The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Driver update:

@Gio will be your new reserve driver.

@Ycoms will be your coordinator, ask him questions.:)

Reactions: Gio

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any news on the 1.8 update? Are we going to run it immediately?
Positive feedback from the PC drivers so far. Seems like the patch hasn't introduced any other bugs and has done its job so I imagine as soon as it's available for consoles, we'll be running with it. Option tyres will no longer be neglected.

Reactions: AOR Reversal

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Positive feedback from the PC drivers so far. Seems like the patch hasn't introduced any other bugs and has done its job so I imagine as soon as it's available for consoles, we'll be running with it. Option tyres will no longer be neglected.
Hello, I allow myself to barge in. There's a minor bug coming with the patch, that drops the framerate when choosing your race setup and when the race starts, but other than that, nothing :)

• Informative
Reactions: AOR Perez

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
For next season, can we please have the Safety Car. It's boring when you're on your own and there's involved and racing will be more competitive. Without the safety, the races are dead. Every other tier has it, why not us. Every league has it and they don't have issues. Just something we all want
Would be interesting to see how different the driver's championship in this league would look if the safety car was being run

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Would be interesting to see how different the driver's championship in this league would look if the safety car was being run
For me I'd love it to be included but I totally understand why people don't want it on

Reactions: DON SILVA

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
For me I'd love it to be included but I totally understand why people don't want it on
We run it in all the Playstation leagues and it's worked well. Yeah there will be times where the timing kills you but it's good for giving the victims of lap 1 incidents a second chance.

• Agree
Reactions: Finch

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Maybe we could do a revote @Ycoms ?
I guess there's gonna be a revote anyway for all tiers next season I reckon?

And it's not the case that "every tier" runs it except us, there are a few others who don't use it. Not entirely sure if Codies did anything better to it in 1.8, haven't run it since a couple of months. What I don't like is that you can abuse the delta in VSC and from my knowledge there's still huge inconsistency on which drivers get delta's during the SC phase while catching up or not, especially when people pit which is technically not allowed but still possible in the game which causes issues and unfairness in the delta once someone does it. For me still a huge gamble and could cause more frustrations than anything else. But ye, personal opinion. :p

• Agree
Reactions: Seiyariu

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I guess there's gonna be a revote anyway for all tiers next season I reckon?

And it's not the case that "every tier" runs it except us, there are a few others who don't use it. Not entirely sure if Codies did anything better to it in 1.8, haven't run it since a couple of months. What I don't like is that you can abuse the delta in VSC and from my knowledge there's still huge inconsistency on which drivers get delta's during the SC phase while catching up or not, especially when people pit which is technically not allowed but still possible in the game which causes issues and unfairness in the delta once someone does it. For me still a huge gamble and could cause more frustrations than anything else. But ye, personal opinion. :p
These issues are not as bad as the tire wear glitch imo XD

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Perez

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
These issues are not as bad as the tire wear glitch imo XD
But unlike the tyre glitch we have a setting to turn the safety car off. If we had a setting to turn the tyre wear glitch off i sure it would of been set to off XD
Put your balls back between your legs and man up and get on with the rest of the season

• Funny
Reactions: Finch