AOR Website Suggestions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Website Suggestions Thread

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Hey all!

This thread is to fire your suggestions for the AOR Website.

What is this thread for?
  • Site design
  • Improvements
  • Code Improvements
  • Style Improvements
  • Feature Improvements
  • Possible Improvements

We' like to thank you for your continued support, you make AOR what it is today.

Please report bugs in the Bug Reports thread.
Updated opening post in here too, it was like 2015 :eek: damnnn

• Funny
Reactions: The Genius

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Not sure if it is on your table but would be awesome if it was possible to bookmark certain parts on the forum. Was mainly talking about the app but if you can for the site in genral tha would be great too. But you can already bookmark like normal on a PC so as I said mainly for the app.:)

Have a good day Mr. @Dan Hawkins!

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Not sure if it is on your table but would be awesome if it was possible to bookmark certain parts on the forum. Was mainly talking about the app but if you can for the site in genral tha would be great too. But you can already bookmark like normal on a PC so as I said mainly for the app.:)

Have a good day Mr. @Dan Hawkins!
Do you means bookmarking posts? That sounds fairly easy....

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Do you means bookmarking posts? That sounds fairly easy....
Forums, so that I do not need to go/do for example: Dirt rally -> season 3 -> pro tier -> etc and can simply go to bookmarks and then just pick pro tier in dirt rally directly.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Forums, so that I do not need to go/do for example: Dirt rally -> season 3 -> pro tier -> etc and can simply go to bookmarks and then just pick pro tier in dirt rally directly.
Use the bookmarker on your browser ya faff

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
I can easily do posts...... Forums - not so sure about.... Will have to look into the code.

• Informative
Reactions: The Genius

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
@Dan Hawkins @FisiFan91
Would it be possible to implement sub-forum announcements?

It would be very similar to when an announcement is placed on the main page or at the top of the website but it would only be viewable in the sub-forum it was placed?

For example, in the Rocket League sub-forum it would be nice if I could place an announcement at the top of the forum to alert RL players to an important post or general information they need to know. I noticed a lot of the guys didn't notice some posts last season and rather than tag 60+ people they would see it regardless of what post they are currently viewing.

Excuse the crude drawing on this screenshot but an announcement there where only viewable if you are in the RL sub forums would be very handy.
aot.JPG

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
@Dan Hawkins @FisiFan91
Would it be possible to implement sub-forum announcements?

It would be very similar to when an announcement is placed on the main page or at the top of the website but it would only be viewable in the sub-forum it was placed?

For example, in the Rocket League sub-forum it would be nice if I could place an announcement at the top of the forum to alert RL players to an important post or general information they need to know. I noticed a lot of the guys didn't notice some posts last season and rather than tag 60+ people they would see it regardless of what post they are currently viewing.

Excuse the crude drawing on this screenshot but an announcement there where only viewable if you are in the RL sub forums would be very handy.
View attachment 20498
This is already possible via standard XenForo "Notice" behaviour :)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
This is already possible via standard XenForo "Notice" behaviour :)
Is there a guide on how to use it Dan? Never even seen or heard of it before. It would really come in handy

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
So only available to mods? No way for cods to use it?
Not without granting basic admin panel access - which gives quite a vast amount of functions. Super Moderators can though

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Not without granting basic admin panel access - which gives quite a vast amount of functions. Super Moderators can though
So no way of giving the cods the ability to do it? That's what I'm getting at, if I needed an announcement to the RL players regarding the League I have to either make a post and tag every single player or go to a mod to get it done.

Can't we expand the site to allow cods the ability to make announcements within their area?

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
In the members section could we have a highest posters of the month and/or year? @Dan Hawkins I think it's pretty much the only thing I could ever win xD

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
In the members section could we have a highest posters of the month and/or year? @Dan Hawkins I think it's pretty much the only thing I could ever win xD
YES! And the highest of all ratings. for example genius would get 38 faffs(and me 39 haha) for example. that would improve the end of year awards so we don't have bad results and the votes are there for everyone to see why they won.