PS4 - AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Long Beach | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Long Beach

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018

ROUND 1 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 21 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Race 2: 30 minutes race with the AOR rolling start and an reverse starting order grid based on top 10 from race 1 reversed plus all remaining drivers from P11 in race 1 downwards.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race 1:
Medium Cloud
- Race 2:
Light Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/04/2019 15:00
- Race 1 time: 27/04/19 16:00
- Race 2 time: 27/04/19 21:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018

Driver briefing

Pit Entry

The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognize your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.

Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 93415

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

Reactions: iej76

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Had a read through everything but wanted to check something. Are pit stops mandatory in either race? Also can you run what fuel load you like in quali?

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
It's forced default setup so you get whatever fuel the game gives you for both races. With regards to pit stops they aren't mandatory.

Reactions: iej76

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Just a couple of questions mate (might’ve missed them somewhere):
1- aor rolling start for both races?
2- how is race 2 grid determined?
Thanks pal
- Race 1: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Race 2: 30 minutes race with the AOR rolling start and an reverse starting order grid based on top 10 from race 1 reversed plus all remaining drivers from P11 in race 1 downwards.
Hey buddy this if from the race thread. Basically one of each. And the second race is a partially reversed grid

Reactions: Khaled77 and iej76

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
All I'll add to @RacingAtHome post is race one turn one, let's be sensible getting round turn one and the roundabout. Races aren't won on lap one.

Be aware others braking earlier than normal reacting to cars in front and please no one throw one up the inside at the roundabout corner as that's only ever going to end badly with a pile up.

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
All I'll add to @RacingAtHome post is race one turn one, let's be sensible getting round turn one and the roundabout. Races aren't won on lap one.

Be aware others braking earlier than normal reacting to cars in front and please no one throw one up the inside at the roundabout corner as that's only ever going to end badly with a pile up.
There’ll be one who divebombs into turn 1 or the roundabout. It’s to inviting to resist for some lol

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015

To finish first, first you must finish

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
You to add to what everyone else has said. This race more than others needs people driving with a calm head. No stupid moved that put people in walls and also for those following behind people try to watch out for the warning signs that someone is going to hit the wall or be a little slow. Plowing into a stationary driver will do neither of you any good.

Finally if you feel anyone has been driving in a manner that is unacceptable I urge you to put a stewards enquiry in as in my experience it's the only way to properly sort bad driving standards.

To do this make sure you have cleared enough space to be able to save the replay. It's also worth doing a screen recording from my experience.

I would like this to be the cleanest and most respectful tier in aor touring cars. I think we can do it.

Reactions: MattDarvs

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
My broadband is currently down. Known issue in the area. They estimate fix to be midnight so fair chance I won’t be able to race. Very annoying. Fingers crossed they will fix quicker than expected

• Informative
Reactions: MrEmAych

de-thomas

F1 Race Winner
Jan 20, 2017
Had good fun tonight, but touring cars ≠ bumpercars :p

Q: P7
Decent lap, not too much more to find personally.

Race 1: P3
Sort of avoided everything and came away with only 8 front damage. Car still handled okay and brought it home in a podium spot.

Race 2: P5
More than the maximum really. Was sort of a carbon copy of race 1 untill I planted myself in the wall at turn 1. 23 suspension damage, 22 front damage and 20+ engine damage. Car was still somewhat drivable so carried on. Lost 2-3 seconds a lap whereas pitting would cost a few minutes. Dropped from P4 to 7 but the guys in front started battling so was able to gain those places back.

Reactions: iej76 and Jimminel