AOR Website Suggestions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Website Suggestions Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Hey all!

This thread is to fire your suggestions for the AOR Website.

What is this thread for?
  • Site design
  • Improvements
  • Code Improvements
  • Style Improvements
  • Feature Improvements
  • Possible Improvements

We' like to thank you for your continued support, you make AOR what it is today.

Please report bugs in the Bug Reports thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBOS_00

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I'm going to highjack this thread since I can't find the normal site suggestion thread. Where the **** did it go?

1. Can we have the *'s removed for users over the age of 18? I don't mind curse words at all, provided of course they aren't used in a abusive way but even * out the word the meaning still gets across so I find it lame having to determine whether someone said this 4 letter word or that, etc.

2. @Dan Hawkins I seen the thread about awards pt2 or something. Could we maybe introduce a High5 system? It's simple, say I'm struggling with something and someone from the forums comes along and solves my problem etc. I could then goto their profile, hit the High5 button and leave a small message "Awesome help bro, couldn't have done it without you" etc etc. We are then providing a way of acknowledging the users that stand out and help the community. Maybe we could have a counter award? "Most High5's of December" etc. This could be incorporated into the Rank system, provide a way to advance etc.

Well these are my ideas, love them or hate them :)

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
I'm going to highjack this thread since I can't find the normal site suggestion thread. Where the **** did it go?

1. Can we have the *'s removed for users over the age of 18? I don't mind curse words at all, provided of course they aren't used in a abusive way but even * out the word the meaning still gets across so I find it lame having to determine whether someone said this 4 letter word or that, etc.

2. @Dan Hawkins I seen the thread about awards pt2 or something. Could we maybe introduce a High5 system? It's simple, say I'm struggling with something and someone from the forums comes along and solves my problem etc. I could then goto their profile, hit the High5 button and leave a small message "Awesome help bro, couldn't have done it without you" etc etc. We are then providing a way of acknowledging the users that stand out and help the community. Maybe we could have a counter award? "Most High5's of December" etc. This could be incorporated into the Rank system, provide a way to advance etc.

Well these are my ideas, love them or hate them :)
as long as they are banned for under 18s.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
From @The Genius :

Can it be possible when creating a thread in the stewards panel section that the format of...

Platform + League:
Coordinator:

... And all that is automaticly there in the post when creating the thread? Not only will this be easier for everybody creating a thread but we can also avoid instances where users forget to fill in the template

Just a thought that would be good if it was possible.:)

Last edited:

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
From @The Genius :

Can it be possible when creating a thread in the stewards panel section that the format of...

Platform + League:
Coordinator:

... And all that is automaticly there in the post when creating the thread? Not only will this be easier for everybody creating a thread but we can also avoid instances where users forget to fill in the temple

Just a thought that would be good if it was possible.:)
Done mofo!

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
1. Can we have the *'s removed for users over the age of 18? I don't mind curse words at all, provided of course they aren't used in a abusive way but even * out the word the meaning still gets across so I find it lame having to determine whether someone said this 4 letter word or that, etc
Added this functionality....

This can now be set on a profile level, under preferences..... under "Enable Profanity Contents".....

IMG_0805.PNG

Reactions: Wizard

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
You won't see all the options in my screenshot - as some are moderator/admin permissions and others are related to the new style I'm building out.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Would this be instead of the liking system? Like a completely stand alone bit in the database? Or linked to likes too? Where would you see this "high five" button? On their profile only? How many times can one user high five people? Unlimited? How about the same person?

Sorry for questions just trying to understand a logic behind the code

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Would this be instead of the liking system? Like a completely stand alone bit in the database? Or linked to likes too? Where would you see this "high five" button? On their profile only? How many times can one user high five people? Unlimited? How about the same person?

Sorry for questions just trying to understand a logic behind the code
I'd maybe have it that it's only possible to use once per month per member. Access it through their profile or even a shortcut beside the likes button etc for easy access.

Example;

Ranger sends Dan Hawkins a High5
Reason: For implementing my idea that I no longer need to guess what curse words people use

As a result I'd not be able to use it again until next month but you would be able to receive more from other people.

Maybe award some points for it, nothing major like 3 to 5 points and it would just show some recognition to the Staff and even members who have maybe done something significant that month etc.

Not sure how easy it would be to implement but that's my idea :)

Reactions: Stevie

organyx

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 9, 2014
To disable the ability to Like/Dislike a post in the stewards section. Imo it's not necessary especially from people who are not involved.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Dan just wondering, do we tick or untick the profanity settings. I have it ticked for enable profanity content but it doesn't actually show content.
**** - let me review the code.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Dan just wondering, do we tick or untick the profanity settings. I have it ticked for enable profanity content but it doesn't actually show content.
You're right - it's not working as it did during my implementation of the code!

• Informative
Reactions: Ranger

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
@Dan Hawkins On the news feed all the leagues have their own prefix except the DiRT league which has been tagged as gaming, maybe it could have its own prefix too?

Sorry I told you it was picky and insanely specific :p

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
@Dan Hawkins On the news feed all the leagues have their own prefix except the DiRT league which has been tagged as gaming, maybe it could have its own prefix too?

Sorry I told you it was picky and insanely specific :p
Added . DiRT - as per your request *mumbles*

Updated thread on Front page too.