Mar 4, 2015
Round 16 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Aye, short race report because I'm running out of time.

Quali was not good, should have been much better.
Cheeky @George and me thought exactly the same and gambled on starting on inters, which turned out to be a pretty...interesting call. Obviously we were unbelievably slow in the beginning and that contact with @LuckyDog2000 didn't help, lost me even more time and was down into P19. Once everyone pitted I was up into P4 and tried to save the tyres, lost huge amounts of time and positions, but luckily it worked out. I even pitted a lap too late for Hards which enabled @MikeMarshmallow to pull a gap which was decisive in the end. Managed to close it down on the final lap, but round the outside of the final corner didn't really work. xD

P6 is a brilliant result considering the huge amount of risk I took, can't believe that it actually work out.

Last edited:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
AAAARRRGHH So mad at myself right now. I blew away what was a potential top 5 finish... :banghead:

At the start I was the only one with @Ycoms to gamble with the inters in the hope of a quick driying track. And boy did it pay off as I was in the lead on lap 6 when everyone else who had started on wets pitted for the inters. Obviously I didn't hold on to the lead as Martin and Cupid had muh fresher tyres but I was still in P3 when I decided to pit for a new set of inters because I thought that the tyres I started off wouldn't last. Considering Ycoms finished 6th in the end I can see it was a massive mistake on my part. Still, I had a good chance of scoring points until when going for slicks i sped in the pitlane and got a drive through. To add insult to the injury, I crashed out on lap 21. But at least I got to witness the awesme battle between Martin and Cupid which I recorded.

Heres my crash:

Martin overtakes Cupid for P1:

Initially wanted Cupid's move on Martin but instead got this epic side-by-side kerbcam shot:

Martin reclaims first position, Watch out for @TheFlyingFinn08 !

Cupid surges back in front once again:

And the last 5 minutes of the race:

Great stuff !

TheFlyingFinn08

4-time AOR XB1 F1 Champion
Aug 23, 2016
AAAARRRGHH So mad at myself right now. I blew away what was a potential top 5 finish... :banghead:

At the start I was the only one with @Ycoms to gamble with the inters in the hope of a quick driying track. And boy did it pay off as I was in the lead on lap 6 when everyone else who had started on wets pitted for the inters. Obviously I didn't hold on to the lead as Martin and Cupid had muh fresher tyres but I was still in P3 when I decided to pit for a new set of inters because I thought that the tyres I started off wouldn't last. Considering Ycoms finished 6th in the end I can see it was a massive mistake on my part. Still, I had a good chance of scoring points until when going for slicks i sped in the pitlane and got a drive through. To add insult to the injury, I crashed out on lap 21. But at least I got to witness the awesme battle between Martin and Cupid which I recorded.

Heres my crash:

Martin overtakes Cupid for P1:

Initially wanted Cupid's move on Martin but instead got this epic side-by-side kerbcam shot:

Martin reclaims first position, Watch out for @TheFlyingFinn08 !

Cupid surges back in front once again:

And the last 5 minutes of the race:

Great stuff !
Thats quality man, amazing stuff, merci :D

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Probably the most enjoyable race of the season for me! Had some great battling, mostly with @AndreBCF1997 and @Finch including going side-by-side into the pitlane. More points is nice as I really need to finish top 8 in the standings to guarantee a car I want for next season, thankfully I won't have to use a Ferrari powered car again :happy:.
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the battle for fastest lap was crazy with 5 people doing a 1:36.6, almost as close as the midfield qualifying battle!
My Highlights:

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Qualifying P9: First time that I decided to do quali since Baku, it's been a long time lmao. First lap on inters was fine, took provisional pole since the top drivers hadn't set a lap time yet. However, bottled both of the following attempts so I didn't improve. Luckily, I was P9 in the grid as there were something like 5 or 6 drivers in a tenths, crazy xD

Race P7: Lost a couple of positions at the start to make sure to keep it clean and avoid any kind of incident. Re-took P9 after overtaking @Burnout F1 and @RaikoGordon24. Lost too much time behind him, so that allowed @TRL Limitless and @I Jason97F1 I to catch me. Pace seemed better in the dry, and after a fantastic battle with Jason I managed to break the slipstream and eventually catch Limitless on the final lap. Maybe I should have been a bit more aggressive in the wet, especially at the start, because that's where I think I lost quite a bit of time, but you learn from your own mistakes, so I hope to keep it in mind for the upcoming races. Suzuka is one of, if not my favourite track in the calendar, so I'm definitely looking forward to it :)