Mar 4, 2015
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th November 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

No-shows:
- @AndreBCF1997

Last edited:

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Can we make it compulsory for everyone to upload their qualifying laps? We've had circuits being dropped from calendar for poor track limits such as India and Canada (S7). Its possible for everyone to upload via they're Game DVR feature can't they? We should either have zero tolerance or just dropping it altogether as the time you can gain is honestly hilarious at times and it can ultimately dictate the race if there people who are careless with their laps.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Regarding compulsory recording for quali: We had a long discussion going on in the cod-section whether to include it for XB1 and PS4 for this race. The outcome is that it won't be happening. Reasons for are mainly that we didn't agree on what the penalty would be if someone wouldn't record and that certain people also reported they've got general issues of uploading to their DVR which isn't helpful. We can't make a half decent attempt on this, it has to be ultimate. Personally I'm unhappy about the fact that we couldn't agree on sth.

I can only encourage all of you again to respect the track limit rules (in quali AND the race). Other than that, good luck tonight!

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Couldn't imagine my season would've gotten worse, well and truly bottled it in qualy with a 12.9 when in practice I was doing 12.3's and then in the race I touched ever so slightly with @Ycoms at turn 3 on lap one and spun.. Pitted for a new wing and then lost it and unfortunately collided with @Burnout F1 while I was spinning, pitted again for another wing and by that time I had been lapped so yeah just gets better and better

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Probably my worst ever race on all 7 games of the franchise.
Can't imagine how bad next week is going on to be with that shameful tragedy of a track that is Baku.

CRL Rosberg

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2016
Right. I guess this has been coming for a while. Since Russia my connection has been having an absolute tea party and hasn't been working in a 'safe' way. By this, I mean that I lag all the time and I have been a danger to others. I considered not racing for Monaco but I thought it had got better so I rolled with it. Until @AOR Reversal sent me a video of me basically entering the walls. Now I've absolute destroyed @RaikoGordon24 and I can't handle the fact I'm ruining people races. This is what I've been afraid off every since Russia but I stuck in and I'm now at the end of the road. I am retracting my sign up and am giving this seat to someone else. I'm so sorry to the time I've wasted and the space being in a league where I shouldn't be in. Thank you @FisiFan91 for the help, support and the opportunity to race against some awesome guys like @HCR Cupid, @TRL Martin, @TheFlyingFinn08 and a load of others. Thanks guys and again, sorry :cry:

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Right. I guess this has been coming for a while. Since Russia my connection has been having an absolute tea party and hasn't been working in a 'safe' way. By this, I mean that I lag all the time and I have been a danger to others. I considered not racing for Monaco but I thought it had got better so I rolled with it. Until @AOR Reversal sent me a video of me basically entering the walls. Now I've absolute destroyed @RaikoGordon24 and I can't handle the fact I'm ruining people races. This is what I've been afraid off every since Russia but I stuck in and I'm now at the end of the road. I am retracting my sign up and am giving this seat to someone else. I'm so sorry to the time I've wasted and the space being in a league where I shouldn't be in. Thank you @FisiFan91 for the help, support and the opportunity to race against some awesome guys like @HCR Cupid, @TRL Martin, @TheFlyingFinn08 and a load of others. Thanks guys and again, sorry :cry:
It was great racing you, it's unfortunate things like this have to happen. Don't give up CRL though win the that championship :)

Reactions: CRL Rosberg

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
Takes a lot to do that, and we all appreciate it. Good luck wherever you race in future!

CRL Rosberg

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2016
Takes a lot to do that, and we all appreciate it. Good luck wherever you race in future!
Thanks <3 I've actually decided to stop league racing after CRLs season is over. I joined as an opportunity to prove myself but I've done the opposite.

TheFlyingFinn08

4-time AOR XB1 F1 Champion
Aug 23, 2016
Sorry to hear that you're having to leave man, I respect your decision but I hope to see you back if you manage to sort out your connection (hopefully soon) :)

• Friendly

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks <3 I've actually decided to stop league racing after CRLs season is over. I joined as an opportunity to prove myself but I've done the opposite.
Never forget you're success in CRL, and you're maiden win in season 11, to win in AOR and be a champion in a league proves you're fast and successful, there are so many fast people on this game it's so close, be proud of you're accomplishments :)

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
First of all, sad to see @CRL Rosberg go, your decision is very respectable. You've done everything but wasting time and it was great racing and having you in the leagues! Best of luck for the future in whatever you do. ;)

I'd call my race Spain 2.0 with this time it not being my fault being out of contention after four corners. Quali lap wasn't really great, the first half was atrocious and the final sector was brilliant (yes, there was a tiny cut into T1, since it was very minor one and the rest of the lap was good I decided not to abandon since I also wasn't 100% sure if it really was one while driving).

As I said, I was already out of the race pretty much after 4 corners, firstly losing an endplate on @LuckyDog2000 into T3 and then being spun around by @Snowyyy which both put us in the wall (not going to panel that as you let me through in the pit lane basically). After that I tried my best to find a good rhythm, which worked partly. The final chicane (which I managed so nicely in practice) wasn't my friend, I constantly lost huge amounts of time there. In the 2nd stint I tried to make quick work with @AOR Reversal and drive a lonely race home in P13 I think it would have been, but since I couldn't break the slipstream within a lap a strange battle occured which ended in me losing and endplate and spinning. I got back for another attack eventually where my stupidness led me to the situation which is in the panel. In the end I can only be proud of not getting any warnings for track limits, but that's not really beneficial.

Last edited:

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
First of all, sad to see @CRL Rosberg go, your decision is very respectable. You've done everything but wasting time and it was great racing and having you in the leagues! Best of luck for the future in whatever you do. ;)

I'd call my race Spain 2.0 with this time it not being my fault being out of contention after four corners. Quali lap wasn't really great, the first half was atrocious and the final sector was brilliant (yes, there was a tiny cut into T1, since it was very minor one and the rest of the lap was good I decided not to abandon since I also wasn't 100% sure if it really was one while driving).

As I said, I was already out of the race pretty much after 4 corners, firstly losing an endplate on @LuckyDog2000 into T3 and the being spun around by @Snowyyy which both put us in the wall (not going to panel that as you let me through in the pit lane basically). After that I tried my best to find a good rhythm, which worked partly. The final chicane (which I managed so nicely in practice) wasn't my friend, I constantly lost huge amounts of time there. In the 2nd stint I tried to make quick work with @AOR Reversal and drive a lonely race home in P13 I think it would have been, but since I couldn't break the slipstream within a lap a strange battle occured which ended in me losing and endplate and spinning. I got back for another attack eventually where my stupidness led me to the situation which is in the panel. In the end I can only be proud of not getting any warnings for track limits, but that's not really beneficial.
The incident was not intentional, I understeered through the left hander because I had gone around the outside of 1 or 2 people at the right hander just before so my line was really tight and then you were pretty much on the racing line so I understeered and just caught your rear, at that moment in time there was nothing I could do to avoid you. apologies.

Reactions: Ycoms

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016

As I said, I was already out of the race pretty much after 4 corners, firstly losing an endplate on @LuckyDog2000 into T3 and then being spun around by @Snowyyy which both put us in the wall (not going to panel that as you let me through in the pit lane basically). After that I tried my best to find a good rhythm, which worked partly. The final chicane (which I managed so nicely in practice) wasn't my friend, I constantly lost huge amounts of time there. In the 2nd stint I tried to make quick work with @AOR Reversal and drive a lonely race home in P13 I think it would have been, but since I couldn't break the slipstream within a lap a strange battle occured which ended in me losing and endplate and spinning. I got back for another attack eventually where my stupidness led me to the situation which is in the panel. In the end I can only be proud of not getting any warnings for track limits, but that's not really beneficial.
Didn't even feel contact, sorry about that I didn't want to go side by side with Reversal through the first chicane on the first lap, hope you understand :)