AOR VLN Series (PC) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR VLN Series (PC)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Ok, so Tuesday 28th of November will be the next VLN!

Race starts 8pm UK
Qualifying and practice before that. I’m certain I can open a lobby at 7 and people can join anytime. 30min practice, 20min qualifying.

2 hour race.

Questions:

GT4 yes or no?
(GT3, GT4?, Touring Cars, Clio Cup)

Damage: full or performance impacting?

Weather suggestion:

We start at dawn in the autumn, in fog that will transition to clear weather.

As I’m not on my PC, hope you guys don’t mind me creating the race thread and needed screenshots tomorrow :)

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
I'll come back on the GT4... will test out some cars when I have time. Give me like max a week for that.
As for damage, I think Performance Impacting should be fine another round.
It just should be clear to everybody what that means (and since its not clear to me yet) I would like some help with that haha. So 0% radiator is out of the question I hope?
The track is actually pretty forgiving... the only problem I have with damage full, is that it is so easy to damage the front (thus radiator) and than you probably won't make it back to the pits... or even worse, you are a danger for cars that are lapping you since there isn't so much room at some spaces.

Ofcourse this is real life, but than the races would be longer as well and you have more time to make up for it ;-)

Reactions: Stephan

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
For the wather, pls No fog as you realy dont want it on this track, the other with time of day no problem in that.

For the GT4 cars for me it is all down to how slow they are as they need to be alot slower then last time, or do it so that the slowest class starts then 1 min aftaher that the gt4 and then 1 minut after that the gt3 cars then you will get some trafic on track.

The performens damage is if you hit a wall hard you will get the damage, but if it is on full you might loose a whell or the engien dies, so on performens you still Getafe the damage, but you can always get to the pits to get it fixet

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Ok, so Tuesday 28th of November will be the next VLN!

Race starts 8pm UK
Qualifying and practice before that. I’m certain I can open a lobby at 7 and people can join anytime. 30min practice, 20min qualifying.

2 hour race.

Questions:

GT4 yes or no?
(GT3, GT4?, Touring Cars, Clio Cup)

Damage: full or performance impacting?

Weather suggestion:

We start at dawn in the autumn, in fog that will transition to clear weather.

As I’m not on my PC, hope you guys don’t mind me creating the race thread and needed screenshots tomorrow :)
Not sure about GT4. It doesn't really seem like the difference between GT3 and GT4 is large enough to allow for any lapping in 2 hours. Of course we could take up @Niclas Domino's idea and say slowest class first, 2nd fastest 2nd and then GT3s last. That would create lapping in the first part of the race but after that there's not really more lapping.
I'd suggest maybe find a slower class than GT4 just to allow for some more lapping to make the race more interesting.
Definitely damage on performance impacting. We wan't it so it is a challenge to drive and you have high risk of getting damage, but we don't want any people to DNF due to their car breaking down. So I think performance impacting is a good compromise.
In terms of weather, I wouldn't mind your idea. The fog adds even more challenge which (imo) equals more fun. And like the idea of keeping it realistic with fog in the dawn and then later when the temperature rises, the fog clears away :)

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
I hope there is some interest for the Clio Cup, as it is a really fun car to drive even though it is on the slow side.
Especially on the Nordschleife it can still be challenge, but hopefully some people see the Clio as nice entry level to learning/mastering the Nordschleife.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Not sure about GT4. It doesn't really seem like the difference between GT3 and GT4 is large enough to allow for any lapping in 2 hours. Of course we could take up @Niclas Domino's idea and say slowest class first, 2nd fastest 2nd and then GT3s last. That would create lapping in the first part of the race but after that there's not really more lapping.
I'd suggest maybe find a slower class than GT4 just to allow for some more lapping to make the race more interesting.
Definitely damage on performance impacting. We wan't it so it is a challenge to drive and you have high risk of getting damage, but we don't want any people to DNF due to their car breaking down. So I think performance impacting is a good compromise.
In terms of weather, I wouldn't mind your idea. The fog adds even more challenge which (imo) equals more fun. And like the idea of keeping it realistic with fog in the dawn and then later when the temperature rises, the fog clears away :)
We Can only lap once, so if We do it with the slower cars we Can all get to overtake, and it is not only the gt3 cars that Can do it

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Yes lapping cars is something we want all want to do (except when driving the slowest class) but in the end, it's all about how many people show up for a race that makes it interesting.

My suggestion would NOT to start the slowest class first and the (for example) GT4 after and GT3 after that... cuz this messes up a lot of hard work in the early stages.
INSTEAD my suggestion would rather be to let the GT3 storm off the field, while all other classes remain stationary. Than let (for example) let the GT4s go (when the GT3 enter the nordschleife for example, so thats about 2 minutes and the same for the other class, 2 minutes later.
Only thoughts that need to be taken is 'tyre temps', but that is very easy sollution. Instead of an acceleration zone on the circuit, you just put it on the nordschleife like near Flugplatz for example.

This way, the first battles will take place IN class... and secondly everybody will have some lapping to do when they have settled into a rythm

• Agree
Reactions: Hetharion

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for the comments!

Let’s plan without GT4 for the next one and hope for Clios, that’s traffic for GT3 and TC.

I think, starting 2min apart might help get traffic earlier, but I believe Many would hate to wait so long. Reversing the classes might cause mayhem in the early stages of the race. I think we just need a full grid :)

About fog, we’re not talking about heavy fog. Fog is actually quite drivable and a foggy autumn morning clearing up is just awesome. Try a test session, let me know if the visibility really impacts you!

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
If any one wants challange and traffic, force all to slicks, by night, and snow. 100ps or 600ps cars will lap with very similar times ^^ Here we'd need 1 hour for one lap, reasonably... :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
If any one wants challange and traffic, force all to slicks, by night, and snow. 100ps or 600ps cars will lap with very similar times ^^ Here we'd need 1 hour for one lap, reasonably... :D
We already did a 1 lap GT3 race. In the night. In the blizzard. I'd say if you really want a challenge, and a situation that you're probably never gonna master, take the Nords on in the night and blizzard :p

scottbed

Junior Karter
Jan 7, 2018
Saturday evining works bedst for me.
Well 2 houres also works bedst if We are going to have trafic, We might need to test out some defrint and bigger gabs between cars when starting the race, as we only just got some of the TC cars not all and the gt3 Can only gain about 40 sek in about 30 min on a gt4 and with laps around 8:35 sek for at gt3 you will got se the gt4 cars
Saturday evening (Saturday day EST), 1 hour would be good.