AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Round 1: Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Round 1: Laguna Seca

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1
Round 1: Laguna Seca

Information:
Date: 12th September 2019
Time: 19:00 BST Practice, 20:00 BST Qualifying, approx 20:10 BST Race 1, approx 20:35 Race 2, approx 21:05 Race 3

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca - Full Course
Date: 14th September 2019 Time of Day: Race 1: 11:40, Race 2: 14:30, Race 3: 17:15
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Season to begin

Teams Championship

Season to begin

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

Tagging all drivers

In the sign-up thread, it mentioned that there was the potential (or the aim) to run this as a fixed setup series, however instead we are going to be running this as an open setup series. Sorry for the late notice.

That aside, I'm super looking forward to this. Did a few laps here earlier on and it felt great! Let's put on a good show. :)

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
For everyone's information, I did not pick the number 420 just because of the bants, someone took my normal 42.
It is mostly for the bants tho

EDIT: This track/car combo is the stuff of dreams

• Useful
Reactions: Innitialization

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Just a couple of things for the race tomorrow, should all go according to plan.

1. The 2nd race will start gridding pretty much as soon as the first race ends, and the last driver crosses the line. So anyone who would be looking to get a break between race 1 and 2, just know that you may not have time.
2. I realise I never actually explicitly stated how the reverse grid race would work. So, it'll be how we used to do it in the FR 2.0 league, and it'll be the top 20 getting reversed. That's at least how we'll do it for the first race. We may try different variations during the season to find what works and what doesn't.

Anyway, that's that. Here's hoping that all goes well tomorrow! After doing some official races, I'm looking forward to this a great deal! :)

Reactions: Innitialization

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I was hoping for a full reverse grid, at least that's what the signups led me to believe :(

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I was hoping for a full reverse grid, at least that's what the signups led me to believe :(
Due to the way the heat system works, a full reverse grid will reverse people who crashed out and people who left the session for whatever reason. Not that anyone should be leaving the session early but you never know.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
It reverses those who left the session, but then they never grid so it doesn't matter in the end. And well 20 people wont crash out, that's half the grid. If that's the reason I don't see why it can't be 30.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Like I say, we'll probably be testing a few different things. We may increase it to 30 for a track where it would be less of a danger (Road America for example). It could be that in the future changing the amount reversed gets changed for different races all the time. It's mostly undecided, but for a track like Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Oulton etc, will be capped at 20 for now. Maybe one of the races on a shorter, tighter circuit we'll try more just to test it (looking at Donington).

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Because in my opinion the reverse grids will be a lot of fun and good for the league. If I'm honest it was one of the deciding factors in me signing up for this league. And as of now half the grid don't get such a luxury :(

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Hem, just a question... Maybe i didn't go deep enough in the championship rules the first time I read them but I just noticed the points are awarded for the feature race only?! So what would prevent someone for finishing at a low position in race 2 to start higher on the grid of the race that matters?

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Hem, just a question... Maybe i didn't go deep enough in the championship rules the first time I read them but I just noticed the points are awarded for the feature race only?! So what would prevent someone for finishing at a low position in race 2 to start higher on the grid of the race that matters?
That's just a typo from copying over from the F3, all races are scored. :)

Reactions: Bucefal

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
These races were bloody great... quite a few crashes (a couple caused from my side I suspect, woops) but that's half the fun. Exited with a lot less points than I would've wanted, but I don't care. Was top fun.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
The one race I didn't get sent was fun, then 40 minutes of boringness ensued, dunno what to think tbh. Also I wasn't expecting a bloody STANDING START

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
After dying before turn 1 on race 1 and whatever race 2 was, I was happy for a relatively serene race 3.

Happy with my pace (especially one-lap), but I'm still getting used to racing against groups of cars. Plus I need to find a way to last the full race night without sweating buckets in my room.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I really enjoy the standing start, it was a pleasant surprise. Please don't change it to rolling :)

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
I really enjoy the standing start, it was a pleasant surprise. Please don't change it to rolling :)
After great starts from myself in both heats, I would have agree.
After burning out during 50 meters ending in ruining at least 5 cars feature, I'm not so sure :ROFLMAO:
To be franc, let's keep it standing, that's fun!

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Also good fight in Race 1 @FisiFan91 :) I really enjoyed it, probably the most fun I've had on this game in a while. I'm sorry it ended in disaster, but things happen sometimes.