XB1 - AOR XB1 Assist 2 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 Assist 2 League - Main Thread

AMS Dodger

S19 AOR XB1 Assist League 2 Champion
Jul 24, 2019
You have both quoted it yourself in the rules, if FOUR or more and are unable to get back in. THREE of you left and TWO of you came back in so therefore no need for a restart as there was no mass disconnection. Same with me in qualifying. I left because my Xbox crashed but I was able to get back in, regardless of whether the game dsq my car or not I still got back in so no need to restart. Yeh @AMS Japake it is just a game but it’s a game I enjoy and I’ve not lost out of a chance of winning because of the game
4 in qualifying , the point we are making is we were stuck on the race loading screen , not the mass disconnection part

Reactions: AMS Jaffa

SVrandsy1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 30, 2018
Race restart also includes mass disconnections which there was not so shouldn’t have been restarted

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
Race restart also includes mass disconnections which there was not so shouldn’t have been restarted
It does include that yes but it doesn’t mean both necessarily, it can be one or the other , either the mass disconnection or stuck in race loading screen , like ours was yeah sure we disconnected, I got back in japa didn’t and even when I loaded back in it still didn’t start so we got stuck on the loading screen before the race , therefore it means a restart

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
It’s also just a very common thing that in literally any other league I race in if anyone dcs on race start before formation lap , we quit and try again , if it happens again then we just carry on without them but usually courtesy to give them at least one chance to reconnect , I feel it’s fair , we all waited 2 weeks for a race , people are going to be put off if they wait that long for the race to come and then dc before it even starts , you would’ve wanted a restart too tbh if you dced as we were getting into the race , but maybe the right decision would’ve been to redo quali as soon as randsy couldn’t get in , either way what’s done is done , we move one still two more races to go
@AMS Dodger @SVrandsy1 this conversation will stop now. This argument is getting everyone no ware. What I've understood from what I've seen is that @AMS Dodger disconnected from the race which does not warrant a restart. Just because you've got unlucky doesn't mean the whole lobby needs to be restarted just because you can't race. It's just the way it goes sometimes. The rules state that the lobby only be restarted if there has been a mass disconnection and from what information I've gathered this is far from a mass disconnection. Like I said this argument will stop now.

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
@AMS Dodger @SVrandsy1 this conversation will stop now. This argument is getting everyone no ware. What I've understood from what I've seen is that @AMS Dodger disconnected from tyhe race which does not warrant a restart. Just because you've got unlucky doesn't mean the whole

@AMS Dodger @SVrandsy1 this conversation will stop now. This argument is getting everyone no ware. What I've understood from what I've seen is that @AMS Dodger disconnected from the race which does not warrant a restart. Just because you've got unlucky doesn't mean the whole lobby needs to be restarted just because you can't race. It's just the way it goes sometimes. The rules state that the lobby only be restarted if there has been a mass disconnection and from what information I've gathered this is far from a mass disconnection. Like I said this argument will stop now.
@Germo , @Foxhound put some evidence in from his stream and also the rules about getting stuck on a race loading screen warranting a restart , that’s my point about the restart not a mass disconnection , that’s the last thing I will say about it , but if we have to do a rerun I will happily do the rerun if we need to

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
@Germo , @Foxhound put some evidence in from his stream and also the rules about getting stuck on a race loading screen warranting a restart , that’s my point about the restart not a mass disconnection , that’s the last thing I will say about it , but if we have to do a rerun I will happily do the rerun if we need to
No you've read it wrong. It is not a restart if a single person is stuck in the loading screen. It's if the entire lobby is stuck in the loading screen. And the entire lobby would not be stuck in the loading screen if you would have done as the host asked and left. If you would've done that the lobby would've restarted. But from what I've grasped you simply wouldn't leave which you should've done. I know it's irritating but that's just the way it goes sometimes, it's happened to loads of people. These issues happen all the time and ignoring the hosts instructions is unacceptable. And a rerun is completely out of the question there is no way that will be happening.

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
No you've read it wrong. It is not a restart if a single person is stuck in the loading screen. It's if the entire lobby is stuck in the loading screen. And the entire lobby would not be stuck in the loading screen if you would have done as the host asked and left. If you would've done that the lobby would've restarted. But from what I've grasped you simply wouldn't leave which you should've done. I know it's irritating but that's just the way it goes sometimes, it's happened to loads of people. These issues happen all the time and ignoring the hosts instructions is unacceptable. And a rerun is completely out of the question there is no way that will be happening.
I did leave when he asked me too tbf so it’s unfair to say I ignored what the host was saying , and I was in the race I was on the track and ready to go but the lobby just didn’t start , then what will the outcome be is it just the results are as it was then , as everyone was in the lobby we restarted and the race went as it should?

SVrandsy1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 30, 2018
From what I gather from Tony @Germo is that dodger would only leave if Tony restarted. That’s why we were sat waiting for dodger being the only person stuck on the loading screen. I’m in a part with Tony as he’s my friend regardless of whether he is host or not as we are teammates in other leagues in which it is just me and Tony in the party. Also why is a re run out of the question? We have 2 races left and plenty of time after before the the new game comes out. Just a question and that’s the last thing I will say about the matter. Will now leave it to the powers that be to decide what happens. I could have easily asked for a restart when I dsq in quali through no fault of my own but I didn’t because it only happened to me so I knew that it didn’t warrant a restart. So I play by the rules and others clearly don’t and have to resort to harassing with constant messages so they get what they want. My last message on the matter. Gg everyone for a good race who I met on track other than those who try to win the race at the first corner of the first lap

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
I did leave when he asked me too tbf so it’s unfair to say I ignored what the host was saying , and I was in the race I was on the track and ready to go but the lobby just didn’t start , then what will the outcome be is it just the results are as it was then , as everyone was in the lobby we restarted and the race went as it should?
But I will admit yes okay I read the rules wrong then so maybe a restart shouldn’t have happened but either way it happened , everyone who was in before got in fine , we did the grid as quali was and then race went normal , so I admit it was my mistake on the rules of a restart I had read them wrong and I apologise for that , but the race went the host chose to restart he could’ve easily told me no we aren’t restarting so that was his choice , even if I he felt like I was “harassing” him which I apologise for Tony If you feel I was(for some reason I couldn’t tag him), but I still feel as the lobby was restarted and the grid was as quali was and everyone was in this time no issues I still feel it was a fair to race , and I’m sure most the lobby if reading this will agree with me , but it’s not down to us so I will see what is said

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
From what I gather from Tony @Germo is that dodger would only leave if Tony restarted. That’s why we were sat waiting for dodger being the only person stuck on the loading screen. I’m in a part with Tony as he’s my friend regardless of whether he is host or not as we are teammates in other leagues in which it is just me and Tony in the party. Also why is a re run out of the question? We have 2 races left and plenty of time after before the the new game comes out. Just a question and that’s the last thing I will say about the matter. Will now leave it to the powers that be to decide what happens. I could have easily asked for a restart when I dsq in quali through no fault of my own but I didn’t because it only happened to me so I knew that it didn’t warrant a restart. So I play by the rules and others clearly don’t and have to resort to harassing with constant messages so they get what they want. My last message on the matter. Gg everyone for a good race who I met on track other than those who try to win the race at the first corner of the first lap
If tony told me to leave Which he did and I replied to Will we restart if I leave , yes sure that maybe was a bit cheeky of me too say and I’m sorry if he felt like that was harassing cos it wasn’t my intent I just wanted to race like the rest of you guys , if he had told me no we won’t restart then I would’ve listened and dealt with it cos I know he was the host , sure I would’ve been very annoyed if that was the outcome but I would’ve taken it on the chin , this is the very last thing I say , I’m sorry for any issues caused , but all was fair everyone raced the good race and gg all

AMS Dodger

Jul 24, 2019
I said stop. If any of you comment again you will be punished. I honestly expect better from people who have been in this league for so long.
@Germo , I sincerely apologise for my actions and any issues caused it will not happen again , I guess this is what happens to us when we are in a title fight aha, again I’m very sorry to all