AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Round 4 - Road America
AOR V8 Supercars - Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Thursday 28th January 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 4 flying laps
- Race: 28 laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Track Information:
Layout: Full Circuit
Track Conditions: Day

Last edited:

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
The return of the two stop!

also the holden is a wheelie bin around here

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Yeah the Holden sucks around here, rear end just doesn't wanna get settled and the power isn't there out the corners. It doesn't seem to like elevation change. I've tried braking before turning in to try get the weight over the front wheels but it just scrubs off so much time you end up a second off your own pace. that could just be me though. Gotta say the Merc's are stunning to drive around here so well behaved. gonna have to do a fuel run tonight. Gotta be able to get to the end of lap 24 :) 1 stop for the win boys!

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I think ive got the pace for low 12s maybe very late 11s, but I always bugger up the 3 most important corners which lead onto the three long straights

Jamie

Formula Karter
Apr 10, 2014
I'll practice for this and let you know if I can make it on the day.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
The Ford's have a really good chance to take the win around here. I set my PB around here 12.4 in a Ford and it was quite a messy lap.

I reckon if I nailed a lap around here in the Ford it would easily be low 11s.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Forget it lads go home i got this no need to race lol Alex i will be available for race win interview tomorrow when you free?

itstotallylegitCAT-s287x200-248881.jpg

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
I've come to the realisation that I'll be missing Long Beach as I'm somewhere between Spain and France. Let's hope I've already ruined my title chances before that race :).

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Was on rivals last night trying to beat the times and couldn't do it then decided to just have a mock race distance to figure out fuel and managed to get a 2.13.3 0.o my best time. go figure eh

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't done many laps but got a 12.3 with a fairly awful lap. Got the speed to do a mid 11, just need to be able to focus for a whole lap and not throw up every time I get to the kink. I think the Ford is gonna carry me a bit here though, not gonna lie. :smug::smug::smug::smug:

Reactions: DeathDealerS199

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
If I get the entire lap spot on, I think I can get into the 11s, but I think it would be a very rare occasion.

There's no way I can get the #9 into the 10s though, that's beyond my skill level.

Either it's simply because some of the best drivers are in the volvos or the volvos and fords have a nice advantage around this track.

I've driven the Ford around here and even messy laps are faster than my consistent merc times.

x Shuffle

Feb 21, 2014
I tried to improve my time yesterday, didn't manage it. The Holden will do a 2:10, I've been on for one a couple of times. But it's frustrating to know that that's still nowhere near the ultimate pace.

Something I noticed was that the cars seems to accelerate better on low fuel. Seems obvious, but I didn't realise it really he much of an effect on this game.