TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS Touring Car Leagues - Season 2
PC Tier 1 Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC Touring Car Tier 1 League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
● Results & Standings.

● League Coordinator:
@TicklishPicklewickle
● Race Host: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Back-up Host: TBA

Drivers and Teams:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

pun

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 12, 2019
I'm so hyped :geek: My first league ever, and I guess it's a good introduction before starting a longer league such as GT3 season 14.

I'll be playing in VR, I hope I'll stay alive after the long races.

Have fun everyone !

PS: Is there going to be an official stream for this ?

Reactions: Royalt

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
PS: Is there going to be an official stream for this ?
As far as I know, there's not gonna be any official coverage of this unfortunately. But I suspect some people will be streaming their own POV :)

Reactions: Royalt

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
on the other hand - why don't choose a car, that's your own blood type and suits you best?
it's not my fault, that the only entertaining car for me is BMW ;) :cool:
To some extend I can see the reasoning behind people choosing the Bimmer since it's the only RWD car of the bunch. Some people just can't drive FWDs and I respect that. It does require a completely different driving style which may not suit everyone

Choosing a car that you are comfortable with and that you have fun driving I can get behind. It's the people who choose the outright fastest car, even if they don't enjoy driving it but only focuses on winning and not having fun. That's imo a wrong mentality, but to each their own of course

pun

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 12, 2019
Personally, I took the BMW because I enjoy bigger cars and I like how you can really feel the weigh transfers on this one !

Asturbo

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2019
Yes the BMW is more enjoyable. For a league has some advantage over the others FWD:

- Much faster at the starting grid
- Not as much heat troubles with tyres
- Little bit faster on straights
- Faster in rain conditions.

I choosed the Renault, because I use it in other comunity and I'm more used to it. If I had more time to practice I'll choose the BMW.

martin78

Formula Karter
Feb 20, 2019
To some extend I can see the reasoning behind people choosing the Bimmer since it's the only RWD car of the bunch. Some people just can't drive FWDs and I respect that. It does require a completely different driving style which may not suit everyone

Choosing a car that you are comfortable with and that you have fun driving I can get behind. It's the people who choose the outright fastest car, even if they don't enjoy driving it but only focuses on winning and not having fun. That's imo a wrong mentality, but to each their own of course
yes, yes, yes and yes :)
i agree and thanks for your understanding - i can't drive FWD, i like to feel comfortable even if it means i can't win, i focuse to have a fun and feel the pure enjoy from clean and respectable driving AND nobody has to be afraid (include myself) i'll be the one, who win (my times from time trial can confirm my words :p)

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
yes, yes, yes and yes :)
i agree and thanks for your understanding - i can't drive FWD, i like to feel comfortable even if it means i can't win, i focuse to have a fun and feel the pure enjoy from clean and respectable driving AND nobody has to be afraid (include myself) i'll be the one, who win (my times from time trial can confirm my words :p)
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Reactions: martin78

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
We have a new driver who just signed up. Give @Elsinga a warm welcome. He just missed the first round but will be joining us from round 2 onwards :)
Please choose a car and maybe team up with someone as well :)

EDIT: I see you already chose a car so forget that part please :whistle: