Event Information:
Date: Thursday 18th February 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 4 flying laps
- Race: 43 laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Track Information:
Layout: Full Circuit
Track Conditions: Day

Last edited:

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Holden's gonna walk it

klossn

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 28, 2015
I like this track, I'm currently the fastest S class Formula E car around here, although the V8SC handle alot differently I'll have to admit

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Ok, so I love this track. The car feels great round here and I seem to be able to keep it out the wall long enough to do consistent times. Got a 23.2 after about 30 mins of practice, can get a 22 on a perfect lap. Looking forward to this one!

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I think luck is going to play a big part in this race. The lapped cars are going to have to be extremely polite to avoid incidents as it's a short lap so could be lapped numerous times.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I'm not going to lie I am not looking forward to this one. I can only foresee a rather large comment count after the race of people having a go at one another for causing this crash or that crash etc etc

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
This race is gonna be great!! Looking forward to it and for once in not being sarcastic. I still don't see how you are getting into the 23's I'm currently at 24.8 I think. First turn is gonna be a cluster f**k

• Agree
Reactions: klossn

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
OH can we have a bit of clarification from the race co-ordinators on the process that the back markers need to adopt. Brand Hatch was a goos example of how a short track can produce issues when it comes to cars moving slowly (which if damaged they will be) and slower drivers I.e. back markers? where would be the most beneficial place to let you guys past without slowing us too much. also is it better to keep racing right up to the point you're behind us then let you past on a straight or back right off and let you pass from miles back? i would say to just make sure our intentions are clear for you guys running at the front. so move right off the racing line once you are reasonably close.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
OH can we have a bit of clarification from the race co-ordinators on the process that the back markers need to adopt. Brand Hatch was a goos example of how a short track can produce issues when it comes to cars moving slowly (which if damaged they will be) and slower drivers I.e. back markers? where would be the most beneficial place to let you guys past without slowing us too much. also is it better to keep racing right up to the point you're behind us then let you past on a straight or back right off and let you pass from miles back? i would say to just make sure our intentions are clear for you guys running at the front. so move right off the racing line once you are reasonably close.
This is covered in the rules and regs.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Sigh. This isn't an acceptable line through Turn 5. There's cones there for crying out loud. There's a least three people on the leaderboards doing it. I haven't checked anyone below Oasis.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I did wonder that myself when I saw some people doing it. Ive used roughly the same line as the front runners all season but I don't turn in that early. I've followed the same line over the yellow bumps but the other side of the kerbs.

Is the entire yellow strip an exploit?

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
It doesnt dirty the lap but it is just a shocking advantage gained by doing it. Just watched your lap Shuffle and its helped me loads with lines. i was running over the yellow strips before and just controlling the rear of the car. but after watching your line i can see its far more beneficial to run to the left of them. you can really hold the speed too if you get it right.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I'll start to avoid them for safety sake then, as this is going to be a tough race for me to keep it out the walls without getting DQ'd for corner cutting.

Edit: after watching my replaying I am guilty of the same thing as I do indeed take out the very last cone.

Last edited: