AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Round 5: Road Atlanta | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Round 5: Road Atlanta

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1
Round 5: Road Atlanta

Information:
Date: 10th October 2019
Time: 19:00 BST Practice, 20:00 BST Qualifying, approx 20:10 BST Race 1, approx 20:35 Race 2, approx 21:05 Race 3

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Road Atlanta - Full Course
Date: 12th October 2019 Time of Day: Race 1: 11:00 (time progression 1x from there).
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I want to give a shout out to @washy03 for being kind enough to get the points tables to properly work. I know it's been a big pain but we finally got there, and it now looks like it all works properly which is great. Even the bonus points work now!

I'm just happy I don't have to keep updating my own temporary table, because that was more effort than I'd like to have been putting in.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
After just doing a race, I've never been more glad our races are 10 mins shorter. I have no idea if I was over driving or not (probably) but I literally had nothing left for the final 10 minutes. Probably even more than 10 mins to be honest. The fronts just felt like they went off of a cliff, but I have no idea why. More practice required me thinks.

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
For a track that isn't a strong one or particularly familiar one, was a decent night.

Qualified 15th but think I was up to about 7th after lap 1.
I had a usual good start and took a few cars but then carnage ahead even before turn 1, took a hit to my RF but snuck through and rest of the race was trying to find a rhythm whilst managing a bit of damage and trying to not to waste time in losing battles. 8th.

Race 2, another decent start and again gained a few places, around midway through whilst running about 6th I was side by side going into the chicane and the back end twitched just enough to angle my car slightly ahead of the car to the left which spat me out and then it was a recovery drive whilst others dropped off and taking a few myself.

Ended up starting 8th again, net 7th with the pole man disappearing.
Yet another good start and once Alfie went off on his own part way round the lap I was 3rd at the end of lap 1.

Then it became trying to drive smooth and waiting for the laps to keep ticking by whilst waiting for the quick guys to come through the pack.

Eventually they did and there was a few laps where there was a brilliant pack led by a resilient @Boniface-8 who defended his position fantastically.

Unfortunately about 4 laps from home, whilst in about 5th, under braking for the chicane 2 cars tangled and I enter the chicane with 2 out of control cars sliding my way.

Whilst one , Erti I think is on the outside and ends up falling short of me, car on the inside ends up side slamming me and putting me on the kerb/grass for the 2nd part of chicane and the space just isn't there for me and I'm nudged into a part spin which drops me down a few places.

Not sure what on earth happened at the start of Race 1 but, from my side, another noticeable improvement in driving, though I'm sure part of that is declining numbers.

Much more consistent race from myself and for the first time, didn't bottle Race 3 by myself and waste the reverse grid chance to run up the fast end.

See you next week!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Okay, so the amount of incidents here still isn't acceptable, but there weren't as many big ones. There are still so many little ones that are just really stupid, and the start of race 1 is just a complete joke. I will be looking at that one and bringing it to the stewards. To the people who are causing these incidents, this is the 5th round in, you've had time to get your driving to a level that's actually not an embarrassment. You know who you are. Shut that **** down, it's not fair to this league and it's not fair to those who want to race in the league.

As I've said many times, I have no problem with some aggressive driving, but if you aren't able to do it without causing issues for those around you, maybe stop it? Just chill out and wait to make the passes. As has been said, the official races have better standards which is the complete opposite of what should be expected when joining the league.

This is a final warning. Any more stupid **** will result directly in harsh penalties and beyond that, a removal from the league. And that sucks for me, because if I have to keep removing people, we'll end up with no league at all.

• Agree
Reactions: washy03

Boniface-8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
Second race in and the cars are really enjoyable. Didnt go my way this week but enjoyable none the less. Hopefully there'll still be enough participation for next season

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
@McPhilen the first race was on me, I squeezed Tom too late, didn't think he was next to me already. Hands up sorry. :sneaky:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
@McPhilen the first race was on me, I squeezed Tom too late, didn't think he was next to me already. Hands up sorry. :sneaky:
You would think that people would have better awareness, especially during a start like that.. I’ll wait for @McPhilen inquiry and give my full input on it.