XB1 - AOR XB1 F1 League - Videos / Official Highlights | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F1 League - Videos / Official Highlights

What would you prefer - Official Highlights or Livestreams?

• Total voters

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
Hey guys, I made a 7 minute montage of the AOR XB1 Season 12 so far... Its not as good as the highlights, but I'm proud of it..
It does include some great banter with the team radios and that, i've tried to include as much POV's from the Top 5 too!

Hope you guys like it, I hope people see it as funny as I do, I do not hate anyone, especially not @TRL Limitless , its just pure banter, enjoy :)

Banter

Reactions: TheFlyingFinn08

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys,

We just want to clarify the official highlights vs livestream topic. As you know we've made the highlights vids for the first 3 races so far, and we're happy with the response they've gotten and how things have worked out with those, however at the same time we know that there have been some wishes/questions about the possibility of the races being livestreamed.

Needless to say, if we were to arrange a livestream for this league, the official highlights would not continue in the same way as it would be kinda pointless to put the effort in to edit a race that has already been broadcasted and seen by many. So basically we just want to know from you guys what you'd prefer going forward!

If we were to change to livestreams instead, it would be done by Matty and possibly a co-commentator (would require an informed no-show since there's currently 21 main drivers assigned) on his Twitch channel. I would also upload a race video onto my channel, hopefully with a similar intro/outro like on the highlights currently, just with the race section of the video replaced by the race footage from the stream instead of having edited driver POVs. Bonus with this of course is that you'd get to watch back the race much sooner and you'd lose the "hassle" of having to render and send us your footage after every race, but you'd lose the selective editing and the replays which would mean a higher chance of action/incidents being missed out on. It would also mean the end of the Matty/Justin commentary duo since Justin is already committed to the PC streams (plus I don't think he has F1 on XB1 anyway).

The way Ycoms & I see it at the moment is that we are both happy to keep editing the highlights going forward, but if for whatever reason at some point are not able to keep up with the edits, then moving to livestreams instead could be a backup option. However we would be happy to jump straight to the livestream route if you guys would rather prefer that. So let us know your preference by voting in the poll at the top of this thread :)

@Jack @TRL Martin @CRL Rosberg @I Jason97F1 I @HCR Cupid @StreeZ @TheFlyingFinn08 @Sonuc T Saltunc @Stoo @George @RaikoGordon24 @Leoobot @AndreBCF1997 @TRL Limitless @LuckyDog2000 @Burnout F1 @Seiyariu @AOR Reversal @Snowyyy @JTabbs527

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I prefer the highlights as we can potentially have a full grid. For me, livestreams can only work is the codies add a spectator option when joining a lobby.

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
I really dont mind tbh. Both have their benefits. But if the highlights was to go i feel it would be better for peoples youtube channels. Because atm with the highlights people have seen everything they want to see in the highlights video what very much mean the personal highlights from the drivers get less attention

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
I think in terms of the benefits from both livestream vs highlights, the highlights overall would probably get more views, along with that the highlights provide the opportunity to capture pretty much every single bit of action during the race (granted drivers provide their POV's which has been the case) where as if it were a livestream its extremely easy to miss something happening on track so in terms of racing action the hightlights are better but someone commentating over highlights isn't the same as someone who is watching and reacting to the racing live which is arguably more exciting but I think for now, the highlights have been brilliant and are definitely the way to go.

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
I believe Matty and Justin are watching the race for the first time and are unaware of results (Other than stuff put on twitter) when they watch the highlights for the first time and record their commentary? Am I right @FisiFan91? So personally I cannot see any benefit from a livestream, other than an earlier upload time.

• Agree

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I believe Matty and Justin are watching the race for the first time and are unaware of results (Other than stuff put on twitter) when they watch the highlights for the first time and record their commentary? Am I right @FisiFan91? So personally I cannot see any benefit from a livestream, other than an earlier upload time.
They probably see the Twitter stuff yeah, but knowing them I'm almost 100% certain that they don't intentionally look up the results!

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Both are great, but I feel the official highlights gains more publicity for the league and is more enjoyable to watch.

The stream as you mentioned above, could be a backup option.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
What's happened to the talkshow ? Is it still on ?
China recorded about 2 weeks ago, Russia preview recorded 2 days ago. Seems like though that the other platforms are a little bit all over the place and Pepper definitely needs some help with the graphics/editing as this is too much work for one person alone. I don't think that you'll see anything for tonight, but hopefully we can share the work better in the next weeks to get back on the schedule, delaying these things doesn't make sense to even do them and with all the work that has been done already it'd be sad if we wouldn't be able to carry on.

• Informative
Reactions: George

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
For whatever reason it wouldnt let me embed the video, so here`s the link:
The last clip is reminiscent of Raikkonen`s trip off the track at Brazil in 2012 @FisiFan91

Reactions: FisiFan91