AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Sign Up & Info | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Touring Car Championship Season 1 - Sign Up & Info

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

Introduction:

Hello, and welcome to the first ever season of the iRacing Touring Car Championship, or AORiTCC for short (or long?). After many years of waiting for a proper touring car to be added to iRacing, we finally got one! Not the one that was announced about 8 years ago, but it's all good!

Please make sure you read all of the info in this post before signing up.

General Information:

What day and time do events start? The race nights will begin every Thursday from 19:00 UK time (BST), with qualifying commencing at 20:00 UK time (BST). This will be changed from BST to GMT on the 27th of October

When will the season start? The first race of the season will being running on the first week of the 2019 S4 iRacing season (W/C 10th September 2019).

What is the race calendar? The race calendar follows the official iRacing schedule. Full calendar here.

What are the entry requirements? You will need to have a licence class of C-class or above. You are free to sign up during pre-season regardless, but you will be denied entry upon the start of the season if you do not meet the requirement, in which case drivers who do meet the requirement will be given priority over you. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates. If you are completely new to the series, we will check to see if you are suitable for the league, which will be dependant on having done a sufficient amount of racing and running in the car (or a similar car) at a reasonable pace.

How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences in this thread - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed during the season but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators.

How many spaces are available? There will be a maximum of 40 spaces, with a reserve list (maximum of 10 at one time). If all of the spaces have been allocated, the sign-up thread will be closed until a seat has been vacated.

What happens if I'm on the reserve list? All drivers on the reserve list will be added to a private conversation where they have the opportunity each week to state whether they are able to race. The League Coordinators will then confirm your place in the race depending on the amount of full-time drivers who are unable to participate. Whenever a full-time driver pulls out of the league, the reserves will be approached to fill that spot. Please keep active on the forums in order to receive these messages and accept any potential promotions. Members that are inactive on the forums for two weeks will be removed from the reserve list.

Can I participate in a 'one off' race? We will not be accepting one-off 'wildcard' entries for drivers who wish to dip their toe in the water. It's recommended that you get to know the car in the official iRacing series before committing to the league. Once you sign up, you are expected to participate across all 12 race nights.

How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 12 race nights, featuring 3 races, with the final race being reversed, running every week, starting from the Thursday of week 1 of the iRacing 2019 Season 4 official schedule.

For this season, there will be 3 drop weeks.

Race night format?
● 60 - minute practice session
● 10 - minute qualifying (maximum 3 laps allowed)
● 20 - minute Race 1 (grid based on qualifying)
● 20 - minute Race 2 (grid based on previous race results)
● 20 - minute Race 3 (grid based on previous race results reversed)

More details can be found in the rules thread

Are setups permitted? The Championship is going to be run as an open setup championship.

What is the points system? Points are awarded to the top 20 finishers. In addition to the normal points system for finishing positions, 1 additional point is handed out for pole position, and fastest lap. Additionally, 2 points will be awarded for completing the race with 0x incident points, and 1 point will be awarded for completing the race with 1x incident point.

Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.

Are there any recommended files to download? If you wish to create your own team livery you can find the Formula 3 template under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!

Will there be any coverage of the races? We hope to have live broadcasts for the races on the official AOR YouTube channel. Should there be a broadcast, for drivers to have their skins appear on the coverage, they will need to upload their skins to us to be put into a skin pack. Should a livery not be uploaded to the skin pack, the driver will be shown on broadcast as driving a default livery.

How to Sign-Up:

Number preference - iRacing name + AOR Forum name - Nationality - Team (if applicable) - Customer ID - iRating - Licence (C or above) - Have you read and understood the rules?

For example:
#3 - Phil Reid @McPhilen
- UK - Team AOR Orange - 106205 - 4460 - A 4.82 - I have read and understood the rules

*Car #1 is reserved for the champion. As this is the first season, there will be no #1 in use.

After your sign-up has been accepted, you will also need to sign up to the league on iRacing itself. Link here.

Driver List:

Below is the list of drivers who have signed up to racing in the TCC:

Waiting List (in order of sign-ups):
Drivers placed on the waiting list are not actively eligible to race, but will be offered the chance to move up to the reserve list when any spots open, or - in the case of drivers not meeing the entry requirements - when they complete the licence promotions/performance review.

Last edited:

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
#78 - Ranno Luuk - @poisike78 - Estonian - V3 Racing Gold - 353014 - 2548 - A3.43 - I have read and understood the rules

Last edited:
Reactions: McPhilen

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
#97 - Rik van Doorn @Rienk - NL- Team Tepa Ram Ranch - 306149 - 2752 - A 4.50 - I have read and understood the rules

Teaming up with @Latsero

Last edited:

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
Username - @djawadkaroni
iRacing Name - Djawad Karoni
Nationality - French
Team name - Satellite Racing
Car Number - 13
Customer ID - 194516
iRating - 6.6
Safety Rating - A 4.99

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
#28 - Ronnie C Gibbons @Gxbbs - UK - Alpinestars Geodesic Racing - 222273 - 3227 - B 3.87 - I have read and understood the rules

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
#86 - James J Pinsker @SMEAJ - British - Team Tepa - 380916 - 3303 - A2.73 - I have read and understood the rules

Corbs

Formula Karter
Jul 12, 2017
#14 - Andrew Langham-Service @Corbs - UK - Alpinestars Geodesic Racing - 253304 - 3735 - A 3.7- I have read and understood the rules

Latsero

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 22, 2017
#52 - Alfie Lawrenson @Latsero - British - Team Tepa B (team name will probably change) - 350653 - 1737 - B2.52 - I have read and understood the rules

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
Username - CarbonUK
Nationality - British
Team name - Privateer
Car Number - 75
Customer ID - 265562
iRating - 1544
Safety Rating - A 1.45

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
#32 - Tom Hooper - @Hooper - British - Team Tepa - 328263 - 2527 - C2.00 - I have read and understood the rules

Last edited:

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Username
- washy03
iRacing Name
- Antony Washington
Nationality
- English

Team name -
TBA
Car Number -
Customer ID -
iRating
Safety Rating
- A1.49

I have read and understood the rules

bh4302

Junior Karter
Aug 15, 2019
#20 - Brayden Hill (@bh4302 ) - United States - Hillhaven Motorsports (Privateer) - 225234 - 1124 - B 2.33 - I have read and understood the rules.

Last edited:

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
#157 - Alexandre Godefroy - @Bucefal - French - VEC-SIMRACING - 190601 - 3111- A 3.57- I have read and understood the rules

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
#420 - Alec Hudson @Alehud42 - UK - Privateer - 276289 - 1197 - C 2.36 - I have read and understood the rules

Last edited:

Dareks

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2019
#11 - Darko Nikolin @Dareks - SRB - V3 Racing Gold - 69138 - 3000 - A 1.16 - I have read and understood the rules

Last edited: