XB1 Main - AOR XB1 F1 2018 Leagues - Evaluation Race Thread - Season 17 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Main AOR XB1 F1 2018 Leagues - Evaluation Race Thread - Season 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17
XB1 - Evaluation Race Thread

This is 3rd and final step of the sign-up process. This step needs to be done by all new drivers who did not race in Season 16, any drivers who only completed less than 5 races in Season 16, and any drivers moving from the assist leagues to the main leagues. This thread is for drivers signing up to the Main Leagues.

Before registering for an evaluation race, make sure you have signed up to the league in the sign-up thread (step 1).

The evaluation races will be hosted on 4 days from Thursday 4th April - Sunday 7th April. You only need to participate in one of the races.

Intro:
The pre-season evaluation races are being arranged for a few reasons:

● It will work as an additional means to help us judge the league placement for new drivers, by allowing us to see how you perform on race pace over a 50% distance race.
● It will give us a taste of your race craft and ability to race cleanly and stay out of trouble, and ensure that all drivers have some experience of organised online racing.
● It will show us that you are properly committed to taking part in the upcoming league season, and allow us to weed out potential inactive sign-ups before the season has started.

How to take part:
Below you can find links to a race thread for each of the evaluation race nights. Enter the thread of the race day that suits you the most, and sign up there by replying with your XB1 Gamertag. It is possible to set up multiple lobbies per evaluation race day if necessary.

If you for some reason are unable to attend all of these race nights, due to reasons out of your control, then leave a message in this thread to let us know. Drivers who fail to attend any of the races, without informing us with a good reason, will not be included in the league placements.

Evaluation Race #1 - Thursday 4th April
Evaluation Race #2 - Friday 5th April
Evaluation Race #3 - Saturday 6th April
Evaluation Race #4 - Sunday 7th April

More information about the races can be found within the individual race threads.

Post-race reporting:

After you have finished your race, you will need to make a post in this thread with the following information:

Race Director Images:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take screenshots (or make a recording) of your lap times in the race director screen, and upload your pictures here. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.

Race Report:
Qualifying Position:
Qualifying Time:
Finishing Position:
Other notes: [Add anything of note that may have affected your lap times during the race, such as incidents, mistakes, penalties, lengthy battles, etc.]

Practical info regarding screenshots:

How to take a screenshot:
PS4: Press and hold down the 'SHARE' button until a notification pops up. Alternatively, press the 'SHARE' button and then press 'TRIANGLE' to save a screenshot.
XB1: Press the home button and then Y.
PC: Press F12 (unless you changed that hotkey in your Steam settings).

How to add a screenshot to your post:
You can upload images directly to your post as an attachment by clicking the "ATTACH FILES" button underneath the text box, and then selecting the images from the folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can upload your image to an external image hosting site (such as imgur, dropbox, google drive etc) and add the URL using the "Insert image" button above the text box, and then using the "By URL" option.

Example Screenshots:

Last edited:

aisenauar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 19, 2018
Just in case, can I partecipate to an evaluation race even if I completed S16, if there are any spot avalaible?

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Last season I raced in a racing line league (F6) though I never ever used racing lines (for any race, evaluation race or time trials). I want to move to no-assist leagues this season. Do I still need to do an evaluation race? Wasn’t sure if the assist leagues mentioned above were the full assist leagues or the racing line assist leagues.

Sorry and thanks!

aisenauar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 19, 2018
Last season I raced in a racing line league (F6) though I never ever used racing lines (for any race, evaluation race or time trials). I want to move to no-assist leagues this season. Do I still need to do an evaluation race? Wasn’t sure if the assist leagues mentioned above were the full assist leagues or the racing line assist leagues.

Sorry and thanks!
I’m pretty sure you can use RL up to f3, and only if you got selected to race in f1 or f2 because you’re fast enough, you can’t use RL. Anyway if you completed s16, you don’t need an evaluation race. The assist leagues are those with TC and ABS

Reactions: Cinnamon Rage

Zitvx

Pro Karter
Mar 31, 2019
Qualifying Position: 4th
Qualifying Time: 1:42.114 on softs
Finishing Position: 5th
Notes: Got hit up radion and spun. During that spin multiple cars collected me resulting in me getting 3 warnings i believe. I then track exceeded track limits once on lap 2 and the game gave me an instant penalty. I then had an incident up Eau Rouge with IS Daigoro where he spun into the wall and i believe it was de-sync. I had a battle lap 3 and 4. My penalty situation wasn't ideal but i got multiple warnings from stupid things like lap 1.

Attachments

3nrik

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2019
Qualifying Position: 10th
Qualifying Time: 1:45.038 Supers
Finishing Position: 13th
Notes: went cold into the race so I made a couple mistakes. The bigest mistake was on lap 1 at the entry of Eau Rouge where I turned to early, hit the wall, spun. Also i got a 10 secound penalty which i don't understand.

Attachments

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Qualifying Position: P2
Qualifying Time: 1:41.623
Finishing Position: P2

Quali:
Race:

Tom123FTW

S16 AOR XB1 Assist League 1 Champion
Jul 13, 2018
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 6th
Qualifying Time: 1.42.486 (Soft Compound)
Finishing Position: 1st
Other notes: 2x 3second penalties, aswell as a mistake I made on lap 2, seeing myself lose an estimated 10seconds at pouhon. Also did some battles here and there costing me a bit but nothing too major.

Attachments

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying position:13th (done a 41.8 but ran a smidge wide at corner with no name)

Finishing position: p4

Should have been p3 possibly even second but a few mistakes here and there and running wide at certain corners and getting penalties but overall I’m very pleased with the race

Attachments

VBR Mael

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 4, 2019

Lap: 1.41.913 Position: P3

(I participated to 2st race of test)

Best Lap in race: 1.46.028

I start in p3 (bad 2nd sector). from the first lap to the fifth i stay behind the two drivers to not loose time to overtake them. i pit in lap 5 because i start to loose time i try to do the undercut and i exit 5. one lap after IS Leclerc ( one of two drivers in front of me when i pit) he pit and exit just in front me, in lap 7 i overtake him, after that i lead the race to the lap 20, he overtake me my tyres was done i finish the race p3. (my unique difficult was to be fast with used tyre) second race of test.

Status
Not open for further replies.