AOR Touring Car League - Season 1 - Announcement | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Touring Car League - Season 1 - Announcement

LJvjLxI.png

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car - Season 1

XB1/PS4/PC - Announcement

Dear fellow AOR drivers,

As we await the final round of the GT3 season on Project CARS 2 we are happy to announce our first touring car season here at AOR. Pick one of the 4 touring cars available in the game and come join us on Wednesdays for hopefully some close racing action.

This short 4 round season will see us travel to England, Germany and the US to visit some amazing tracks. Including the legendary Watkins Glen at night and the always technical Oulton Park under a typical British shower. As for Germany we will be racing on the Nürburgring and on the Hockenheimring. The calendar will feature shorter layouts of the tracks, apart from Oulton Park.

A race night consists of 2 races: one 20 minute sprint race and one 40 minute feature race. Only the first round will feature a qualifying session, for the remainder of the season the grid for race 1 will be determined by the championship standings and for race 2 by the reversed sprint race result. The league is not open to setup modifications, so you have the choice between either the loose or stable default setup. Sign-ups are open right now and the first round will be on the 23rd of May.

With all of this in mind we undoubtedly have some great fun ahead.

See you on the track!

Click here for all the information.

Sign-up links: PC / PS4 / XB1

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 24, 2016
I'm looking forward to this.Why does it have to rain at Oulton Park though-that race usually has the nicest weather of the BTCC season.If it was at Donington I would be much more understanding.

John_Beauregard

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2018
I'm looking forward to this too. So pleas count me in. :)
I will do my TT times next week.

TrickiestCOL

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 30, 2018
Definitely want to be a part of this, struggling to enjoy PC2 online racing with random lobbies.

Will get all the info required for registration done soon.

DeuxMilles

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

when will the race calendar be announced?

D.

Michel--NL

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
You want to show your racing skills to the world on the daily growing AOR YouTube channel...then here is your change :woot:
The PS4 tier 1 is having live broadcasting and commentating all races by our one and only @A.O.R Evildragon (y)

D-tox

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2017
Looking forward to this still doing my tt sure I can find another half sec lol

Jan 31, 2018
are you guys sure about defaul setups... it will be the same case as in ESL top drivers will take advantage of game bug.

Michel--NL

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I don't know exactly but I think it might be about the fact that you can pick Stable or Loose so people can edit those instead of creating a new one and cheat that way.
There has been some testing about default setups and there is no problem "bug" with the setups. It works as supposed to be (y)

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Astra is in the "Motorsports Pack", does it mean that I need to have it to be able to join those online sessions?
No, you can still join sessions where others drive DLC cars you do not own. You only need to own what you drive.