XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 8: Azerbaijan/Europe - 04/12/16 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Round 8: Azerbaijan/Europe - 04/12/16

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Most problems would be solved in recording qualifying laps was compulsory, and imo it should be as you can record through the xbox without a capture card. This NEEDS to be done, otherwise people are in positions they shouldn't be in, and this is usually demonstrated in the results at the end of the race. It may sound harsh, but it's true.
I'm going to be honest and it was all my fault, but I ran out of space on my Xbox dvr. I'm so sorry, if you asked sickskills you would have been told that I tried to record the race and my qualy lap. I'm really sorry I forgot, I'm human. I agree with you about driving standards. I was being cautious out of the first corner, going into the second corner, I get mega divebombed and sandwiched and fall to 18th, even in the dire stages I was getting blown up. Thank you for posting this, I'm really bummed, I felt if I didn't bottle qualy, I would have been up there :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1480893429][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm going to be honest and it was all my fault, but I ran out of space on my Xbox dvr. I'm so sorry, if you asked sickskills you would have been told that I tried to record the race and my qualy lap. I'm really sorry I forgot, I'm human. I agree with you about driving standards. I was being cautious out of the first corner, going into the second corner, I get mega divebombed and sandwiched and fall to 18th, even in the dire stages I was getting blown up. Thank you for posting this, I'm really bummed, I felt if I didn't bottle qualy, I would have been up there :(
I was cutting on my lap though
[DOUBLEPOST=1480893445][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops, *wasn't

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Quali:

Race:
Was pretty cautious in the first stint I just wanted to get through it without any incidents and I did. Then I didn't really have any pace on the mediums so it was hard to stay with the soft runners. Then I went to record something and I unpaused the game and went straight on which ruined my chances of a decent finish. Anyway all in all it wasn't to bad of a first race at least I finished.

Next week is one of my favourite tracks so it shall be fun!

AndreBCF1997

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2015
Qualifying: P6. Quite surprised, as I've felt my race pace was better than my quali pace around here, but somehow, I managed a 40.6 which I was pretty happy with, so I decided it was enough and save a set of SS for the race.

Race: P7. This has been probably my most intensive race in AOR so far this season. I've been in the middle of the battle pretty much 90% of the time, but I managed not to get involved in incidents/crashes. Had so much fear when Limitless tried to overtake me after T8 (!!!) but luckily nothing happened, and also in the penultimate lap when @TheFlyingFinn08 was right behind me and I wasn't too sure where he wanted to get past, so we almost collided at 300 km/h. Maybe my strategy wasn't the best, considering I lost something like 10 seconds just in the last 3 laps, but probably it was due to me battling and defending pretty much every lap. I take P7, I'm fine with that. GG @HCR Cupid on the win ;)

Reactions: Finch

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Qualifying: Definitely the best qualy of the season for me, and I'm very much pleased with how it went. I've bottled every qualy session of the season so far and to finally get a good lap in and start P5 was a good feeling.

Race: Unfortunately my race was very short lived, I chosed to try just stay on the outside at turn one but I ran over the kerb which compromised my run to turn 2 and literally 3 or 4 people went down my inside, I then got squeezed into the wall on the exit of T2 and that was pretty much game over for me, the cars then ghosted at turn 3 and I thought to myself ooh I'll be taking those positions and then Limitless' car stopped ghosting and I damaged my front wing, I then spun with @I Jason97F1 I and that was that. Finished 17th which was last..

Seiyariu

AOR XB1 F1 Commentator
Jun 23, 2014
The worst quali of all time for me. I set a pretty poor banker of a 41.1 on my first run. On my second run I went deep at Turn 3 and bailed the lap, put it into lean went around then tried for another run. That was a solid lap of a 40.7, wasn't pushing massively hard, just needed a lap in. But then on the in lap I ran out of fuel. I thought it would have been fine as the 5 minute countdown hadn't even started when I finished my second run, but I didn't have enough time to get in a final run once I finally got back to the pits :( was pretty annoying as I felt P4 on the grid was on the cards as I was doing 40.2/3/4 in practice when I got it all hooked up. But no, P9 start :banghead:

Was pretty cautious at the start of the race but still managed to get caught up in the @Snowyyy @RaikoGordon24 incident which gave me an orange right front wing. But somehow I still had pace. At the end of Lap 1 I was still in P9. I managed to get past @Burnout F1 into T1 on lap 3 who I thought might finally give me a helping hand in the constructors :rolleyes:. Then @AndreBCF1997 at T1 on Lap 5, then @MikeMarshmallow on lap 6 which got me P5 by the end of my first stint. I then had to pit and change my wing which gave me a 10 second pit stop...

Came out behind @Stoo who I think had boxed earlier than me, then I saw @TheFlyingFinn08 come out just ahead of me a few laps later. We were both sat in Stoo's slipstream for a few laps until they both went deep at Turn 1 allowing me to switchback on them both :sneaky: @TRL Limitless then came out the pits just ahead of me on fresh tyre wear glitched mediums so I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with him. Had a nice battle with Finn for a bit until I completely bottled it at T7 and let him through. I'd still found myself in P11 on lap 17 so I was hoping so much that basically everyone ahead of me had to pit again or something because not scoring points would just be unacceptable for me.

Didn't fight @George as he was on the softs so he got past me at the end of lap 17, but then I saw a few people have pitted which was nice, as well as Limitless and Finn off the track at T1 :eek::eek::eek:. Franny then pitted and I was into P5 with Burnout ahead who needed to pit and a very fast @StreeZ behind who had just come out the pits on fresh supers. Burnout binned it and I didn't fight StreeZ too hard again but tbf to him he pulled off a decent overtake into T15 on me, which I was fine with as I got DRS and some slipstream :woot:

Could see Andre a second or two up the road, but I probably took too much out of my tyres pushing to try to catch him... Sat in the slipstream for one lap to suss him out as to where the best place to pass would be, but then I could see Limitless catching so I knew I had to pass ASAP. Tried a half hearted divebomb into T1 and Andre was very kind and left the space which eventually got me P4 :D. Tyres were dying a lot in the final 2 laps, had crazy amounts of oversteer but fortunately I had a bit of experience from practice of how to deal with this. Had Limitless right up my chuff going into the final proper corner, and just managed to hold on going over the line.

Pleased with 4th after a shambles of a qualifying. A podium would have been on the cards with a more 'normal' quali position for myself but I'm glad this track is over and done with and we're racing some proper tracks in the next two weeks.

Highlights:

Reactions: AndreBCF1997

TheFlyingFinn08

4-time AOR XB1 F1 Champion
Aug 23, 2016
Qualifying: Another #SexyLap

Race: On the formation lap, I tested and broke at the perfect spot into Turn 1, but for some reason when the lights went out I thought it'd be great BANTER to completely forget about braking at the same spot. #WotUDoinM8
I go wide, drop to P3, then got divebombed into T2 (on my screen it was at least, havent seen his POV), which ended up with us literally parking it at the exit of Turn 2. As soon as that happened, I could almost hear @HCR Cupid & @StreeZ say "cya lateeeeeeeeer", bye bye Redbulls.
Took me a lap to overtake Mikeshmallow (lel), which put me about 2.5 secs behind the Redbulls. I would close the gap in the first 2 sectors, then the guy in P2 would be like "yeap, cyaaa" on the back straight with the fantastically bad made OP slipstream. Either way, I knew I'd have the pace to at least finish P2 knowing that StreeZ would eventually be out of Cupid's slipstream. So.. Here comes the excitingly **** part.

I see Cupid pit, and im like "i'll go another lap as my tyres are able to do it", my rear left was always 3% less than my rear right, so when i saw that my rear right was on about 67% ish, i thought of Bahrain too, so i took it easy the whole of in lap, no wheelspins or anything. I come round the penultimate last corner, and BANG, right rear puncture, on 74 or 75%. #NiceScript #WhyAlwaysMe

Crawling on the whole of back straight with a puncture, and Cupid goes past me before i even enter the pits. Dropped from 2nd to 10th in like 15 seconds. I come out the pits, right behind @Stoo and ahead of @Seiyariu , so i knew Stoo would do his absolute best to back me into him, which is fair play, and i liked the battling. Some few moments into Turn 1 and on the 2nd DRS straight were controversial, but not anything to complain about.

After i dropped behind Seiyariu, i took about 2-3 laps to overtake him, which came from him locking up at the end of S1, and enabled me to overtake at a very unexpected place. I immediately opened a cushty gap to him, and i was in the hunt of chasing down P2/P3.

I catch up to @Burnout F1 and just before opening my DRS, i had already planned in my head to overtake him on the 2nd DRS straight instead of the back straight. When I opened the DRS, i was going faster than expected, and instead of braking behind him , i thought i'd put my car on the inside just to be safe of not braking into him. Instead, i miss my braking point, realise that i wont be able to make the corner on the ideal line, so i got off the brakes and tried to squeeze through the gap between @AndreBCF1997 and @TRL Limitless ..

It might sound like an awful excuse to say, but its completely honest when i say that my head was just not in the race, I was mainly thinking of my exam tomorrow (which was 50% worth of my module), also my brother DNF'ing early on kinda put me off too because i felt bad for him, many factors just couldnt make focus the way i wanted. I've never made such mistake like that, what's made me a better drive since karting days, is the fact that i know when to attack and when to be patient, and this time round, even when thinking of waiting for the 2nd DRS straight, i just didn't, and completely f**ked it up.

It's such a **** feeling ruining someone else's race because of a stupid uncharacteristic mistake, and I'm very sorry about that mate @TRL Limitless . You deserved to finish at least P2, and I really hate to be the reason that you couldn't do that. :/

Last of, massive congratulations to @HCR Cupid , his drive last night has proved why he is an AOR champion, and it also should prove many haters wrong about his driving! I wish I could have given you a proper fight, but I'm glad that there are still 13 races to go, so we should have some juicy battles in most of them. :D

Shoutout to @Leoobot who got another podium last night, gg man! :D

I really can't wait for Sunday, Austria is one of my favourite tracks :p Cya all then, take care!

Reactions: Leoobot

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Happy to finally get back to scoring points again after 4 WEEKS! without any, probably my longest drystreak ever. My pace in the race wasn't that impressive but I kept calm almost all race and tried my hardest to not get involved in incidents or crash on my own (which I did mutiple times in practice). In the end it payed off and I got my second podium of the season :D
Hopefully I can start scoring more regularly now. A result like this also motivates me to put in more practice, which I've really been lacking the past couple of weeks.
See you all in Austria! :)

Highlights:

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I would like to apologize for what I said about how I thought I could have gotten a podium or a win. I was so immature and cranky after the race. I still have a lot to learn. Forgive me guys I know I made a bad impression on myself and I know I have lost respect which is bad :(

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I would like to apologize for what I said about how I thought I could have gotten a podium or a win. I was so immature and cranky after the race. I still have a lot to learn. Forgive me guys I know I made a bad impression on myself and I know I have lost respect which is bad :(
It's fine emotions are high after a race :)

Reactions: LuckyDog2000