PC - AOR Winter Champion 2020 - PC Race Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Winter Champion 2020 - PC Race Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 Special Events
PC Race Thread

Race Day/Time
● Race day: Friday 24 January 2020
● Event start: 8:00PM (UK time)

Event Rules
● Normal AOR rules applies to the event, see here.*
*The rules are written for a league so the stewards may change the outcome of a rule enforcement if necessary, for example a rage-quit may lead to difficulties in signing up to future events.
● AOR Manual Rolling Start, please read carefully the procedure of the Manual Rolling Start which can be found under 2.7 Manual Rolling Start in here.

● Driver Championship scoring
The following points for PC will be scored for each race finishing position.

1st - 25
2nd - 23
3rd - 22
4th - 20
5th - 19
6th - 18
7th - 17
8th - 16
9th - 15
10th -14
11th - 13
12th - 12
13th - 11
14th - 10
15th - 9
16th - 8
17th - 7
18th - 6
19th - 5
20th - 4

Pole position - 1 point
Fastest race lap - 1 point

The following points for XB1 and PS4 will be scored for each race finishing position.
1st - 20
2nd - 18
3rd - 16
4th - 15
5th - 14
6th - 13
7th - 12
8th = 11
9th = 10
10th = 9
11th = 8
12th = 7
13th = 6
14th = 5
15th = 4
16th = 3

Pole position - 1 point
Fastest race lap - 1 point

• Only drivers who finish the race will score points.
  • A driver who disconnects at any stage of the race will not score points and will be classified as DNF (Did Not Finish) in the race results.
In the case of drivers being tied on points in the standings, the higher position will be awarded to the holder of most first places. If the number of first places is the same, the holder of most second places, then third places, and so on until a winner emerges.

Lobby settings
- Force Interior View: No
- Force Manual Gears: Yes
- Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
- Force Default Setups: Yes
- Allow Ghosted Vehicles: No
- Mandatory pit-stop: No
- Damage: Full Damage
- Mechanical Failures: Yes
- Tyre Wear: Authentic
- Fuel Usage: Authentic
- Auto Start Engine: Yes
aa
- Flags & Penalties: On
- Allowable Time Penalty: 30s
- Allow Drivethrough Penalty: Off
- Competitve Racing License: On
- Min. Competitive License Required: U0100 (lowest ranking)
aa
Race format

● Race 1

- In-game time-of-day information (Time progression: Real Time):
- Qualifying time: 25 May 2020, 12:00​
- Race start time: 25 May 2020, 13:00​
- Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium cloud​
- Race: Medium cloud​
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 25 minutes (Standing start)
- Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP Historic
- Car: 1967 Ferrari 330 P4

● Race 2
- In-game time-of-day information (Time progression: 2x): 25 May 2020, 17:00
- Weather Conditions: Medium cloud
- Practice: 5 minutes
- Race: 30 minutes ( Starting order reverse finish race 1, DNF from race 1 starts at the back, AOR Manual Rolling Start)
- Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP
- Car: 1996 Ferrari 333 SP
Manual Rolling Start Information (click for larger image):
- Formation Zone
- Acceleration Zone
● Race 3

- In-game time-of-day information (Time progression: 5x): 25 May 2020, 18:00
- Weather Conditions: Clear
- Practice: 5 minutes
- Race: 30 minutes (Starting order reverse finish race 2, DNF from race 1 and/or 2 starts at the back, AOR Manual Rolling Start)
- Track: Autodromo Nazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrari Imola
- Car: 2016 Ferrari 488 GTE
Manual Rolling Start Information (click for larger image):
- Formation Zone
- Acceleration Zone
Results

EikeSky

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2017
With no setup and barely any experience (with the cars, MCL forever), at least it's not nordschliefe. I'm in.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
With no setup and barely any experience (with the cars, MCL forever), at least it's not nordschliefe. I'm in.
Please sign-up formally in the sign-up thread. Just a formality but it keeps everything in one place and makes it easier for me :)

Reactions: EikeSky

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
That was a lot of fun :) I qualified well, but after the race start confusion I found myself second to last. Quickly managed to get back to P3 and then it was an interesting slipstream battle for P1 with @Asturbo and @mpc-v1 (?) I was even leading for a while, but then did some mistakes and lost the slipstream, which is why I had to settle for P3.
Race 2 - managed to avoid some incidents, but on second lap I rejoined the track in quite stupid way, hitting someone who was passing (really sorry for that!) and gained some damage. After that I totally screwed up in Ascari, spinning, hitting the wall and gaining 20 suspension damage as well as some aero damage. Still managed to finish 4th, which is not bad :)
Last race was kinda lonely for me. @TicklishPicklewickle on P1 was faster than me and I wasn't gaining, unfortunately after a while he spun, leaving P1 for me.

Would be even more fun with more people, but I guess that's it for PC2. Everyone seems to be interested in ACC now. Will there be any new leagues for PC2?

Reactions: Asturbo and mpc-v1

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Was a cracking 1st race @Smolda. If only I didn't get the lag spike when 7 seconds ahead.

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020
Jun 9, 2019
Yes, the first race after initial incident was amazing. Great battle with @Smolda & @mpc-v1 after the initial accident. The finish was very close:

The second race with reverse grid was more difficult. When I reached the front guys, I touch Ticklish and loose some positions waiting for him. After that I recover again and finally got the win with an unexpected donut in the chicane that keept the pressure to the end.

Last race I was very very slow but finally got 2nd position by other's penalties and mistakes.

Nice event, but I agree it would be better with more players. Hope we get some news about PC3 soon and that buck up people for next events.

Last edited:
Reactions: EikeSky

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Will there be any new leagues for PC2?
Believe me, as long as I'm around I will make sure we put out events on this game. ACC is limited by its amount of content so at some point interest will decline I'm sure. I keep my hopes up at least :)

And our official Winter Champion 2020 is @Asturbo! Follow-up was @Smolda missing out by 6 points and 2 points lower in 3rd it was @mpc-v1. Very close finish so congrats to all podium finishers :)
This was a very fun event indeed. But remember that this was an official competitive event so normal league rules apply. Which means that if you feel you've been mistreated on the track, you can take it to the stewards for review.

Here are my POVs for race 1 and 3. Unfortunately I forgot to hit record for race 2 but it wasn't pretty from my perspective anyway :p
Pay attention to the huge bottle in race 3. That's how not to do it :p

Reactions: Asturbo