XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 18: United States - 05/03/17 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 18: United States - 05/03/17

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

No-shows:
- @Ycoms

Ycoms

Mar 4, 2015
FYI: I won't be able to attend this race due to a birthday party (sad since I got my first win here back in S9 D: ). @Finch

Reactions: Finch

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Always liked this track. And it's where I had my best AOR F1 race and first podium. Looking forward to this one !

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
One of my favourite tracks. At the moment the pace isn't electric, but super consistent. Looking forward to this one.

Ycoms

Mar 4, 2015
Again, reminder, I'm not here today. Contact person is @Finch. :p Good luck guys, have fun!

Reactions: Finch

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Qualifying P9: 3 Quali Session, 3 9th places on the grid. I'm used to it :p Lap wasn't that great, 4 tenths off my PB, but at least I didn't bottle it massively.

Race P9: For the first time had a great run 'till T1, gained a couple of position, but I found @Jack right ahead of me and I couldn't do anything but to hit him. Went from P7 down to P20 second-last. If that isn't enough, I also missed and emplate which costed me almost a second and a half a lap. Luckily, I had a lot of cars battling ahead of me so I was able to pick up the DRS and stay in the cars-train. My pit stop is definitely the cherry on the top: I had to smash into the pit wall on purprose in order to lose my front wing. Hadn't I done that, pit crew wouldn't have changed my front wing. It's not something nice to do and I apologize, but I didn't really fancy to get screwed by Codemasters twice.
After my pit-stop, I gained two positions due to @I Jason97F1 I and @VBR StreeZ having an incident.
Had a good battle with @Gio which I didn't expect to be fair, because his tyres were much fresher than mine. Crossed the line in P11 but I eventually moved up to P9.
A bitter-sweet result. I was last after my pit stop, and I would have never thought to get a couple of points, so I am happy on how it ended considering where I was after pitting. On the other hand, this is one of my favourite tracks, so I wasted a good opportunity to do well, but that's how the things go sometimes, and you gotta deal with it.

Huge congrats to @TheFlyingFinn08 on winning the AOR S12 Championship, already said to him personally, but I do it again here :)

Next track is Brazil, a track that I am not really crazy about... Oh wait, do we really need to race around Mexico? :p

• Friendly
Reactions: TheFlyingFinn08

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
Finally a points finish after two rounds of sh*t...
Qualy P13: Bottled the S's. First sector was a 25.8.. Rest of the lap was pretty sweet.
Race P5: Apprently I like finishing 5th. I choose a rather alternate strat.. started on Softs. Had a really good getaway for once, and managed to avoid any incidents or wing damage, and was P9 out of T1. Down the back straight two guys had a MASSIVE lag incident (Think it was @Leoobot and someone else?) and that moved me up to P7, with my teammate ahead with a broken wing. Thankfully he let me go, and started backing up the pack behind. He gave me 7 seconds in 3 laps, top job @MikeMarshmallow. Ahead was @Finch, and I cleared him once the Supers started to go off, and once the 4 guys up ahead pit, I had about 7 laps to pump in some consistent laps and get the tyres to lap 17. Unfortunately I couldnt do that, didn't want to risk a punctured, so pitted lap 16 for the Supers. With @TRL Martin 10 seconds up the road with 10 laps to go, I knew that P4 was the best I could get after JD binned it..?! I closed to 6 seconds within 2 laps to Martin but the tyres just didn't hold on long enough to get any closer, and was now just focused on keeping the flying Banana @Seiyariu behind me. I had 6 seconds worth of pens, and managed to keep him out of 6 seconds until the penultimate lap, were the tyres completely died, and I had to nurse them to not get a puncture. Sei caught to about 2 and a half seconds across the line, so snatched P4 of me.
I'm happy with P5 though, and especially with Mike in P6, we had replicated what would've been our Malaysia result here in COTA. Happy to get a good points haul and onto the cancer that is Mexico!

Reactions: BPRL Goblin

Ycoms

Mar 4, 2015
Does someone have the lower half of the field from the race results? Can't find it on the DVR's I checked from multiple people now. Got the positions, but not the timings.