Mar 4, 2015
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th December 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no-shows:
- @George
- @RaikoGordon24

Last edited:
Reactions: Finch

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Just a quick heads up: @AndreBCF1997 will host tonight (got the best connection atm) and @CRL Rosberg will jump back in as a reserve. Have fun, let's make this one a good one before the Christmas break. :)

Reactions: CRL Rosberg

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
The driving standards just isn't good enough lads.

No one ever seems to be cautious on lap one, despite the contact model and connectivity of this game. This league is meant to be represented as the top tier in console racing.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015

And now the race report:
Nothing to see here!

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Race Report:

-Qualifying: As always, I decided not to qualify in order to have the tyre wear glitch and to avoid any kind of carnage :p

-Race: P5. I was kinda surprised about it tbf. Managed to pass all the cars involved in crashes, so I found myself up to P12 or so after few laps. All in a sudden, when I asked my Kinect to record, it didn't get my message and it took me in the Dashboard lol, so I lost quite a few seconds, so I got caught up by @I Jason97F1 I . After the pit, I was carrying alone for P6, after @HCR Cupid passed me. Considering I already had two warnings, my aim was not to get another one, because I was told that cars ahead and cars behind, all had penalty. So I decided to drive like a grandma for the last 6/7 laps. That was probably my biggest mistake. Not only @Stoo managed to pass me easily, but I realized (after the race) that Jason actually didn't have any penalty (cheers Jeff). I am happy with P5 though, this is definitely my worst track, (as well as Hockenheim) so grabbing my best result so far around here, has been great for me. Half of the season has gone... To be fair, my season so far has not been what I wanted to be, but because of lack of experience in such a big league, Controller issues in the first 5 races and also a lack of aggression while battling I am where I am. I hope to get better results in the second part of the season, but as for now, a break is all what I really need.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone Merry Christmas and an happy New Year ;)

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Some very poor mistakes from me destroyed my chances of a good result.

Qualifying was once again quite shocking so I lined up 16th after a very poor lap on the mediums.

Then another mistakes came before the race had even started, I accidentally chose the wrong strategy putting me on the soft tyres for the start, eliminating my chances of making 1 stopper which I had planned to do originally.
The soft tyres enable me to make a rocket launch from the get go and a lucky line through the first sequences of corners saw me go from 16th to 7th!
Stayed out until lap 7 and pitted for mediums from 2nd place. Then the second stint went quite nicely, pitted again on lap 16.
Made a terrible decision putting on another set of mediums which had already gone 4 laps in qualifying, in addition to that I destroyed my endplate on the pit exit. So the last stint became a nightmare, halfway through I also had to start saving the tyres a lot in order to not get a puncture towards the end. Annoyed such a bad race came just before the break.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoy xmas and new years! See you all after the break :)

Highlights:

TheFlyingFinn08

4-time AOR XB1 F1 Champion
Aug 23, 2016
I was gonna put a few drivers in the stewards panel tonight but I hate doing those sort of off track antics to gain a position, and i dont truly want anyone to get penalised for it.. All I want is people to read what im about to say..

I know many of you will read this and be like "Yeah but im clean, i never get involved in crashes" but I don't wanna separate anyone here..

All I wanna say is that, I, myself joined AOR knowing that this league involves very clean and fun racing, and im sure thats why you're all here too. But from what i've seen so far, this is sadly not the case, people trying to win the race on lap 1, or even turn 1!! And im not even talking just about Silverstone, although i've barely been involved in collisions, I can still see that from the previous 9 races there have been so many incidents where one driver is not giving the driver that extra space needed to go round a corner together rather than one bouncing off into narnia. People turning into corners like the other car isnt there, ramming people off track, divebombing out of nowhere (I know i have no right to say this because of Baku, but I accepted my stupid mistake and acknowledged it). There are some drivers out there that when i come across them, i'm actually scared to go side by side because they'll either oversteer into me in the traction zones or just understeer into me when going down my inside, i'm talking about moves/contacts that i cannot simply avoid..

This is AOR, not sprint mode.

I know some of you might be thinking im taking this too seriously, but im really not, im actually trying to make sure that when all of you practice week in week out for a race, your race doesnt even in 2 corners, or 5 laps etc... Because thats a proper **** feeling, you lose motivation to play the game after practicing hard in the week only to have your race over in a matter of seconds because of someone else's poor driving.

And this has already happened many times. We've already seen people wanting to stop racing because all their hard work is for absolutely nothing, its like "whats the point".

With this tyre bug, many drivers are starting lower than where they should by using the harder tyre, but this doesnt mean that they should be willing to accept the risk of being mid pack. At the end of the day this is AOR, a league where you expect every single driver to be clean and respectful. And im not gonna lie, when i started P8 last night, i was shitting myself at the start because i knew if someone collided ahead, it'd be almost impossible to avoid. However going into Turn 1, I backed off, and i even told my brother @Sonuc T Saltunc to back off too, and the crash i predicted, happened, which was when two cars were already going sideways at Turn 1!!!!!! (What an absolute joke).. I know that mistakes happen, and people learn from it, but it honestly feels like some people really arent learning from it. Me predicting that crash 2 seconds before it happened shows how much I cant trust some drivers when racing out there, and thats not me picking on a certain driver! There are at least 5-6 drivers out there that everyone else feels the same about!

Lastly, I'm not writing this just because of what happened last night in Silverstone, im writing this because we now have 3-4 weeks to listen to each other and realise that we need to drive much, much cleaner.. I couldn't care less about the current championship standings because I've not had the fun I expected to have from the start of the season. Round 1, 2 and 7 were the only races were I actually got to have a battle with @HCR Cupid @TRL Martin and @StreeZ .. Besides them 3 races, we've not the chance to battle each other mainly because some of our race winning chances would be over on lap 1, sadly.

All I ask, is just to be more cautious from Hungary onwards, and like I said earlier, im not here to cause trouble or anything, otherwise i would have gone straight to the stewards panel. We all want great and competitive racing, but sometimes to have that, you need to be smooth and patient. You can't win the race on lap 1, you can only lose it.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, take care boys.

PS: I cant be asked to tag everyone as I always forget someone, so I don't know if everyone will see this post, but i hope you all do, cheers!

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Great to bounce back with a 4th place after some terrible races!
I was quite lucky though, wayyy too many incidents happening throughout the field which helped massively. Like @TheFlyingFinn08 said, I currently don't trust a lot of drivers when battling, mainly because of lag which can end your race in one moment. Races at the moment feel like a lottery, 2 or 3 people drive off into the distance unchallenged mainly because they didn't have any incidents starting at the front. Meanwhile, the rest of us are relying half on luck to get a good result. Couple this with the tyre glitch and it really doesn't look great.
On a more positive note, the next race in Hungary will be my 100th in the AOR F1 leagues (Not just in the top tier obviously) where, coincidentally, I also competed in my first race almost 4 years ago! Hungary has always been one of my stronger tracks so hopefully I can do well.
Merry Christmas to everyone and I'll see you all in the new year :)

Highlights:

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Great to bounce back with a 4th place after some terrible races!
I was quite lucky though, wayyy too many incidents happening throughout the field which helped massively. Like @TheFlyingFinn08 said, I currently don't trust a lot of drivers when battling, mainly because of lag which can end your race in one moment. Races at the moment feel like a lottery, 2 or 3 people drive off into the distance unchallenged mainly because they didn't have any incidents starting at the front. Meanwhile, the rest of us are relying half on luck to get a good result. Couple this with the tyre glitch and it really doesn't look great.
On a more positive note, the next race in Hungary will be my 100th in the AOR F1 leagues (Not just in the top tier obviously) where, coincidentally, I also competed in my first race almost 4 years ago! Hungary has always been one of my stronger tracks so hopefully I can do well.
Merry Christmas to everyone and I'll see you all in the new year :)

Highlights:
Yeah I apologise for our incident and I'm sorry it ruined @Burnout F1 race was very uncharacteristic from myself in 90 races I'd only ever have 3 DNF and about 2 incidents yet I've had 2 DNF's and 1 incident already I think this break was needed for myself sorry again.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
I agree with pretty much everything what Finn says. It doesn't help when the game is honestly one of the worst for competitive online racing, worse then 11/12/13/14 imo. For sure its improved in realism with handling and contact model but slipstream, tyre glitch which leads to little parity between cars and drivers, connection is **** for xbox. But driving standards have not been great, probably due to the fact little incentive to battle through corners on this game when you can just destroy others on the straight with drs. Hope the second half of the season provides cleaner and close battles throughout the entirety of a race.

P1 at Silverstone was a great feeling after the worst spell I've had in any league on any game, felt like leaving tbh lol. Qualifying lap was not brilliant but thankfully good enough for a good starting position to avoid the mayhem. Race was pretty much spot on, bit of luck of course which gave us a gap, so I could just drive consistently and at around 80-90% on the limit as I had no idea how the hards were on degradation plus I didn't want any penalties for cutting haha.

Hungary next, special track for me winning twice in two meetings here, gunning for 3/3 but I know Cupid, Finn and seiyariu will be fast, hope we can fight it out on track for the full race. See you guys soon and I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy 2017!!

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
I'd like to say a few things about collisions in this league quickly.

Firstly, the contact model. It was pointed out even before the league started, most notably @TRL Limitless and he even hadn't hesitations about it before. If anything with it being so realistic, it increases incidents, making it seem a lot worse compared to previous seasons when it's not actually that bad given the system.

Secondondly I'd like to talk about the drivers. Not counting S11 and 1 of course, am I right in saying that this is one of the most inexperienced leagues of the entire of AOR F1. Even myself only having raced here for about 15 races in S9. Now that's not me calling anyone out for causing incidents, but with so many new comers, including myself, that again is bound to raise the amount of incidents. It takes time to begin thinking twice about a move. Yes I'm aware that most of us have been league racing in other leagues for a while, but imo AOR is a step above anything else.

Thirdly, and most importantly, this league is SO EVEN its ridiculous. Qualifying this season has been insanely close, even from 4th to 16th on Sunday was 6 tenths. With so many so close together, and a bigger grid than ever, we have more drivers in a smaller space, and therefore more incidents.

Not saying this season has been clean, far from it, but seeing as people's only comparison has been previous seasons, there's so many more factors to consider which make this season so different, and contribute to more incidents. I don't think this league is dirty at all.