iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1
Round 8: Monza

Information:
Date: 31st October 2019
Time: 19:00 GMT Practice, 20:00 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:10 GMT Race 1, approx 20:35 Race 2, approx 21:05 Race 3

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
Date: 2nd November 2019 Time of Day: Practice: 07:00 (time progression 1x from there).
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Tagging all drivers:

@Tom Bridle
@Nayun
@Duddsey
@Chris Sykes
@SMEAJ
@Latsero
@Rin Hato
@Hooper
@washy03
@Boniface-8
@Alehud42
@Dareks
@BaBaBoye
@blake300892
@Erti147
@Macestreaming
@FisiFan91
@Charlie9000
@The Genius
@nachopen
@Tigchel22r
@Tekesh
@Marvin
@Rienk
@JesperLindh
@Deerladog

A few things that I want to mention before going into this race.

Firstly, hopefully we get as many drivers as possible to do the race at Monza this week. There are 22 full time drivers, which means we should be getting grids of somewhere between that number and about 16-18 (based on the typical number of informed absences). However, more and more each week, there are people who are not informing us of their absences. So to those drivers, please either inform us of your absence, or at the very least let us know that you no longer have any interest in racing in the league. It's completely unfair to not be doing this. (does not apply to reserves of course).

Second point, the clocks have changed here in the UK, which means that the races will once again be run on GMT instead of BST. It's still the same time for us in the UK, but anywhere that the clocks haven't changed yet, it will be slightly different.

Third and final point. Clearly this league hasn't worked out as I think we'd all hoped. I'm still having fun with it, but it's clear that it's hard to take it as seriously as it probably should be when we get less than 15 drivers turning up. So, in an effort to make it at least a bit more entertaining for those of us who are left, we are going to change the race format slightly. Everything will stay the same, except race 2 will be changed to the same format as race 3, and will be a reverse grid race from now until the end of the season.

That's all. Thanks

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Has been a shame the last couple of weeks with small grids, takes a lot of fun away, even if my points tally has suddenly rocketed!

Just to confirm, we still have 3 races?
Just both race 2 and 3 are reversed?

Fairly happy with that, mixes that middle up a bit.

The way numbers are going I almost requested just 2 races last week but hopefully this will help things and a track good for racing will hopefully attract some numbers back.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
And with that poor turnout, the season has officially ended early.

I want to thank all of those who turned up as much as they did, and apologise to those same people as well for not getting the turnout we really needed after a few bad races. I'm still incredibly disappointed in the sheer number of uninformed absences. I know the championship fizzled out, but it would have been a semi-decent thing to at least spend a couple of minutes lettings us know you wouldn't be attending.

Anyway, maybe we'll start something up again in the future, but don't expect anything next season as it is unlikely at this stage.

Hopefully I'll see some of you around in official races in the car, or for those that do the 3.5 as well, either in the league or in official races in that.

• Sad
Reactions: SMEAJ and Hooper

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
And with that poor turnout, the season has officially ended early.

I want to thank all of those who turned up as much as they did, and apologise to those same people as well for not getting the turnout we really needed after a few bad races. I'm still incredibly disappointed in the sheer number of uninformed absences. I know the championship fizzled out, but it would have been a semi-decent thing to at least spend a couple of minutes lettings us know you wouldn't be attending.
Agree with this absolutely. You sign up for a season, you're obliged to not just wander off unannounced when you get bored.

Anyway, this season was quite a lot of fun. As irrelevant as it is I'll take 2nd in the constructors to the bank for Team Tepa, and 2nd/3rd in the drivers depending on whatever the **** dropweeks decide to do/not do. Quite a lot of really good hard carefree racing in a series like this that you just can't achieve in GTE/FR3.5, and I hope something like this can return when AOR gets a bigger footprint in the iRacing scene.

And the most important question: was it worth spending £12 on this car? Absolutely. :)

Reactions: Alehud42