AOR Website Suggestions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Website Suggestions Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
YES! And the highest of all ratings. for example genius would get 38 faffs(and me 39 haha) for example. that would improve the end of year awards so we don't have bad results and the votes are there for everyone to see why they won.
I think you're referring to the ratings on a thread, in which case, no... Not possible as the SQL query to generate the figure would have to query the database every time somebody loaded the member page - as this isn't cached/stored anywhere...

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
I know what this should be
Iracing suggestions forums
so heres some improvements
EVERYTHING!

• Useful
Reactions: DemoN

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I would suggest changing the blue popup alerts that appears at the bottom of the screen to a maximum of 2 for mobile devices, otherwise they just cover the entire screen and you can not do anything. @Dan Hawkins

• Agree
Reactions: Stevie and DemoN

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I would suggest changing the blue popup alerts that appears at the bottom of the screen to a maximum of 2 for mobile devices, otherwise they just cover the entire screen and you can not do anything. @Dan Hawkins
I hate your signature. That's the worst thing I've ever seen. I hate it with every fibre of my being. I have had to stop seeing people's signature because of that hideous thing. Whoever made that for you is a bad person.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
It should only cover half of the screen at a max

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
It should only cover half of the screen at a max
I think it covers more than that but you can not navigate on the site till they are gone.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
I think it covers more than that but you can not navigate on the site till they are gone.
As long as it covers your gash signature I'm happy :D

Okay - I didn't realise they creeped up so much - that was definitely not what I intended for expected behaviour of the add on.

Can you remind me after Sunday - away at moment

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
As long as it covers your gash signature I'm happy :D

Okay - I didn't realise they creeped up so much - that was definitely not what I intended for expected behaviour of the add on.

Can you remind me after Sunday - away at moment
Sure I will.:)

Only if you let me keep my signature next time.;)

Reactions: Dan Hawkins

H_pro1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Can you disable the pop notifications that comes to the left bottom of the screen?

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
anyway theres some rewards for levelling up like if you get up to GP2 driver you get the option to make up your own border like @The Genius "AOR GP2 champion" (nice profile pic though)

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
@Dan Hawkins Maybe a Shoutbox on the front forum page like this:

http://i.imgur.com/qq9nuxT.png

Just ignore all the Arma 3 Life stuff but I think it would be cool.
They're something I've always liked on the front page / forum index - but they're bad as they reduce members posting in threads/forums as they'll just chat in there instead.

But will see what I can find with this idea.

MacGuyverSA

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2017
They're something I've always liked on the front page / forum index - but they're bad as they reduce members posting in threads/forums as they'll just chat in there instead.

But will see what I can find with this idea.
Maybe limit it to mods and premium?

• Useful
Reactions: H_pro1

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I personally don't like shout boxes, they use valuable space and provide little benefit. It usually ends up being filled with juvenile insults or other nonsense.

MacGuyverSA

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2017
Maybe i'm being a bit selfish in wanting to see this, but wouldn't it be interesting to have some sort of "Driving School" forum?

A place where experienced drivers can help out noobs like me in lifting their game to the next level?

From people who are rubbish at the game, to more experienced drivers who want to learn how to drive without assists...
They can all benefit from something like that!

I know there are a lot of Youtube videos with similar subjects, but having personal feedback or tips can always come in handy!

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Maybe something like a hall of fame? Could be just a link in the "News Forums Results Videos etc." bar. If you win a league most people besides those who play in the league won't notice. Would be nice to have a nice little overview.

• Agree
Reactions: alexukr

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Maybe i'm being a bit selfish in wanting to see this, but wouldn't it be interesting to have some sort of "Driving School" forum?

A place where experienced drivers can help out noobs like me in lifting their game to the next level?

From people who are rubbish at the game, to more experienced drivers who want to learn how to drive without assists...
They can all benefit from something like that!

I know there are a lot of Youtube videos with similar subjects, but having personal feedback or tips can always come in handy!
Noted - and taking this idea forward. Watch this space :)

Reactions: MacGuyverSA