. I never had this problem before, it's very strange. I will practise wheel recalibration before next week's race so I can be back up to speed quickly if the overlay problem hits me again...

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
I just want to make a statement because I heard that some people were upset about my driving: Lapped cars have the right to attempt to repass a guy who lapped them if they feel they´re quicker. So I don´t get what the problem is. I was chasing a lot of cars who lapped me before and waited for a possibility to get by, I have the right to do that.
I have to admit once or twice when I slowed down to let somebody by, there may have been some miscommunication or a little misjudgement on my side but I always intended to let somebody by when it was safe to do so, which sure may sometimes take a few corners of waiting. Some patience might be helpful in those situations!

One thing that made me angry was the amount of people who crashed into me. Like when I was lapped and was driving behind two guys who were a lap ahead, then one made a mistake in turn 1 (I think it was a half spin or so) and the other one went by, I did so as well and then a couple of corners later he just plowed into the back of me. I don´t know who it was and I don´t wanna point my finger at possibly the wrong person, but that is really shameful. I don´t know if he wanted to make a divebomb on the inside or if he purposely crashed into me.
Second incident, actually on the first lap: If you are about to miss the chicane, just slow down and go straight ahead, don´t cross the racing line.
Third one: Right at turn 1. Why would somebody make a divebomb into turn 1 from about 100 metres back, Why?
And another thing on the pace lap. The guy in front of me just didn´t go, so I waited a couple of seconds until I decided to go by him anyway. Somebody else took advantage of that and just didn´t let me go by during the lap to the starting formation. I couldn´t get by as he was warming up his tyries. Of course the pace during that lap didn´t help as well, I felt like it was way too high.
@atlasgehirn424 the rules state:
● If you are going faster than a car that has lapped you, do not attempt to unlap yourself unless it is safe to do so and doesn't hinder the car in front.

In my experience if you are faster than the car that has lapped you ask over discord if you can unlap yourself, if you cant get away from the lapping car I just let them back through again.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Guys

There's was a lot of negative talk last night, myself included, to avoid people getting upset in the heat of the moment I would suggest that you just raise a stewards inquiry and let them sort it out rather than trying to argue about it on discord or in the forums.

I know that some people had issues with backmarkers so here is the rules regarding being lapped:

2.1 Being lapped

● We are running with the in-game rules & flags system, which means that game should alert you with a blue flag when you are about to be lapped. When receiving a blue flag or know that a car is going to lap you and is approaching from behind, you should let them past safely and without interfering with their race.
In single class races, this is done best by the car that is being shown a blue flag moving off the racing line and easing on the accelerator on a straight, or lifting / braking early, and/or giving up the corner and racing line to let the lapping car pass.
For multi-class races, this is done best by the car that is being shown a blue flag and being overtaken by a faster class car remaining on the racing line, and possibly easing on the accelerator to facilitate a safe and quick pass if the scenario allows for it. For more info and tips on lapping in multi-class, see the 'Lapping in Multi-Class Racing' thread for the relevant league.
In either situation, both drivers are responsible for doing this in a safe way.
The driver who is being lapped can help the faster car to pass by lifting/braking early. The slower car can hold his line when the faster car is going for the overtake. The slower car should let the faster car pass in the next few corners.
Also, you can see if the driver is a lap higher than you by looking at the mini-map or relative board - the car will be highlighted by a red colour, instead of regular white dot or name.

● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

● If you are going faster than a car that has lapped you, do not attempt to unlap yourself unless it is safe to do so and doesn't hinder the car in front.

Remember we're all here to enjoy racing with like minded people and have fun!