Mar 4, 2015
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

No-shows:

- @Ycoms

Last edited:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Whoever sent @Burnout F1 into a half spin I could not avoit hitting, I hope you die a slow and painful death. You ruined my race (and Burnout's actually) :rage: Also, I would like for the one who caused carnage at le combes on lap 2 to denounce himslef. Maybe @TRL Limitless has an idea as I saw he was a victim of that as well. Anyway, after a solid quilifying which had me looking forward to the race, I have an awful race full of bad luck and mistakes and a hard crash at Pouhon right in front of Jason. Hoping for better in Monza...:(

• Funny
Reactions: AOR Perez

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Whoever sent @Burnout F1 into a half spin I could not avoit hitting, I hope you die a slow and painful death. You ruined my race (and Burnout's actually) :rage: Also, I would like for the one who caused carnage at le combes on lap 2 to denounce himslef. Maybe @TRL Limitless has an idea as I saw he was a victim of that as well. Anyway, after a solid quilifying which had me looking forward to the race, I have an awful race full of bad luck and mistakes and a hard crash at Pouhon right in front of Jason. Hoping for better in Monza...:(
That looked like a painful crash lol, I was so close to being wiped out :D

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
Race report.
Qualy: P3. My pb on softs by a few hundredths, very happy with it.
Race: P5. I was actually leading into les Combes but then completely 2014 Vettel'd it and went straight on and dropped down to 4th having let the leaders back through. A few mistakes on slicks when it was wet ruined my pitstop and others behind me and I dropped down to P8 on inters. Managed to get back up into P5 pretty quickly and then decided to pit for another set on Lap 13. I knew I couldn't 1 stop so gg to @Finch and @Seiyariu who managed to do it. In the dying laps I managed to get back up into 5th and that's where I stayed. I'm not gunna sit here and say "could of" "should of", just gunna take it as a good result and a consolidation of P5 in the championship and move on to my favourite track on the calendar. See you all in the home of the Tifosi!

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Happy to finally have a decent race after switching to the wheel. During the opening laps I had some very close calls but managed to survive and after the first pit stop I think I was 5th or 6th. Probably didn't have the absolute best pace but I managed to keep it quite consistent, happy about that as I barely couldn't do a corner in the rain on the wheel without spinning off a month ago, probably helped actually for the first completing a full race distance on the wheel the night before :p
Also suprised I had such good tyre where in the race as I saw some others having issues, I actually never even though about making a second stop.
This race definitley boosted my motivation so hopefully I can keep grinding the wheel.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Mixed emotions after that one. It was a fun race for sure, tricky conditions especially at the start. The final few laps with the battling with Seiyariu and Finn was immense. Clean, hard but fair.

Qualifying: Very poor. Didn't do much running throughout the week but was familiar of the track from putting in countless laps on the beta xD PB on softs was a 45.6 without slipstream, actual lap was a 46.3. Just not good enough to be that much off your pb but P5 was a solid starting position. Surprised no one risked SS, since its rained very early then stated in the info for the past two races.

Race: Pulled to the left and braked cautiously but got punted from behind by Streez I think. Managed to claw back the positions lost after a do or die outside pass on franglish, appreciate the space he left on the left. First few laps were a lot of fun but painfully slow, had frame rate issues again and a bit of battling which allowed Dizzy to run away. Forced onto inters after a few laps, the bus stop incidents were hilariously similar to the 2010 race watching 2-3 cars just go straight on under braking. Pitstop phrase was truly bizarre, car was locked at 33mph, holding up 5 cars. Lost a lot of time to Finn and Dizzy but 2.0 stop allowed me to jump to the front of the queue of car exiting by a mile into P3

Pace on the inters was competitive to the leaders but lacked consistently since it was my first adventure on inters, similar to Germany just didn't practice enough and you need to in league like this. Pitted for another set of inters and found myself in 3 car scrap for P2 with a one stopping seiyariu. It was probably the most fun I've had this season even if it was 2 laps long, just the intensity and close proximity between cars. It kinda sucked I had 2 penalties for cutting eau rouge as it cemented a maximum result of p4. Managed to pass both cars down the kemmel straight with the slipstream, probably my best overtake in terms of satisfaction going 3 abreast in the wet.

Result not ideal, championship is over imo. But not that disheartened, past few races for me have been a lot of fun.
Monza can jog on.

See you next week :)

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Qualy: Qualy ban lol
Race: Pretty decent. 19th to 9th which might change due to penalties but it feels good to score points again. Didn't have the pace at all during the race and I wa s getting held up a dot for the first 10 laps but that didn't do anything. Managed to 1 stop and yeah, successful race for me. Hopefully this will be a sign of more things to come and be more consistent :)

Reactions: Ycoms

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Qualy: Qualy ban lol
Race: Pretty decent. 19th to 9th which might change due to penalties but it feels good to score points again. Didn't have the pace at all during the race and I wa s getting held up a dot for the first 10 laps but that didn't do anything. Managed to 1 stop and yeah, successful race for me. Hopefully this will be a sign of more things to come and be more consistent :)
Im grateful you left the space at pouhon.. that could have ended very badly for me