XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 4: Russia - 06/11/16 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 4: Russia - 06/11/16

Seiyariu

AOR XB1 F1 Commentator
Jun 23, 2014
At least it didn't rain?

First 5 laps were absolute carnage, don't really know how I came out alive.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Race report, yeeeee.

Relieved to even get a solid lap in as this is what I was struggling the most on this track (think I was by far not the only one). Trend continues, improving my quali position race per race by one position. :p

Was very cautious in battles in the opening laps, most scary moment was on L1 into T4 when @AndreBCF1997 and me were already side by side, but @TRL Limitless still steamed up the inside into that corner to make it 3 wide. xD Nothing happened though. Had an awful 2nd lap, I lost touch to @Seiyariu and lost out to JD and @Sonuc T Saltunc pretty quickly. After that I settled into the race and captualised on spins and incidents up the front which meant I was up into P4 starting L7. Closed the gap to JD and Sonuc again, but broke way too late at the end of the 2nd DRS straight and hit JD's rear wheel slightly which spun me round. Made a half-spin when I tried to go back on the track, so I lost about 10 seconds. Was really furious at that point as everything went in my favor until that stupid mistake. Decided to go into the pits immediately. Came out behind @Stoo and Seiyariu who pitted 2 laps earlier like 4 seconds behind me with front wing damage, that's how much time I lost. Once Stoo's super-softs (#TyreWearHacks) went off a little bit I managed to overtake him and took the position away from Sonuc (front wing damage surely?) as well after that.
Through the entire race I tried so hard not to push too hard to stay on the track (like in practise) and not get any penalties, but I still managed to get 2 in the last 10 laps. Also made a huge mistake on the last lap out of T2 which enabled @MikeMarshmallow into my DRS and to overtake me on the last lap, but that didn't really matter as I had more penalty seconds than him anyway.

Really think I drove bad, at least I was confident in the race in practise, was faster and more consistent than what I did yesterday by quite a bit. Considering all of this I still got P5, which I absolutely take, very lucky that so many people around had spins and incidents. This race was all over the place anyway.
Congrats to @TheFlyingFinn08 on the most dominant drive I've seen since quite a while and @Leoobot on a flawless recovery drive after T2! I'm happy this track is done. xD

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Qualifying: In the practice sessions I did some high 35', did even a 35.5... But of course, when it counts, I always bottle it, otherwise it wouldn't be me :p 36.1, 6 tenths off my PB and only P7 in the grid. A bit annoyed, as if I had gone half a tenths faster, I would have been in the top 5, and it was crucial for the start, as that is the position where you gain the most at the start by using the slipstream of the cars ahead.

Race: First lap was a massive scary going onto T4 as there were 3 cars going side by side, in which I had a contact which compromised my race. The following lap I was just using the slipstream of the cars ahead, but I slightly brushed the wall, so I lost and endplate. In the same lap I also had a contact with @Snowyyy where we both lost a couple of positions. Carrying on with an endplate missing it was dreadful, so I decided to go to the pit at the end of L3, and I did one of the most stupid mistakes I could have ever done: I put the mediums, as I wasn't too sure I could have finished with the Softs. That meant that I got passed pretty much every lap by everyone, those tyres didn't work, but it was too late and pitting for a set of SS wouldn't have changed anything. I had to avoid @HCR Cupid ghost car pretty much every lap, which almost caused my race to end xD But luckily, nothing happen. I gained something on @George the last laps as Softs had higher tyre wear than Mediums (at least :p ) . But he overtook me on the last lap and I didn't really want to try a risky move, so I just sited behind him, a point is better than zero. Considering I heard that @Stoo did 24 laps on the SuperSofts, putting the Mediums on, was the greatest pile of ****. Gutted for the final result, as this was one of the few occasions to do well, according to my practice pace, but in the end, I take what I get. Congrats to @TheFlyingFinn08 on another stunning win, and to my team-mate @Leoobot for his 2nd place, definitely Driver Of The Day, imo :)

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Could have done a better qualy which would have improved my race. Second corner I think lobotomy divebombed me and I blew up, lap 2 got wing damage and had to pit for mediums. I lost my luck but I know that the next races I can do better and score more points. A little bummed because I might have been able to get podium I think. I'm still trying to get inside the top 10 in points

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
That was a stressful race, but in the end very rewarding for me.

In qualifying I once again bottled it by quite a margin and lined up 12th, but I probably shuldn't complain about that too much as a 1-2 thenths slower lap would've put me in 18th, and to be just outside the top 10 isn't too much of an issue either as you get the fresh tyres for the start.

Initial start went alright and I gained 1-2 positions. Coming into turn 2 I knew it would be a lottery if you would come out alive or not, unfortunatley @Snowyyy stromed up my inside and I had to avoid, which resulted in me getting into contact with @LuckyDog2000 sending me into a halfspin and the whole field went thourgh. Fortunatley I escaped without any FW damage.
After this I actually felt quite relaxed (not the usual feeling I have in the first laps of a race) as I had nothing to lose, I think that helped me as two laps later I had somehow gained about 10 places. At least half of those gained positions was down to other drivers mistakes or having incidents, which I miraculously managed to avoid going thourgh the field. My progress was haulted for a couple of laps when I got into a battle with @Burnout F1, but after a while I managed to pull away.
It was now lap 8 and I was in P5, a couple of seconds up ahead was the fight for the podium. On the same lap @Ycoms spun which put me in 4th. I then pitted on L11.
By the end of lap 12 I had caught @TRL Limitless and @Sonuc T Saltunc fighting for 2nd place. On the same lap Limitless took a too tight line into turn 14 which resulted in him hitting the wall and bouncing off it into the wall on the other side.
On the next lap into turn 2 I tried an over-ambitious move on @Sonuc T Saltunc to try and get into 2nd qickly, but I locked up and went wide. On the next lap I was able to overtake and then eventually also pull away from him.
For the last 10 laps I took it very easy as I didn't want to screw anything up after this recovery, which I manged not to and crossed the finish line in 2nd!

I am well aware that I was lucky to not get caught up in an incident, (apart from turn 2) but still very estatic to end up where I did after being down in 20th.

Congrats to @TheFlyingFinn08 on another great win! See you all next Sunday :)

Highlights:

Reactions: AOR Reversal

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
That was a stressful race, but in the end very rewarding for me.

In qualifying I once again bottled it by quite a margin and lined up 12th, but I probably shuldn't complain about that too much as a 1-2 thenths slower lap would've put me in 18th, and to be just outside the top 10 isn't too much of an issue either as you get the fresh tyres for the start.

Initial start went alright and I gained 1-2 positions. Coming into turn 2 I knew it would be a lottery if you would come out alive or not, unfortunatley @Snowyyy stromed up my inside and I had to avoid, which resulted in me getting into contact with @LuckyDog2000 sending me into a halfspin and the whole field went thourgh. Fortunatley I escaped without any FW damage.
After this I actually felt quite relaxed (not the usual feeling I have in the first laps of a race) as I had nothing to lose, I think that helped me as two laps later I had somehow gained about 10 places. At least half of those gained positions was down to other drivers mistakes or having incidents, which I miraculously managed to avoid going thourgh the field. My progress was haulted for a couple of laps when I got into a battle with @Burnout F1, but after a while I managed to pull away.
It was now lap 8 and I was in P5, a couple of seconds up ahead was the fight for the podium. On the same lap @Ycoms spun which put me in 4th. I then pitted on L11.
By the end of lap 12 I had caught @TRL Limitless and @Sonuc T Saltunc fighting for 2nd place. On the same lap Limitless took a too tight line into turn 14 which resulted in him hitting the wall and bouncing off it into the wall on the other side.
On the next lap into turn 2 I tried an over-ambitious move on @Sonuc T Saltunc to try and get into 2nd qickly, but I locked up and went wide. On the next lap I was able to overtake and then eventually also pull away from him.
For the last 10 laps I took it very easy as I didn't want to screw anything up after this recovery, which I manged not to and crossed the finish line in 2nd!

I am well aware that I was lucky to not get caught up in an incident, (apart from turn 2) but still very estatic to end up where I did after being down in 20th.

Congrats to @TheFlyingFinn08 on another great win! See you all next Sunday :)

Highlights:
Ok I understand what happened, I wasn't upset when it happened that makes sense now :) thx for the clear up :)

Reactions: Leoobot

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
After seeing all the enquiries on the Stewards Panel (not only from this tier, but from the others too) I feel that tracks like Canada, Italy or Mexico, shouldn't be included in the calendar as they will always cause issues regarding track limits. Just my opinion of course.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
After seeing all the enquiries on the Stewards Panel (not only from this tier, but from the others too) I feel that tracks like Canada, Italy or Mexico, shouldn't be included in the calendar as they will always cause issues regarding track limits. Just my opinion of course.
Monza is much harder to cut now that 10 feet tall kerbs have been added to the chicanes Canada is much better withc track limits. Mexico is still a grey area. But it's too late to change now I think

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Reversal