XB1 - AOR Touring Car S2 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Long Beach | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR Touring Car S2 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Long Beach

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 1 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 21 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Race 2: 30 minutes race with the AOR rolling start and an reverse starting order grid based on top 10 from race 1 reversed plus all remaining drivers from P11 in race 1 downwards.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race 1:
Medium Cloud
- Race 2:
Light Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/04/2019 15:00
- Race 1 time: 27/04/19 16:00
- Race 2 time: 27/04/19 21:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @PapaBear @DDR1988 @MR ROUGH EM UP @Gerymaster_HUN @David Lopes

Uninformed No Shows:
- @zenko

Last edited:

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Driver briefing

Pit Entry

The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognize your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.

Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.
@ToM625 @KhaosTheory29 @Noisy meat head @zenko @Shnoo80 @oOAcheyThumbsOo @MR ROUGH EM UP @IsaacS04 @DDR1988

Shnoo80

Pro Karter
Aug 8, 2019
@willyblackhamer
I have 2 newbie's questions:
1. Start Formation: Do we always have P1 on the right side? Or P1 is always on the side, on which P1 is set by the game? At Long Beach, P1 is on the right, so I assume we will form in the same way, but how about other tracks?
2. Race 2 - Reverse Grid: Are we going to be placed at the right spot by race moderator, or should we know own start position and no matter how game puts us at the race start, we should take care to take proper position during formation lap?

Reactions: willyblackhamer

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
@willyblackhamer
I have 2 newbie's questions:
1. Start Formation: Do we always have P1 on the right side? Or P1 is always on the side, on which P1 is set by the game? At Long Beach, P1 is on the right, so I assume we will form in the same way, but how about other tracks?
2. Race 2 - Reverse Grid: Are we going to be placed at the right spot by race moderator, or should we know own start position and no matter how game puts us at the race start, we should take care to take proper position during formation lap?
1. P1 will always be on the inside of the first corner, as race 1 is a standing start we will go from whatever position the game decides. On race 2 reverse grid, p1 will start on the left side as it is the inside of turn 1.
2. I will call out everyone's positions and we will form up using the AOR manual rolling start guideline, Please see instructions/video:

Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Pro Karter
Aug 8, 2019
Did you try to run twitch at the same time? I tried for the practice and I was disconnected after less than a minute.
I turned twitch off and didn't have more disconnections

Noisy meat head

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 16, 2019
Did you try to run twitch at the same time? I tried for the practice and I was disconnected after less than a minute.
I turned twitch off and didn't have more disconnections
I don't have twitch pal. I just hope it doesn't happen next week.

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
If anything, was nice to meet you all. Might see you next week (if the connection doesn't fail me again)...
All that i can suggest is before the race say 19:30, reset everything, router, clear cache on xbox, the whole 9 yards! lol