AOR V8 Supercars - Round 7 - Long Beach - 18/02/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 7 - Long Beach - 18/02/2016 8pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
The whole race (and the lobby beforehand) was plagued with problems and we've now had a race where throughout we've had batches of disconnections. I'm not sure what to do really.

Ideally I think it should be rerun or voided. Xbox Live has really ****ed us all over.
True about XBL, But now one of my t shirts has unwashable sweat patches for nothing if it's voided

Reactions: Super GT

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
The whole race (and the lobby beforehand) was plagued with problems and we've now had a race where throughout we've had batches of disconnections. I'm not sure what to do really.

Ideally I think it should be rerun or voided. Xbox Live has really ****ed us all over.
Re run after Bathurst? There's no way on earth those results can stand, surely.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Mass disconnections:

● If 4 (or more) drivers lose connection to the lobby during the transition from qualifying to the race, the lobby will be restarted.

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

1. The race was over 90% complete.
2. 4 (?) or more us disconnected just as Kerry was coming around the final corner.
3. Results should stand as they were at that moment.

That's if we are keeping that as the result.

If we re-run it, then fair play.
Technically this is the mass disconnection ruling.

● During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.

T6 BULLET

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Mass disconnections:

● If 4 (or more) drivers lose connection to the lobby during the transition from qualifying to the race, the lobby will be restarted.

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

2. 4 (?) or more us disconnected just as Kerry was coming around the final corner.

would like the result to go back a lap, took enough sweat to keep 3rd for the whole race lol

• Agree
Reactions: EMR Europa

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Mass disconnections:

First disconnection? So Kerry, Chris, Troy would be top 3?

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
How many finished?
would like the result to go back a lap, took enough sweat to keep 3rd for the whole race lol
You would keep 3rd if were 3rd at the time of the mass disconnect at the end there.

I don't think any of the other disconnects can be classed as mass disconnects as it was always less than 4 people, if memory serves me rightly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1455832070][/DOUBLEPOST]
First disconnection? So Kerry, Chris, Troy would be top 3?
First mass disconnection which was the one at the end of the race, lap 42 or 43 (depending on where you were).

I think it was Kerry 1st and Bullet 3rd, not sure about 2nd.

• Agree
Reactions: T6 BULLET

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Going by the rules, none of them are mass disconnects.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
The first set of disconnections was Fisi, one of the FTW's and Deathdealer right near the start, then there was one with Klossn and someone else, then me and Phil, then the final one of five (?).

I can honestly say I've never been in a race with that many connection drop outs.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
This is going to get complex.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I agree, but when you see multiple names spam across your screen at one instant, before being dsc'd yourself, you know its no coincidence...
Indeed, but that happened at 3 separate times, but they were all slightly lower numbers. If the final one counts the first one counts.

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
We can argue about if it was or wasn't a mass disconnect all we want, at the end of the day too many people didn't finish that race because of connection, FACT. Kerry was on the final corner FFS, how can he not get the win for that. He was 3000 feet ahead...

klossn

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 28, 2015
this is quite an odd one for sure, going by the rules the first mass disconnect was technically after 90%, but when like not even 30% finish because of dc's I think an exception should be made

• Agree
Reactions: II OASIS I

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
Yeah, I was reading the wrong rule.

Mass disconnections:

During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.

So, there were no mass disconnections. So, the final 6 of you who actually managed to finish is technically the top 6.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Really, it's either the results stand as they are across the line, or no results stand based on how many disconnections there were.

• Agree
Reactions: Super GT and klossn