AOR V8 Supercars - Round 3 - Sonoma Short - 21/01/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 3 - Sonoma Short - 21/01/2016 8pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Round 3 - Sonoma Short
AOR V8 Supercars - Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Thursday 21st January 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 4 flying laps
- Race: 49 laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Track Information:
Layout: Short Circuit
Track Conditions: Day

Last edited:

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
Did a few laps here last night, seems much easier than Sebring to be consistent, much higher grip levels because of it being day time. Nasty bump at the final hairpin which has the potential to ruin some quali laps.

• Agree
Reactions: SamRacing

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Done 10 or so laps in rivals, Have done a respectable time I feel, but I think I may have the pace to do 15.1/2 or a perfect lap.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I remember this circuit used to be a lot of fun in touring cars, I expect this will be no different. If the field spread at Sebring was relatively tight I expect this will be even tighter!

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
This track has a higher potential for accidents due to the nature of it.

Due to the elevation changes through most corners, it leaves the car in a position where quick directional changes will unbalance the rear end quite abit.

I think people will have to use there track knowledge when it comes to overtaking as some of these corners would be extremely risky to try and pass somebody for the reasons above.

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
I think the racing will be close but yes, overtaking will be tricky at the best of times. I think we will have to be more patient than usual for this one, especially at the beginning of the race. Qualifying will be important.

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
To be fair, my qualifying form is pretty average so it will probably affect me quite badly.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Being patient and waiting for the mistakes that will happen is going to be a good overtaking strategy.

I can't see everyone being mistake free for 49 laps around this track. As a small rear end slide loses you a few tenths in this car.

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
I'd forgotten what hot lapping on a short track was like. Horrific.

Every lap I'd be about 26 days ahead of my ghost through sector 1 and then bin it through the next couple of corners. Eventually set a new PB but it's just messy. Two tenths off Sam and Kerry, but I'll drive myself mad trying to get a quicker lap at a track this short. Just gonna do a couple of laps each day for the rest of the week to keep the consistency up.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I always end up setting a time I can't match again until I randomly hook up a lap and beat it. I'm consistent in the late 15s, early 16s.

Atm I can't get close to my current LB lap which I think is a 15.5

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Finally hit 1.17.6! kinda happy with that now i just gotta work on being consistant. 1st turn is such a s***

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I've found hit the first apex full throttle and then stay off the accelerator until the braking point as you coast at the edge of the grip limit.

• Informative
Reactions: DeathDealerS199

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
yeah thats what ive found im doing. gearing is my downfall i find i change down to about 3rd and it causes the back end to slide. if i stay in 4th i dont have the grunt. its trying to find a line where you can get the car settled for a second to change down a gear.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
good plan imma give that a go now see what i can get. also the braking point into the hairpin thing at the back of the track is really hard to get. the line is eay but there is very little in the way of braking markers there. i think i'll end up using the force to get the braking point lol

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
the braking point into the hairpin thing at the back of the track is really hard to get. the line is eay but there is very little in the way of braking markers there. i think i'll end up using the force to get the braking point lol
Just hit the car in front as your brakes. Works for most people online.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Just hit the car in front as your brakes. Works for most people online.
I'm guessing you have just been playing online lobbys? I'm gonna try keep out the back of everyone this week. i got a plan, qualify last then wait for accidents. i do feel this is gonna be my worst race, i've always hated this track with the same passion as i do for my ex girlfriend.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Midway into the red Toyota sign is my braking point for that corner. If your lighter on the brakes the start of the sign is the place to start braking.