Mar 4, 2015
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

No-shows:
- @Finch

Last edited:

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Damage limitation. Slipstream is honestly hilarious and its borderline too dangerous to race imo, with differences in straight line speed and the contact model. Pad also feels terrible around here I don't if its just me, but I feel im getting tons of input lag through every chicane (similar to Monaco). Just waiting for next three tracks, Singapore, Malaysia and Suzuka <3

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Damage limitation. Slipstream is honestly hilarious and its borderline too dangerous to race imo, with differences in straight line speed and the contact model. Pad also feels terrible around here I don't if its just me, but I feel im getting tons of input lag through every chicane (similar to Monaco). Just waiting for next three tracks, Singapore, Malaysia and Suzuka <3
We should be fine to be honest. I mean we're AOR. We can use our heads, sometimes

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
This track needs rain just to slow the pace down. Martin's right, without rain I think there's gunna be quite a few incidents with the difference in speed.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Well now we know there's a huge difference in speed I would suggest to pick your overtakes wisely

• Agree
Reactions: TheFlyingFinn08

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
What's the policy towards the chicanes ? The sausage kerbs are really high on this game so if you touch them they send you for a trip on two wheels. But you can actually gain a lot of time if you go over them by putting two wheels either side of them and you can do it without actually cutting the corner (by that I mean going all 4 wheels beyond the white line). Will that be allowed or will it be considered as cutting the chicanes, especially ofr the second one ?

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
What's the policy towards the chicanes ? The sausage kerbs are really high on this game so if you touch them they send you for a trip on two wheels. But you can actually gain a lot of time if you go over them by putting two wheels either side of them and you can do it without actually cutting the corner (by that I mean going all 4 wheels beyond the white line). Will that be allowed or will it be considered as cutting the chicanes, especially ofr the second one ?
White lines are white lines, if you leave the white lines while putting the kerbs between the wheels, then it's not allowed. If you don't, then it's fine.

• Informative
Reactions: AOR Perez

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
White lines are white lines, if you leave the white lines while putting the kerbs between the wheels, then it's not allowed. If you don't, then it's fine.
Ok. Don't think I'll be in a good enough emotional state to race tonight after watching that match this morning. I only had 91627816357 heart attacks..:nailbiting::rofl:

• Agree
Reactions: Ycoms

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
@Ycoms I won't be able to race tonight my pedals have blown up and they don't work :(

• Informative
Reactions: Ycoms

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Happy with P9 afther that horror show of a qualifying session.

I was very cautious and expected a massive accident at the start that surprisingly didn't happen and maintained 18th position for the first few corners. Slowly but surelyI made my way up the feld thanks to the various incidents and collisions in front of me and an undercut when going onto the mediums. For most of my second stint I was with @I Jason97F1 I and in addition for swapping positions continuously for five or six laps, we wereworking together to get back into the top 10 which was quite enjoyable I have to say! However on lap 17, my DRS broke down (first time it's ever happened to me) and I started to lose ground and as the laps went by, I got increasingly desperate for the rain to come as my tyres were almost worn out. Mercifully the rain came on lap 20 and I had no choice but topit early for inters which definately cost me time as it wasn't until two laps from the end that the inters were better than the slicks. On my first lap, witnessed and absolutely terrifying crash in the second DRS zone between three cars who I can't name because I've forgotten. For the last two laps I had a great little battle with @AndreBCF1997 for 8th place which I eventually won on the last lap going into ascari but I had a 3 second penalty so he got P8. But still, P9 is a good result considering my qualifying performance.
[DOUBLEPOST=1485726524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Considering how much unprepared I was before the race... I would say that I take that P8 :)
Yeah, thanks Franglish for having a penatly. I got you on the last lap!

Reactions: Jason97F1

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Happy with P9 afther that horror show of a qualifying session.

I was very cautious and expected a massive accident at the start that surprisingly didn't happen and maintained 18th position for the first few corners. Slowly but surelyI made my way up the feld thanks to the various incidents and collisions in front of me and an undercut when going onto the mediums. For most of my second stint I was with @I Jason97F1 I and in addition for swapping positions continuously for five or six laps, we wereworking together to get back into the top 10 which was quite enjoyable I have to say! However on lap 17, my DRS broke down (first time it's ever happened to me) and I started to lose ground and as the laps went by, I got increasingly desperate for the rain to come as my tyres were almost worn out. Mercifully the rain came on lap 20 and I had no choice but topit early for inters which definately cost me time as it wasn't until two laps from the end that the inters were better than the slicks. On my first lap, witnessed and absolutely terrifying crash in the second DRS zone between three cars who I can't name because I've forgotten. For the last two laps I had a great little battle with @AndreBCF1997 for 8th place which I eventually won on the last lap going into ascari but I had a 3 second penalty so he got P8. But still, P9 is a good result considering my qualifying performance.
[DOUBLEPOST=1485726524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, thanks Franglish for having a penatly. I got you on the last lap!
Well, thanks but at the same time I didn't want to fight at all, because I knew you had a penalty. P9 is fine as well anyway :p

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I should change my name to UnLuckyGlock1000, I decided to risk it on softs cause I made my way to 3rd when people were pitting for interns amd I was slightly pulling away. Then 3 to go I was losing positions left right and center and got a puncture. Was in 2nd at one point, race could have better but oh well, the funniest race I ever had. Great racing with @Burnout F1 @I Jason97F1 I and @AOR Reversal for the first 10 laps that was brilliant :)

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Can't believe that this was actually my best result since Bahrain since apart from a PB in qualifying it wasn't really special at all. Sitting in a slipstream train for the first 10 laps and then losing half a second constantly to the cars ahead which was the overall pace difference. Well, I take it. :p Was nice "battling" the frontrunners for once. Quali lap is down below (as I'm usually late with personal highlights).

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
Well, I'm sat in a barbers waiting for a haircut so I might as well do a race report now XD
Qualy: P13
What a bottle job of a lap. After two PB's and a P1 and P3 in the last few rounds I was expecting something better tbh.
Race: P6 (maybe P5 after a few penalties)
Decent result considering where I started and how I cemented 5th in the standings. Managed the clear the traffic by about lap 3, then went onto the grass on the inside of turn 3... don't ask how. Then had some decent battles with @I Jason97F1 I and @LuckyDog2000 and others. Now this is what annoys me about people saying the league is dirty. The league isn't. We had battles into almost every corner for like 8 or so laps, not one bit of contact, so when I see the league as a whole getting slated it's really annoying. After most had pitted I was on old Mediums in the lead just praying for a repeat of Austria. Hoping the rain would come before I ran out of tyres on Lap 17. It didn't happen of course, so stuck on fresh Softs and gave chase of @Ycoms. Unfortunately he was a bit too far up the road, and the rain levelled the playing field in terms of tyres so that went out the window. I was happy with the result considering where I started and the people I managed to beat. I think aiminig above P5 in the championship is a bit of a long shot but we will have to wait and see!
I now have a full week off work, so I'm going to grind out Singapore and hope for a good result there. I want a win this season after Hockenheim, and I've only really got one track left that's one of my favourites, so I'm gunna be sweating buckets for the rest of the season. See you all on Sunday!!

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Can't believe that this was actually my best result since Bahrain since apart from a PB in qualifying it wasn't really special at all. Sitting in a slipstream train for the first 10 laps and then losing half a second constantly to the cars ahead which was the overall pace difference. Well, I take it. :p Was nice "battling" the frontrunners for once. Quali lap is down below (as I'm usually late with personal highlights).

Well done mate!!!