Mar 4, 2015
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

No-shows:
- @TRL Limitless
- @Snowyyy
- @Leoobot
- @Stoo

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I see one is created for my tier?

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
I will be unable to attend tonight as I feel my internet isn't up to scratch for League racing at this moment in time, apologies. I will be sure to notify you @Ycoms if it seems better by race time

• Informative
Reactions: Ycoms

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
One of the most disappointing performances of the Season. It's not that I had one big off and then it was all over, I made too many things that got me annoyed, got warnings and warning on the first few laps, I think 6 seconds after 7 laps already. I half spun on L6 which put me down from P4, then was stuck behind @Jack while getting more and more warnings and then completely misjudging the exit of 130R, I can count my lucky stars that he didn't crash into wall from that. Anyway after that limping with a broken endplate towards the end of the stint. The last stint was okay'ish, but the damage was already done, so P9 it is then.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
That's my third 2nd place finish here in Suzuka ever since I've joined AOR, destined to not win here lol.

Really disappointed to cross the line first but to then have it snatched away from me via a 3 second penalty. Honestly felt very comfortable around here but suffered frame rate issues which messed up my turn in points in certain occasions in degner 1 and the last chicane. Its the same for everyone I guess so I cannot moan too much.

Delighted that my qualifying form is going well, 2nd pole in a row. The lap wasn't electric (0.2 off PB) but solid all three sectors and 100% clean.

Race was fun and intense, the first two stints were a pain with the frame issues with seiyariu having a slight pace advantage on mediums. Pitted for hards with two great passes on Ycoms and Jason, appreciate the space and once again racing cleanly, enjoy racing others with confidence. I passed seiyariu with the drs and maintained a 0.9 gap for 8 laps every sector it seemed, ecstatic with the pace on the hards and pleased to not choke it regardless of the result from the penalty.

Congrats to Seiyariu on the win, well done to Finn for a podium. The championship is within touching distance, hope you wrap it up at COTA. GG lads, see you next week

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Alright, let's do this:

Qualifying P9: First lap on Mediums was almost flawless, (for my standard at least) managed a 33.9 which is only a tenth off from my PB on Mediums. The following attempt on the Softs was pretty good, I was even purple on @HCR Cupid provision pole lap time, but I bottled the chicane where I lost something like 3 tenths or even more, did 33.3 which is half a second off my PB. Last run was pretty meh, didn't improve my previous PB.

Race P8: Felt my race pace was pretty good tbf so I was looking for a good result looking at my lap times in the practice sessions I had done before. Start wasn't particularly great, lost 3 positions and got down to P12. Eventually, I found my way up to P9, but I got stuck behind @Finch because his straight line speed was outrageous. Only had an opportunity to overtake him in the main straight, I don't know how, but he managed to keep the outside line for T1 and stay ahead. Then had a short battle with @I Jason97F1 I where he overtook me pretty easily considering he had fresher tyres than me. Followed him for a couple of laps when, all in a sudden, after asking my Kinect to record, it brought me to the Dashboard and I found myself in the grass GG. Nothing really significant happened after my second pit. I was in P9 just behind @Ycoms and was catching him, but due to the 100M marker board missing at T1, I went massively wide and lost something like 4 seconds. Luckily for me, he had some times penalty so I got promoted to P8.
A bit gutted, considering this was probably my favourite track of the calendar and my race pace seemed fine. Could have gone better without the issue I had with the Kinect (happened at Silverstone as well) but I take what I get.
Next track, Austin. Really looking forward to it. :)

Reactions: Finch and Jason97F1

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Alright, let's do this:

Qualifying P9: First lap on Mediums was almost flawless, (for my standard at least) managed a 33.9 which is only a tenth off from my PB on Mediums. The following attempt on the Softs was pretty good, I was even purple on @HCR Cupid provision pole lap time, but I bottled the chicane where I lost something like 3 tenths or even more, did 33.3 which is half a second off my PB. Last run was pretty meh, didn't improve my previous PB.

Race P8: Felt my race pace was pretty good tbf so I was looking for a good result looking at my lap times in the practice sessions I had done before. Start wasn't particularly great, lost 3 positions and got down to P12. Eventually, I found my way up to P9, but I got stuck behind @Finch because his straight line speed was outrageous. Only had an opportunity to overtake him in the main straight, I don't know how, but he managed to keep the outside line for T1 and stay ahead. Then had a short battle with @I Jason97F1 I where he overtook me pretty easily considering he had fresher tyres than me. Followed him for a couple of laps when, all in a sudden, after asking my Kinect to record, it brought me to the Dashboard and I found myself in the grass GG. Nothing really significant happened after my second pit. I was in P9 just behind @Ycoms and was catching him, but due to the 100M marker board missing at T1, I went massively wide and lost something like 4 seconds. Luckily for me, he had some times penalty so I got promoted to P8.
A bit gutted, considering this was probably my favourite track of the calendar and my race pace seemed fine. Could have gone better without the issue I had with the Kinect (happened at Silverstone as well) but I take what I get.
Next track, Austin. Really looking forward to it. :)
Yeah I don't understand why I was so quick on straights was everyone running 10-9 or something:D

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Yeah I don't understand why I was so quick on straights was everyone running 10-9 or something:D
I was using 8/7 wings personally. Damn I got owned by Ferrari's, at T1 by you and at 130R by Jason twice xD

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I was using 8/7 wings personally. Damn I got owned by Ferrari's, at T1 by you and at 130R by Jason twice xD
Oh I was running 8-7 lol maybe Ferrari power op and t1 was memories of 05