AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 4 - Road America - 28/01/2016 8pm

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Lol if I can offer a little bit of advice after watching that, it would be to try an keep your braking as 1 fluid movement rather than on, off, on, off. It will improve your lap times and entry into the apex

• Agree
Reactions: EVR Matt212

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I bit late with this.

I'm slow at this game, I'm using a wheel and people say that the pad is quicker. But I don't care. I will continue with me wheel for two reasons! 1. A wheel is more awesome than a pad. 2. I can't drive with a pad and I will be slower with it, I promise.;)

Anyway, enjoyed the racing and I hope I won't be last next race! Also realised the signs are dangerous!:facepalm:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm slow at this game, I'm using a wheel and people say that the pad is quicker. But I don't care. I will continue with me wheel for two reasons! 1. A wheel is more awesome than a pad. 2. I can't drive with a pad and I will be slower with it, I promise.;)
I'm miles quicker with a wheel than a pad on every other [proper] racing game, except for this one where I'm miles slower. And I have no idea why.

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
I tried the wheel on this game when it first came out and I couldn't get to grips with it at all, I was about 5 seconds a lap slower around Rio.

Half of that might just be my ability on the wheel but it's still very hard to be quick on the wheel. Fair play for sticking with it.

Reactions: The Genius

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I'm miles quicker with a wheel than a pad on every other [proper] racing game, except for this one where I'm miles slower. And I have no idea why.
The same here but honestly I am rubbish on a pad. I haven't tried it on this game but I'm sure I'll be slow on a pad anyway.:D

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The same here but honestly I am rubbish on a pad. I haven't tried it on this game but I'm sure I'll be slow on a pad anyway.:D
I'm pretty rubbish on a pad too lol (at least relative to this league), but still can't get close with a wheel on this game!

• Optimistic

FlushStroke

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 29, 2015
Racing with the ghost will help you as it gives you instant feedback of where your going wrong, and where you are fast.

For example if your always 2 tenths behind after sector 1, you'lol see why when racing a ghost.

Once your comfortable with the braking points and the lines through each corner, turn the ghost off again
I underestimated racing against a ghost once youre used to it, cheers for the advice

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I underestimated racing against a ghost once youre used to it, cheers for the advice
No worries, just make sure you can drive the same pace without it.

As I have that problem sometimes, as I don't concentrate as much when I'm not racing someone or something

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
No worries, just make sure you can drive the same pace without it.

As I have that problem sometimes, as I don't concentrate as much when I'm not racing someone or something
Racing ghosts makes me slower...
The n again it is me...

• Optimistic

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Most if not all of my leader board PB's from the past two seasons were a result of racing someone's ghost.

Although Brands Hatch seems to an exception as my PB was racing alone and I seem to struggle for consistency around there with a ghost on