XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Main Thread

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I'm gonna say this again and I hope people see this, it doesn't matter if you missed a lap, you won't gain anything from it. I hope you guys realize the AI settings are on Legend, LEGEND!. It's not like it's on Ultimate. The Legend AI is slower than the rest of the field in tier 1, nothing is being gained. It's too harsh imo to take the win away from @matt212

Stoo

F1 2nd Driver
Jul 3, 2015
True, but the game has a glitch where it boots you out the game and says "disconnected from Xbox Live" when you haven't, and you're still in party chat with your mates xD

The glitch is so random, you never know when its gonna happen and its unrelated to your internet connection. @TRL Martin had this in Monaco, last Sunday :/
its not really a glitch. I think it's just the wording used for when someone disconnects from the session I think. God knows why they've decided to say that you've disconnected from Xbox live but I haven't seen a "disconnected from the session" notification on this game yet, like what it used to say on the older games so I'm pretty confident just the exact same thing but worded in that weird ass way xD

• Informative
Reactions: TheFlyingFinn08

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
On previous games if you Dsc'd them you got a DNF, and tbh if that happened I wouldn't complain. For 10+ seasons it's been that way, I think if you dsc then it's just unlucky. Just suck it up and accept it. In Matt's case, should be awarded 7th? The last lap he completed at 38 should be the last one that counted, can't just give him the win when he didn't win, essentially he DNF'd.

• Agree
Reactions: Seiyariu

Seiyariu

AOR XB1 F1 Commentator
Jun 23, 2014
On previous games if you Dsc'd them you got a DNF, and tbh if that happened I wouldn't complain. For 10+ seasons it's been that way, I think if you dsc then it's just unlucky. Just suck it up and accept it. In Matt's case, should be awarded 7th? The last lap he completed at 38 should be the last one that counted, can't just give him the win when he didn't win, essentially he DNF'd.
If you don't finish the race under your own steam you shouldn't be awarded the place where you *might've* finished

TheFlyingFinn08

4-time AOR XB1 F1 Champion
Aug 23, 2016
I don't think you guys understand what i've been trying to say ffs :D

Why are the results given different when someone disconnects on the last lap compared to when someone disconnects mid-race??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In both cases; yes "you're not driving" so why is someone given +1 Lap when disconnected on the last lap, but nothing is added onto to someone who might have disconnected mid-race, joined back after 1/2/3 Lap(s)

I understand the current rules, and i understand that finishing results shouldnt be given to someone who didnt finish the race, but it makes absolutely no sense to treat it differently to someone disconnecting mid-race, him not driving for a few laps, then rejoining and finishing the race, with the results not being changed like it would when someone disconnects on the last lap.

This is what I dont get. This new 'AI driving feature' was introduced to use when someone disconnects, and it has no different effect if someone disconnected mid-race or last lap.

I'm 100% sure that everyone would be pissed off if a certain driver disconnected 3-4 times mid-race, joined back, and was classified ahead of someone that disconnected once, being on the last lap, just saying..
Imagine someone disconnecting 3-4 times getting classified ahead of a driver who is miles ahead, disconnecting with 4-5 corners to go..

Decisions and results shouldn't be given differently because of someone disconnecting at a different time..

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

Seiyariu

AOR XB1 F1 Commentator
Jun 23, 2014
I don't think you guys understand what i've been trying to say ffs :D

Why are the results given different when someone disconnects on the last lap compared to when someone disconnects mid-race??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In both cases; yes "you're not driving" so why is someone given +1 Lap when disconnected on the last lap, but nothing is added onto to someone who might have disconnected mid-race, joined back after 1/2/3 Lap(s)

I understand the current rules, and i understand that finishing results shouldnt be given to someone who didnt finish the race, but it makes absolutely no sense to treat it differently to someone disconnecting mid-race, him not driving for a few laps, then rejoining and finishing the race, with the results not being changed like it would when someone disconnects on the last lap.

This is what I dont get. This new 'AI driving feature' was introduced to use when someone disconnects, and it has no different effect if someone disconnected mid-race or last lap.

I'm 100% sure that everyone would be pissed off if a certain driver disconnected 3-4 times mid-race, joined back, and was classified ahead of someone that disconnected once, being on the last lap, just saying..
Imagine someone disconnecting 3-4 times getting classified ahead of a driver who is miles ahead, disconnecting with 4-5 corners to go..

Decisions and results shouldn't be given differently because of someone disconnecting at a different time..

I hope that makes sense, cheers.
Well the difference is that they finished the race under their own steam. The only real difference is that if you have an AI driving for you for you it removes the possibility of you crashing, which could have happened in Matt's case in the final few corners, whereas if you rejoin, your penalty is that you've lost time but you still have to drive it to the end yourself

Stoo

F1 2nd Driver
Jul 3, 2015
Why do I get the strongest feeling ever we've discussed this exact subject extensively before? Oh that's because we have. If nothing changed regarding rules, why will it this time? Seems to me like these arguments are walking lonely into the wilderness.

• Agree
Reactions: Seiyariu

TheFlyingFinn08

Aug 23, 2016
Well the difference is that they finished the race under their own steam. The only real difference is that if you have an AI driving for you for you it removes the possibility of you crashing, which could have happened in Matt's case in the final few corners, whereas if you rejoin, your penalty is that you've lost time but you still have to drive it to the end yourself
"The only real difference is that if you have an AI driving for you for you it removes the possibility of you crashing, which could have happened in Matt's case in the final few corners"

True, but the AI is also driving for you when you disconnect mid-race? You could have also crashed at the period when the AI is driving for you, mid-race, its not just the last lap. xD This is why im saying that its no different when you disconnect mid race or last lap :)

TheFlyingFinn08

Aug 23, 2016
Why do I get the strongest feeling ever we've discussed this exact subject extensively before? Oh that's because we have. If nothing changed regarding rules, why will it this time? Seems to me like these arguments are walking lonely into the wilderness.
Because all of us (i hope so, anyway) dont wanna win or lose a race because of disconnecting on the last lap... We have the opportunity here, to all come together and make a decision that's gonna keep it very fair. It feels like some people here don't want that. :D

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Driver update:

@CRL Rosberg sadly have to leave us due to issues but do not worry @Finch will replace him from GP2.

@Ycoms use him well.:stig:

Reactions: Ycoms

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Just a heads up that I will be away from the 16th of December to the 14th of January so I will miss the races immediatly before and ifter the Christmas break (Silverstone and Budapest). Will be back for Germany (y)

• Informative
Reactions: Ycoms

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Quick info: @CRL Rosberg will rejoin the league as a reserve driver as his connection has been fixed/seems to be better in the last couple of weeks and we trust him in that statement. :)

Reactions: CRL Rosberg

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hey guys,

In response to certain events and "discoveries" made surrounding last week's race in Austria, we'd like to make a comment on the so-called "tyre wear glitch" that has popped into light.

Some of you might have been aware of this for some time, while for others it's new information, but basically there is an apparent glitch/bug within the F1 2016 game that affects the severity your tyre wear throughout the race based on which tyre compound you started the race on. So for example, if you start a race on the Ultrasoft tyres and switch onto the Soft tyres later, your tyre wear on those Soft tyres will be a bit higher than if you started the race on the Supersoft tyres before switching to the Softs. In other words, the harder tyre compound you start the race on, the lower tyre wear you will have on all of your tyre stints later in the race.

The severity of the glitch varies from track to track depending on how demanding it is on the tyres, and also which tyre compounds are available. So while it has presumably been in play all season, it became more noticeable than usual in Austria due to it being a very demanding track for tyre wear, while also offering the least durable tyre compounds to use.

Obviously this is a really stupid glitch, but it is what it is and there's nothing we can really do about it. Codies are aware of it via this thread on their forum where they have acknowledged that they're looking into it, and although we can always hope, it's looking rather unlikely that it will actually get fixed, so as it stands we'll just have to get on with it. If you want more detailed info about this then looking through that thread could be a good idea, and @Seiyariu also uploaded a video here which demonstrates it.

We have seen it suggested that we should force all drivers to start the race on the softest tyre compound due to this, however this would essentially remove tyre strategy from the races, and that's something we don't really want to do as it stands. The way we see it, as drivers we are all on equal terms to decide which tyre compound we want to start the race on, and how to strategically approach qualifying in order to achieve this. We are basically faced with a choice of prioritising grid position over tyre wear, or vice versa. And which of these choices is most beneficial might differ from track to track, so it's up each of us to make that determination ourselves.

This is also why we find it so important to make this thread, to make sure all drivers are aware of this and have the same information with which to decide how to tactically approach qualifying and races going forward. We hope in enlightening you all about this, it will feel like a more fair 'playing ground', rather than having someone accuse others of benefitting from a glitch they weren't aware of. So now that you're all aware of it, it's your own choice how you want to "use" it.

PS: Note that we are going to make one rule addition related to this situation, which is to ban wet weather tyres (intermediates/wets) to be used in qualifying when the track is clearly dry. We saw some drivers do this last week, and not only does this look ridiculous, but it can also be dangerous for cars on dry tyres to have other cars on track running hot laps at a much slower pace. This addition has been added to the league rules under the section about tyre rules (2.5.6).

Thanks for reading, and good luck in the coming races.

Reactions: JTabbs527 and Ycoms

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
Would it be an idea to force your qauly tyre as your race start tyre? So if you get p11 on softs you have to start on softs. So you you cant be op and put on hards and destroy the everyone else

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Would it be an idea to force your qauly tyre as your race start tyre? So if you get p11 on softs you have to start on softs. So you you cant be op and put on hards and destroy the everyone else
but that completely kills the strategy element. I have a complicated workaround to this problem but I'd rather stick to the current format since it's the driver's choice.

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
I want to join a league in January, what league is best for me to join?? I've had plenty of experience with simulators so I'm not new to this sorta thing

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
I want to join a league in January, what league is best for me to join?? I've had plenty of experience with simulators so I'm not new to this sorta thing
well I'd say one that has free spots.. from what I've seen the rookie league has some, might not be the ideal place to start but I believe there will be abother TT event for S13 to put you in something more appropriate.

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
well I'd say one that has free spots.. from what I've seen the rookie league has some, might not be the ideal place to start but I believe there will be abother TT event for S13 to put you in something more appropriate.
If there is a free spot in January, then I will join cheers mate