XB1 Main - AOR XB1 F1 2019 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 18 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Main AOR XB1 F1 2019 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 18

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18
XB1 - Main Evaluation Race Thread

This is 3rd and final step of the sign-up process. This step needs to be done by all drivers. This thread is for drivers signing up to the Main Leagues.

Before registering for an evaluation race, make sure you have signed up to the league in the sign-up thread (step 1).

The evaluation races will be hosted on 6 days from Friday 26th July - Sunday 28th July and Friday 2nd August - Sunday 4th August. You only need to participate in one of the races.

Intro:
The pre-season evaluation races are being arranged for a few reasons:

● It will work as an additional means to help us judge the league placement for new drivers, by allowing us to see how you perform on race pace over a 50% distance race.
● It will give us a taste of your race craft and ability to race cleanly and stay out of trouble, and ensure that all drivers have some experience of organised online racing.
● It will show us that you are properly committed to taking part in the upcoming league season, and allow us to weed out potential inactive sign-ups before the season has started.

How to take part:
Below you can find links to a race thread for each of the evaluation race nights. Enter the thread of the race day that suits you the most, and sign up there by replying with your XB1 Gamertag. It is possible to set up multiple lobbies per evaluation race day if necessary.

If you for some reason are unable to attend all of these race nights, due to reasons out of your control, then leave a message in this thread to let us know. Drivers who fail to attend any of the races, without informing us with a good reason, will not be included in the league placements.

Evaluation Race #1 - Friday 26th July
Evaluation Race #2 - Saturday 27th July
Evaluation Race #3 - Sunday 28th July
Evaluation Race #4 - Friday 2nd August
Evaluation Race #5 - Saturday 3rd August
Evaluation Race #6 - Sunday 4th August

More information about the races can be found within the individual race threads.

Post-race reporting:

After you have finished your race, you will need to make a post in this thread with the following information:

Race Director Images:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take screenshots (or make a recording) of your lap times in the race director screen, and upload your pictures here. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.

Race Report:
Qualifying Position:
Qualifying Time:
Finishing Position:
Other notes: [Add anything of note that may have affected your lap times during the race, such as incidents, mistakes, penalties, lengthy battles, etc.]

Practical info regarding screenshots:

How to take a screenshot:
PS4: Press and hold down the 'SHARE' button until a notification pops up. Alternatively, press the 'SHARE' button and then press 'TRIANGLE' to save a screenshot.
XB1: Press the home button and then Y.
PC: Press F12 (unless you changed that hotkey in your Steam settings).

How to add a screenshot to your post:
You can upload images directly to your post as an attachment by clicking the "ATTACH FILES" button underneath the text box, and then selecting the images from the folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can upload your image to an external image hosting site (such as imgur, dropbox, google drive etc) and add the URL using the "Insert image" button above the text box, and then using the "By URL" option.

Example Screenshots:

TeakQuickshare

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
@BosslyGaming I won't be able to attend any of the races because I'm away on holiday from 20/7 to 6/08, just wanted to let you know. Is there something else I have to do?

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
@BosslyGaming I won't be able to attend any of the races because I'm away on holiday from 20/7 to 6/08, just wanted to let you know. Is there something else I have to do?
Just do your TTs. You may not get priority on a full time seat, but that's no guarantee.

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
So I might have to be a reserve because you have put the signups during holiday season? Or have I misunderstood?
There's a chance. You've let us know so the chance is lower, but if we were tight for spaces yes there is a chance.

TeakQuickshare

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
There's a chance. You've let us know so the chance is lower, but if we were tight for spaces yes there is a chance.
That sucks, I cant be the only one in this position. Would it make a difference to do a offline GP or online lobby with a friend and post those times? considering I have raced in AOR for 5 seasons or is there nothing I can do?

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
That sucks, I cant be the only one in this position. Would it make a difference to do a offline GP or online lobby with a friend and post those times? considering I have raced in AOR for 5 seasons or is there nothing I can do?
If you're willing to do that (make sure the lobby settings are 100% correct, I'd want to see a picture of them) then I could let that be an option. It will have to be online to be sure though.

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017

Qualifying Position: 2nd
Qualifying Time: 1:27.840
Finishing Position:
2nd
Other notes:
Mostly unaffected race, had a couple of minor mistakes and may have lost a little bit of time with a short battle with @Aaron dazzler after he spun, but apart from that I was happy with my pace

Aaron dazzler

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2018
● Race Report:
Qualifying Position: P5 No time. Didn’t get a lap in as I had a issue with my paddle shifter causing me to double down shift and I therefore lost the rear end
Qualifying Time: N/A but on hard tyre in session I was 8 tenths up on a 29.4 set by someone else but backed off in last sector as I didn’t want to set a lap on those tyres.
Finishing Position: P3
Other notes: My wheel started playing up again (had this issue before but thought I had fixed it) in quali i then restarted it for the race hoping it would fix but evidently it didn’t. In the race it mostly happened at two corners which were turn 3 and second to last corner so it didn’t affect me too much. I got up to p2 by lap 2 so wasn’t affected to much by others. My times were ok throughout the race I was a little conservative knowing I had an issue. On lap 23 I had a big spin mid corner at turn 3 down to my issue therefore costing me a lot of time. Unfortunately this race hasn’t gone how I hoped however hopefully fastest lap shows what I can do. My wheel will be fixed in time for start of the season

Attachments

Last edited:

ShazooOverkillZ

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Qualifying position: P7
Qualifying time: 1:28.868
Finishing position: P4
Other Notes: I ruined my medium lap so i started on 20% worn hards which ruined my strategy and basically my pace the whole first stint. I had to pit early for medius as well so my wear on both tyres reached around 70% (barely could keep the car facing the right way). The last lap was a 1:31.416 as well

SSR Boberts

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Qualifying Position: P4
Qualifying Time: 1:28.372 :unsure: (completely bottled it, I have done 1:27.4’s and 1:27.5’s)
Finishing Position: Crossed the line P1 but stop-go penalty dropped me to P2 (n)
Other Notes: Got into P3 immediately, had a small battle with WOR Clonetroop who I hit off, (sorry about that) but let him hack through again. Got into P2 by lap 4. Made a mistake at turns 9 + 10 which gave me more tyre wear so my medium tyre pace was a little slower than it should be. I was lapping similar if not ever so slightly quicker than Itz NicoIe in front of me until the pit stop. Caught up to Nicole on the hard tyres by lap 21 before making a mistake on lap 22. Caught her up again until we battled, ended up being ahead for the last 2/3 laps. Two of my warnings were for track limits.

scotthaysom

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2018
Qualifying Position: 5
Qualifying Time: 1:28.716 (Setup was dreadful and only got 1 run)
Finishing Position: 5
Other notes: Collision on lap 16 which cost 10 seconds. (Would have been fighting for 3rd if hadn't happened)
Setup was unbelievably oversteery

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Qualifying position: 15th
Qualifying time: 1:30.061 (mediums)
Finishing position: 14th
Other notes: Everything was a struggle tonight. I had a great start to go from back row on the grid to 11th into T4, most of those positions being won by finding a clear path through T1/2. I ran there for about a lap before I spun out of T2/3 of my own accord on Lap 3 and then it was pretty much a time trial session as I was plum last by a big distance. I had no battles with anyone but several more spins. I was lapped so there's no 29th lap. I was severely disappointed in the performance I turned in today.

S18_Eval_Bahrain_Quali.png

S18_Eval_Bahrain_Race-1-14.png

S18_Eval_Bahrain_Race_15-28.png