The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
AOR XB1 F1 League - Season 12
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the XB1 F1 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @Ycoms @Finch
Lobby Host: @RaikoGordon24
Backup host(s): TBD

Drivers and Teams:

Mercedes
1. #23 @Jack - CRL Hamilton - British
2. #40 @TRL Martin - TRL Martin - British

Ferrari
1. @Finch - AOR Raikkonen - British
2. #18 @I Jason97F1 I - I Jason97F1 I - British

Red Bull
1. #72 @HCR Cupid - HCR Cupid - British
2. @StreeZ - RC Streez - French

Williams
1. #99 @TheFlyingFinn08 - TheFlyingFinn08 - Turkish
2. #46 @Sonuc T Saltunc - STSF1 Alonso14 - British

Force India
1. #4 @Ycoms - Ycoms - Swiss
2. #97 @Stoo - Stoo - British

McLaren
1. #96 @George - Franglish - British
2. #24 @RaikoGordon24 - RS Falken - French

Toro Rosso
1. #79 @Leoobot - Leoobot - Swedish
2. #16 @AndreBCF1997 - AndreBCF1997 - Italian

Haas
1. #70 @TRL Limitless - TRL Limitless - British
2. #38 @LuckyDog2000 - LuckyDog2000Now - American

Renault
1. #28 @Burnout F1 - Burnout F1 - British
2. #2 @Seiyariu - Seiyariu - British

Sauber
1. #63 @iR3versal - AOR Reversal - Welsh
2. @MikeMarshmallow - MikeMarshmallow - British

Manor
1. #10 @Snowyyy - SB Snowyy - South African
2. @JTabbs527 - Sickskills527 - American

Reserves
1. @Gio - IRL Giovinazzi - British
2. @Maurizio - Maurizio Alonso - German
3. @James williams - TRL Williams - British

Last edited by a moderator:

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Great to see this league taking shape, but I just have a request regarding the calender. So from what I'm gathering, the first race of the season will start THIS Sunday? Personally for me I would prefer a 'Pre Season' race to take place and to delay the Melbourne race until next week.

For sure people are itching to go ahead since other leagues have already started, but I feel we can learn a lot from doing the pre season race, looking at an ideal host and the quality of racing. Short term it maybe annoying if people have already practiced but I feel it would be a waste to just guess a host for sunday and to find ourselves racing lagging cars and ghost cars like we've seen in socials. I feel we'll be taking a lot of risks going guns blazing especially when we have a 22 man grid on the XB1.

This just highlights there are issues with connection on this console.

Last edited:

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Great to see this league taking shape, but I just have a request regarding the calender. So from what I'm gathering, the first race of the season will start THIS Sunday? Personally for me I would prefer a 'Pre Season' race to take place and to delay the Melbourne race until next week.

For sure people are itching to go ahead since other leagues have already started, but I feel we can learn a lot from doing the pre season race, looking at an ideal host and the quality of racing. Short term it maybe annoying if people have already practiced but I feel it would be a waste to just guess a host for sunday and to find ourselves racing lagging cars and ghost cars like we've seen in socials. I feel we'll be taking a lot of risks going guns blazing especially when we have a 22 man grid on the XB1.

Completely agree. The fact that tiers have been chosen 5 days before the first race it's not enough imo, considering we have to test our connections, choose the host, decide wether we are gonna use the SC or not etc.
Personally, I would delay the start of the leagues by a couple of week (but starting the next one's is also fine) and remove the teo weeks break after the third round :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jthorn97

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Making such a drastic decision to delay the season by a few weeks is not going to happen(even though I'd love to since I'm going to miss the first race :( ). We're talking about almost 300 people affected by this.

I'll let the Xbox @F1 Coordinators respond to the rest of the concerns :)

• Agree
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

Completely agree. The fact that tiers have been chosen 5 days before the first race it's not enough imo, considering we have to test our connections, choose the host, decide wether we are gonna use the SC or not etc.
Personally, I would delay the start of the leagues by a couple of week (but starting the next one's is also fine) and remove the teo weeks break after the third round :)
Ultimately we've started multiple leagues on other games without pre-season races. Sign-ups went out a couple of weeks ago, so the ping/speed test results are still pretty relevent. We'll have a look back through them to look for people with a good enough connection to host.

If not, then we can always change it after race 1.

Plus, if you're so concerned about it, ask in your tier if people want to do a social race/connection test night before the league race.

• Agree
Reactions: Ycoms

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I can only fully agree with Jthorn and Stevie. Yes, round 1 is very close, but it's not like it's the first time AOR has done this and we can use this week to sort out a good host for the Sunday. I'm aware that we have to deal with a lign-up which is pretty much spread across Europe (also one American in here) and that we have to adjust the host especially to those who have a difficult connection to anyone else (or vice-versa).

I went through the sign-ups yesterday night to see which connections are worth testing as a host, I'm considering @Sonuc T Saltunc (91 down, 12 up, 15 ping) or @I Jason97F1 I (51 down, 9 up, 15 ping)(if that's ok with you guys). What I'd like to do is setting up 2 socials in the next couple of days, one being hosted by Sonuc, the other one by Jason (I'd need to know which days would suit you best) and would advise that as many of us as possible to take part in these (obviously we'll have drivers in from other tiers as well), this goes especially to those with a weaker connection (@DizzyCupid 519 @LuckyDog2000 mainly as far as I'm aware). I'll participate in these races as well if I can. Then we can gather the feedback from the races and sort out the best host for Australia. I hope that sounds like a plan.

Last edited:

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
1) so what if the possibility that i am not available to race in these socials?
2) i am now running off a mobile data and hotspot set up for the league races, this means i am getting 30 download and 10 upload. I ran that set up in evaluation race 2 and my connection was fine!

Ycoms

Mar 4, 2015
1) so what if the possibility that i am not available to race in these socials?
2) i am now running off a mobile data and hotspot set up for the league races, this means i am getting 30 download and 10 upload. I ran that set up in evaluation race 2 and my connection was fine!
1) It's not mandatory ofc, it'd make things easier though if we find good days. On which days would you be able to participate? Maybe we can combine that with the days Sonuc and Jason will post.
2) That's good to hear, hopefully that changes a lot when it comes to the Sunday. Would it be possible to test that connection in the social as well?

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
1) It's not mandatory ofc, it'd make things easier though if we find good days. On which days would you be able to participate? Maybe we can combine that with the days Sonuc and Jason will post.
2) That's good to hear, hopefully that changes a lot when it comes to the Sunday. Would it be possible to test that connection in the social as well?
I tested it in the 2nd evaluation race and proved it worked well. I want to avoid running my mobile data out side of a league race because i dont want to go over on my data plan then have to pay a load of money

• Informative

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
remove the teo weeks break after the third round :)
Just want to point out that those two early break weeks are there only because otherwise the races would clash with the real life Mexican GP & US GP which take place in the evening due to the time zone difference, so removing them isn't an option unless all 200+ drivers in the leagues are fine with not watching the real life races!

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
I'll set up a social for Thursday if everyone is okay with that, @I Jason97F1 I are you free to race and host? It's probably the best bet I guess if it was the case in previous seasons. I do feel its essential to have preparation especially when the quality of the game online on the XB1 has been poor and inconsistent at times

Last edited:

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
IMO I think we would do a pre season (test race) this weekend instead of the actual first round, as that's been the norm for most of the seasons I've participated in.

This will help identify any issues with the game, host or connections during the lobby and giving the opportunity for all of us to race with each other first. Just thought this would be a good idea before going straight into the season and being most people would be available at this time.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Guys you should drop it, we're not moving 13 leagues back a few days before the season because some of you want an extra week.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Guys you should drop it, we're not moving 13 leagues back a few days before the season because some of you want an extra week.
We've just agreed to do a social if you were to read above, I was just posting my concerns not demands but that's cool you do you (y)

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
We've just agreed to do a social if you were to read above, I was just posting my concerns not demands but that's cool you do you (y)
it wasn't just you who was posting about pushing it back, just 1 post above mine is someone else suggesting the same thing. I'm glad you guys are doing the social race to work this out, believe it or not some of us wanted to start last weekend but we ran out of time.

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I'll set up a social for Thursday if everyone is okay with that, @I Jason97F1 I are you free to race and host? It's probably the best bet I guess if it was the case in previous seasons. I do feel its essential to have preparation especially when the quality of the game online on the XB1 has been poor and inconsistent at times
About this hosting thing, I was planning on livestreaming the races so err yeah :/ I don't know where sonuc lives but if it's in Britain or France we should test him as host before Sunday, if he can't attend any socials to test it I can host if necessary but my upload speed is half what it was when I hosted S9 and S10 races so that's something to keep in mind.

• Informative
Reactions: The Genius

Ycoms

Mar 4, 2015
About this hosting thing, I was planning on livestreaming the races so err yeah :/ I don't know where sonuc lives but if it's in Britain or France we should test him as host before Sunday, if he can't attend any socials to test it I can host if necessary but my upload speed is half what it was when I hosted S9 and S10 races so that's something to keep in mind.
Alright, I'll message him on Xbox to see if he's up for the Thursday to host. ;)

Reactions: The Genius