AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
You know what lads, I have to say I'm impressed with the turn out for these races, we haven't dipped below 20 starters yet which is mad, back in the day I'd have killed for that many people to be in the race.

Yeah, we've interchanged a few drivers here and there, and no doubt we will continue to for the rest of the season. But, in general it's great.

Well played.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I know it's jumping the gun abit, but will there be plans for a season 3 if the turn out stays so high?

RumBum321

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 2, 2015
No worries @RumBum321, I thought you had just swiped my rear end out. I was enjoying our battles it probably would of carried on for a fair few laps I would imagine.
Yeah it was unintentional. If I remember, we were side by side at the last corner. @FTW ShadowDemon and @FisiFan91, who had much more speed than us, were right behind me. So I wanted to defend my position without touching the back of your car but the incident happened.

When I saw you spinning and doing barrel rolls (Read it with Peppy Hare's voice), I actually was confused because I didn't want our duel to end like that.

You know what lads, I have to say I'm impressed with the turn out for these races, we haven't dipped below 20 starters yet which is mad, back in the day I'd have killed for that many people to be in the race.

Yeah, we've interchanged a few drivers here and there, and no doubt we will continue to for the rest of the season. But, in general it's great.

Well played.
Whether you are in 1st place, 7th,12th or 19th, the race is so much fun. There's at least one moment where you are involved in a battle and it's clearly not over until you cross the finish line. For me that's the reason why I love this league.

If there's a Season 2, I'm definitely in !

FlushStroke

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 29, 2015
Good race, dropped to last on the first lap from 15th on the grid, a combination on being too passive on first few corners and subsequently getting swamped. Made my way back up during the race and finished 16th in the end.

Any chance I can have the option to use the breaking line assist, I'm not that good and it helps

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I very much doubt they will allow the racing line assist to be available.

The only advice I can think of is to find a ghost on the leader boards who laps 1-3 tenths faster than you and copy their braking points and gear selection.

After you beat that ghost pick another one that is again 1-3 tenths faster and repeat what I mentioned above.

Don't worry too much about the ghost having to be a V8 if your too far off the pace, as you will become quick enough to race one of our ghosts after 5-15 laps.

FlushStroke

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 29, 2015
I always watch the replays of the quicker guys and practice after on test drive, when there is a ghost there I find it really distracting, I understand what youre saying though and I practice the **** out of forza. I just havn't had it long

It just makes life a little easier when youre at the bottom of the skill gap

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Racing with the ghost will help you as it gives you instant feedback of where your going wrong, and where you are fast.

For example if your always 2 tenths behind after sector 1, you'lol see why when racing a ghost.

Once your comfortable with the braking points and the lines through each corner, turn the ghost off again

FlushStroke

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 29, 2015
I appreciate what youve wrote but I feel youre missing what im saying.

I havent been racing long, my first racing game was effectively gta 5 which obviously isnt a racing game as such, then moved to driveclub briefly before buying an xbox one and forza just before christmas. And pcars for a few weeks or so as well at some point but hate that game.

I jumped into the deep end joining this, and as I said, it just makes life a little easier

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
After disconnecting in qualifying and starting 21st, I'm quite happy with 9th actually, I was in a net 6th after the first round of stops behind robo and ahead of oasis. After some terrible lock ups and slides due to the sudden loss of vibrational feedback and an excursion at the last corner losing myself 3 positions because of someone taking out my braking reference. Not a bad salvage mission in that respect.

Fully predicting some ridiculous time like a 27 at brands hatch from the top 5 lel

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I appreciate what youve wrote but I feel youre missing what im saying.

I havent been racing long, my first racing game was effectively gta 5 which obviously isnt a racing game as such, then moved to driveclub briefly before buying an xbox one and forza just before christmas. And pcars for a few weeks or so as well at some point but hate that game.

I jumped into the deep end joining this, and as I said, it just makes life a little easier
As it stands, the racing line will not be allowed. You are free to use it in practice and as a training tool, but on race nights there are simply too many advantages to running it. When races are at night time, the line is illuminating and easy to see. When races are wet, the braking indicators are adjusted accordingly. And when people decide to be reckless and consistently hit off the braking boards and other references on the track and infuriate the other drivers, the line is still showing to those who use it. Too many times my reference points have been wiped off the track in races and I lose time because of it (and through no fault of my own).

Unlike other assists which hinder performance and lap times like ABS, the line does not have a negative point.

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
As it stands, the racing line will not be allowed. You are free to use it in practice and as a training tool, but on race nights there are simply too many advantages to running it. When races are at night time, the line is illuminating and easy to see. When races are wet, the braking indicators are adjusted accordingly. And when people decide to be reckless and consistently hit off the braking boards and other references on the track and infuriate the other drivers, the line is still showing to those who use it. Too many times my reference points have been wiped off the track in races and I lose time because of it (and through no fault of my own).

Unlike other assists which hinder performance and lap times like ABS, the line does not have a negative point.
Can I put this in the PCars League thread?

Sums up my hatred for racing line

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
my race review is up with a live commentary for a difference @Regamus ive included the ending :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1454155033][/DOUBLEPOST]

Reactions: Regamus