AOR V8 Supercars - Round 7 - Long Beach - 18/02/2016 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR V8 Supercars - Round 7 - Long Beach - 18/02/2016 8pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
Some of you can disagree with my post but those are the rules after all.

It doesn't suit me because I disconnected too.

I think most of us would be happiest with a re-run at a later date though so we can actually have a proper race.

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I personally think re run in 2 weeks, have a week practicing another track, come back. Practice all week, should have had a top 5, get nothing.

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
what i want to know is why everyone continued after the first batch of DSC's and why the race wasnt re run from then with a rolling start in whatever position you were in. Then if there are going to be results based on whoever was where at that time then it seems pointless that we all continued on unknowingly about what was going to unfold. If there are results based on whoever actually finished imo that is horse s**t because you could've just had a sleep in a run off area and got 6th

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Really, it's either the results stand as they are across the line, or no results stand based on how many disconnections there were.
And really, I don't think we can class a race where 6 people finished due to disconnections as an "official" race.

Yeah, it may not be the letter of the law, but at the same time common sense has to intervene. Really, when we had so many stability problems in the lobby, we should have postponed then.

I agree that it sucks for Bullet, Callum and everyone else who did finish, but I don't think this can stand. The question now is whether to re run this after Bathurst, or just void it and move on.

T6 BULLET

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
And really, I don't think we can class a race where 6 people finished due to disconnections as an "official" race.

Yeah, it may not be the letter of the law, but at the same time common sense has to intervene. Really, when we had so many stability problems in the lobby, we should have postponed then.

I agree that it sucks for Bullet, Callum and everyone else who did finish, but I don't think this can stand. The question now is whether to re run this after Bathurst, or just void it and move on.
would rather it went back a whole lap because 11 people were still in!

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
5 DSC'd at the end.

Here's the last lap with results.

@McPhilen @x Shuffle

Just put it back a lap and be done with it. It's not a mass disconnection because the fact is, there was no Mass DSC of people, yes it's unfortunate that people were sporadically dsc'ing. If it was real life and a pile up took half the field out on the last lap, then it gets reverted to the penultimate lap, same here, right?

Reactions: EMR Europa

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014

I didnt finish, i dsc'd on the last lap with kerry and super gt and 2 others

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I don't think I could be arsed redoing this race again, we just did basically a full race anyway. Award the points or void the result.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
It's even more complicated you know, because Super GT had a quali ban. If the race is voided then what happens to that?

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
It's even more complicated you know, because Super GT had a quali ban. If the race is voided then what happens to that?
Even if the race is voided, he still took the ban assuming the race would count so I would say he's taken enough pain :lol:. Although if the race is re run then i guess it should be still active for that race to be consistent.

Reactions: Super GT

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
In my opinion, if the race get's re-run, I would have to have a quali ban still. If we void the race, then I've still served my ban for that race so I would be ok for Bathurst.

RumBum321

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 2, 2015
2) Do we know for sure these 2 people you speak of actually left?
I ragequitted 10 laps before the end. I don't wanna give my point of view about doing a re run or not because of that.

However, if we do a re run, I think we must clarify the rules about corner cutting. I have seen some people cutting turn 5 way too many times. That was ridiculous.