XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 8: Azerbaijan/Europe - 04/12/16 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 8: Azerbaijan/Europe - 04/12/16

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Round 8 - European Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th December 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Will there be any resttrictions concerning turns 8 and 15 ? They're pretty bad in terms of corner cutting and you can gain loads of time by cutting them.

Stoo

F1 2nd Driver
Jul 3, 2015
Will there be any resttrictions concerning turns 8 and 15 ? They're pretty bad in terms of corner cutting and you can gain loads of time by cutting them.
Turn 6 is one of the worst too.

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Alright @Ycoms, for some strange reasons it's been two weeks now that I can't invite people to my lobby or join the others ones. But now, people can't even invite me to the lobby session, so if you could try to invite me as soon as you get online in order to solve the issue, that would be great :)

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
@Ycoms Just be aware I may or may not have to unplug my internet and console before or during the race as its storming pretty hectically and I don't want my stuff to get destroyed by the lightening, so if I disconnect from the session or I'm not online before that's why.

• Informative
Reactions: Ycoms

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Alright @Ycoms, for some strange reasons it's been two weeks now that I can't invite people to my lobby or join the others ones. But now, people can't even invite me to the lobby session, so if you could try to invite me as soon as you get online in order to solve the issue, that would be great :)
Have you tried a hard rester of the console ?

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I'm so pissed off, I was outside top 10 and should have started on softs, no I get forced on dead ss, then I get shoved into to the wall, should have been a top 10

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I'm so pissed off, I was outside top 10 and should have started on softs, no I get forced on dead ss, then I get shoved into to the wall, should have been a top 10
You qualified in the top 10 and got a 5 place grid penalty didn't you?

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty Pissed off here to be fair as well.

Was P4 after 5 laps until @MikeMarshmallow braked much earlier than expected at turn 3 fincing me to dive down the inside. I had managed to stop in time and was along side. But he squeezed me and we made contact leaving me down into P13. I did manage to recover to P9 or 10 (If my penalty gets removed which I'm fairly confident with) but stil a disappointing result considering my great start from P10 to P4 in 2 laps.
Austria Next for another slipstream fest.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
I don't normally post here, but I think I have to on this occasion.

I think the driving standards in this league seriously need to analysed, as the amount of corner cutting I spectated before I went out in qualifying, along with previous races, is something that needs to be stopped. IMO EVERYONE has to upload there laps as we all have access through the xbox and there should be no excuse.

Secondly I feel the racecraft/awareness of drivers, especially on lap one, needs to be looked at as it's costing a lot of people's results and just can't go on. With the damage being so sensitive, I feel a lot of drivers just don't take this into consideration at all.

But the main thing is the corner cutting gifting people positions on the grid, and also in the race as we all there are corners that can be cut without warnings. It's just very disappointing and needs to be addressed.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I don't normally post here, but I think I have to on this occasion.

I think the driving standards in this league seriously need to analysed, as the amount of corner cutting I spectated before I went out in qualifying, along with previous races, is something that needs to be stopped. IMO EVERYONE has to upload there laps as we all have access through the xbox and there should be no excuse.

Secondly I feel the racecraft/awareness of drivers, especially on lap one, needs to be looked at as it's costing a lot of people's results and just can't go on. With the damage being so sensitive, I feel a lot of drivers just don't take this into consideration at all.

But the main thing is the corner cutting gifting people positions on the grid, and also in the race as we all there are corners that can be cut without warnings. It's just very disappointing and needs to be addressed.
You vould always take the people you see corner cut to the stewards and if you have any incidents you can do the same but we can consider your suggestion.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
You vould always take the people you see corner cut to the stewards and if you have any incidents you can do the same but we can consider your suggestion.
Most problems would be solved in recording qualifying laps was compulsory, and imo it should be as you can record through the xbox without a capture card. This NEEDS to be done, otherwise people are in positions they shouldn't be in, and this is usually demonstrated in the results at the end of the race. It may sound harsh, but it's true.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: George and Finch