AOR V8 Supercars - Round 1 - Watkins Glen - 07/01/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 1 - Watkins Glen - 07/01/2016 8pm

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Round 1 - Watkins Glen
AOR V8 Supercars - Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Thursday 7th January 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 4 flying laps
- Race: 36 laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Track Information:
Layout: Full Alt Circuit
Track Conditions: Day

Last edited:

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
A long time to prepare for this one!

This is a return to standing starts, so get used to starting the V8's without stalling them. Pro tip, hold the revs low, then floor it as the lights go out.

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
Looking forward to it already
Don't forget to sign up then haha, this goes for everyone from Season 1. You are reserved a place at the moment, but you have to confirm if you are competing or not.

Also, this is the Alt course! (The full track minus the chicane)

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathDealerS199

Chris Starsmore

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2015
I'm guessing that all the cars are pretty similar seeing as that you have put all of them down to choose from. Is their any differences at all between the cars or are they all identical apart from the manufacture and livery?

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
I'm guessing that all the cars are pretty similar seeing as that you have put all of them down to choose from. Is their any differences at all between the cars or are they all identical apart from the manufacture and livery?
@McPhilen has hammered them round and found very little difference between them, running pretty much the same times at each track. They seem to essentially be the same car with different bodies on. They have different wheelbases which affects how they handle a bit, but that just seems to be preference.

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
what are we doing about tunes and things?

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Some of the cars are slightly easier to control, or I just think some are but they aren't?

Where I can I like to completely avoid 2nd gear unless it's a really slow corner. As for me personally I lose more time controlling the throttle in 2nd than I do just leaving it in 3rd

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
Some of the cars are slightly easier to control, or I just think some are but they aren't?

Where I can I like to completely avoid 2nd gear unless it's a really slow corner. As for me personally I lose more time controlling the throttle in 2nd than I do just leaving it in 3rd
At Watkins I'm not using 2nd at all.

I think the Mercedes is probably the easiest to drive.

Last edited:

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
That's good to know, as I wasn't using 2nd either, but without any times or ghosts to compare, I didn't know if I was losing time or not.

I find the Nissan to be less oversteerie (made up my own word) than that of the ford. I'll give the merc a go at some point.

Also if any of the faster drivers (and you know who you are) would be so kind as to give us an estimate of the lap times around here, I would be grateful.

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
That's good to know, as I wasn't using 2nd either, but without any times or ghosts to compare, I didn't know if I was losing time or not.

I find the Nissan to be less oversteerie (made up my own word) than that of the ford. I'll give the merc a go at some point.

Also if any of the faster drivers (and you know who you are) would be so kind as to give us an estimate of the lap times around here, I would be grateful.
There's loads of times on the boards by everyone with ghosts too. Make sure you've added everyone to your friends list.

Reactions: Regamus

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
The Ford needs a nerf thanks

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
without any times or ghosts to compare, I didn't know if I was losing time or not.
I know for one that I need to add most of the LMP drivers from last season. Regarding the lap time, It's possible to get into the 48s but not sure how far yet :).

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I was super pleased to get a 50.8 last night lol.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
@Regamus I've seen 48.9s on the leaderboards, I've done a 50-51s
Cheers, I've added everyone but not played forza since. I've set a low 51, but I know it's the 3rd section where I'm losing my time.

Unfortunately my viper time I set at some point, is faster than I'll manage in the V8s

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Cheers, I've added everyone but not played forza since. I've set a low 51, but I know it's the 3rd section where I'm losing my time.

Unfortunately my viper time I set at some point, is faster than I'll manage in the V8s
Haha, These cars are fun to drive though, well better than the automatic no fun no slide Audi haha

Reactions: Regamus