AOR Triple Crown Events | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Triple Crown Events

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2016
I'm gutted I can't sign up for the Indy500 as I already had something planned that evening. I'm already practicing for Le Mans though. Already got a friend to team up with. Minimum is 3 drivers in a team, right?
We are racing solo I believe over 2.4 hours due to the game limitations.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'm gutted I can't sign up for the Indy500 as I already had something planned that evening. I'm already practicing for Le Mans though. Already got a friend to team up with. Minimum is 3 drivers in a team, right?
The Le Mans race will not be 24 hours unfortunately. PCars 2 doesn't feature driver swaps, so we can't do 24 hours, unless you're up for non-stop 24 hour driving ;)
Only 2.4 hours and 1 driver per car

Borderline

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 25, 2017
The Le Mans race will not be 24 hours unfortunately. PCars 2 doesn't feature driver swaps, so we can't do 24 hours, unless you're up for non-stop 24 hour driving ;)
Only 2.4 hours and 1 driver per car
Ohw damn. That really sucks tbh.

May 24, 2018
Hello, Im new here and i interested in project cars 2 series. Im really not sure how to get into races? Please let me know. ThankYou

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2016
How will i know it is a AOR lobby?
Hello, Im new here and i interested in project cars 2 series. Im really not sure how to get into races? Please let me know. ThankYou
In the OP their is a link to the Sign-Up thread for the Indianaoplis 500.You fill out the form on that Sign-Up thread .Do anything else on the Sign-Up thread, stay active and on 2nd June you will get invited into the lobby by the host.
The same process will be repeated for the other two.

Wobbuffet

GP2 2nd Driver
May 20, 2016
Hey @The Genius and @YabbaTheHutt I've had one last idea regarding the triple crown events, I know the Indy 500 is tonight but a suggestion I would like to put forward is whoever wins the Indy 500 (tier 1) on there respective platforms tonight is automatically given a place in Tier 1 for the next triple crown event.
And do the same with the next triple crown event, however only the drivers that won the Indy 500 would be eligible for an automatic place for the last triple event

Not only would this give everyone an added incentive tonight to win the Indy 500, but it also means 3 drivers will actually have a chance of doing the 'top tier' triple crown. :woot: :woot:

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2016
Hey @The Genius and @YabbaTheHutt I've had one last idea regarding the triple crown events, I know the Indy 500 is tonight but a suggestion I would like to put forward is whoever wins the Indy 500 (tier 1) on there respective platforms tonight is automatically given a place in Tier 1 for the next triple crown event.
And do the same with the next triple crown event, however only the drivers that won the Indy 500 would be eligible for an automatic place for the last triple event

Not only would this give everyone an added incentive tonight to win the Indy 500, but it also means 3 drivers will actually have a chance of doing the 'top tier' triple crown. :woot::woot:
I love this idea.
Winner ofTier 1 Indy=Auto for Tier 1 Le Mans and Tier 1 Indy 2019
Winner ofTier 2 Indy=Tier 1 Indy 2019
Winner of Tier 1 Le Mans(In Clas)=Tier 1 Monaco 2018 and Le Mans 2019
Winner of Tier 1 Monaco=Tier 1 Indy 2029 and Moaco 2019

I had a similar idea for other leagues(eg GT3 and Endurance) but I never suggested it.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Hi there Jacob and welcome to AOR :)

At the moment we have the sign up for GT3 Season 10 open, more info here. The process to sign up is in 3 steps; sign up - Time Trial and one evaluation race (y)

Wobbuffet

GP2 2nd Driver
May 20, 2016
I love this idea.
Winner ofTier 1 Indy=Auto for Tier 1 Le Mans and Tier 1 Indy 2019
Winner ofTier 2 Indy=Tier 1 Indy 2019
Winner of Tier 1 Le Mans(In Clas)=Tier 1 Monaco 2018 and Le Mans 2019
Winner of Tier 1 Monaco=Tier 1 Indy 2029 and Moaco 2019

I had a similar idea for other leagues(eg GT3 and Endurance) but I never suggested it.
To be honest I don't think it would be best to give a automatic place to winners of the triple crown events this year for next year as well, as it could mean 2 or 3 spots in a event are taken away, sure in terms of PC it wouldn't be a massive issue for that platform since they can have upto 32 in a race, but on console with just 16 that's make quite a dent in free spaces.

If you have the winners of the first triple crown event each year where only they get guaranteed a place in the next event, then the co-ords could also offer that prize for the second event as well, sure you could make it a open to all race by race bonus but in my mind it should be only drivers who win the first triple crown event that are eligible for it.

The only way I think anyone would deserve an automatic place in the events next year is, if the miracle does happen of someone winning all 3 this year, I think we can all agree in that scenario then that driver would merit a special distinction. (Hell winning 2 of the 3 this year would be a great achievement in itself)

SMEAJ

Reigning S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
gg lol

ReimvomSchleim

Semi-Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me about when the sign-ups for Le Mans will start and also which class we are going to drive? Because the real Le Mans is next week and I guess we will do it a week after that, right? Thanks in advance

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Can anyone tell me about when the sign-ups for Le Mans will start and also which class we are going to drive? Because the real Le Mans is next week and I guess we will do it a week after that, right? Thanks in advance
No specific date for the race has been set and classes has not been decided yet. Considering the Indy 500 just finished, we will need a couple weeks to set this event up which means that the race is not guaranteed to be held the week after but maybe a little later. Just have some patience for now as we are currently working on it

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
Hoping the Le Mans race is multi-class between P1s and GTEs. Can confirm that 2.4 hours of racing the same class gets boring af regardless of the people in the tier, eventually people spread out for long periods of time

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Hoping the Le Mans race is multi-class between P1s and GTEs. Can confirm that 2.4 hours of racing the same class gets boring af regardless of the people in the tier, eventually people spread out for long periods of time
That’s real Le Mans though. Obviously they have GTE as well but for a lot of the race they’re by themselves. Up to the driver not to make mistakes and be consistent

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2016
Would like P2 on PC as well.

Bcolt93

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 24, 2014
That’s real Le Mans though. Obviously they have GTE as well but for a lot of the race they’re by themselves. Up to the driver not to make mistakes and be consistent
my point is that they're going through the GTEs at least in real life. we have a P2 only league at the moment and most of the time there aren't any battles after the first few laps. At least with a 2 class field it will keep people on their toes. nothing is worse than being 45 seconds clear both ahead and behind with an hour to go