Jun 28, 2016
Round 10 - German Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
This track is pure apesh*t..
And why don't you fill in the results pleaaaaaaseeee :) :)
I will do it after the indy car race, I was waiting for stewards enquiries. Mostly I do them right after the race but I had to do! Will do em later :)

Reactions: EVR Morvic

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Really looking forward to all the quali lap vids here, turn 1 is absolute shite:banghead:
The worst part is TT allows it and I practice there the most. I already asked @Chiraq about this on twitter, so we'll see soon I guess. I don't think it will be allowed but imo it will be a bad decision as ~90% of the grid will have an invalid lap.

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Respect the track limits guys.

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
The worst part is TT allows it and I practice there the most. I already asked @Chiraq about this on twitter, so we'll see soon I guess. I don't think it will be allowed but imo it will be a bad decision as ~90% of the grid will have an invalid lap.
Turn 1 is easy to do without cutting

• Agree
Reactions: Chiraq

riley boys10

S8 XB1 F4 Champion
Feb 11, 2014
Turn 1 is easy to do without cutting
Says the guy who got 4 penalties at Hungary...
[DOUBLEPOST=1498913909][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry boys, can't do this race or the next as it Jetting of to sunny Greece for 10 days, have fun though and keep it clean, I believe it's the 1st league race I've missed since Season 8 India so enjoy the race lads.
PS Shame I'm missing the Germany race because I got a podium there last season :(
Bye :D

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Confirmed penalties and warning for this round:

Qualifying ban: @VBR Raikkonen (2nd time no qualifying lap posted in the video thread)
Warning: @ESR CJ @VBR Hayasa @Simon2810 (1st time no qualifying lap posted in the video thread)

Last edited:

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I'm just going to write up a small summary of my race, since I don't do that often
Q: P5, it's nice to see that even on a bogey track for me I can qualify at the front (if I don't try some stupid stuff with harder tyres etc) Wasn't expecting much more than P5 really

R: P6

I actually tweeted a few hours before the race that I'd be finishing 6th, and if that was what happened after no one dropped out I'd been happy. However it went different, and this P6 leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Luck fell my way (sort of again, re Britain haha) and I was leading the race after L3. Unfortunately my brake pressure was set to 82% so I had to be extra extra careful every turn, and I knew I wasn't the quickest driver out there (by a country mile for that matter) Slowly reeled in by both @Jambo and @VBR Hayasa I accepted the fact that it would be P4, maybe P5. However, I was lucky again as @Jambo was unlucky enough (or just didn't select the intermediates) to get full wet tyres when everyone else went onto the inters.

Varzak Jr made a very good call pitting earlier for his intermediates and jumped me, but I was still in P3. Then another threat came, @StubbornGymnast was ever so slowly catching up with me, unfortunately for him he was caught out by me and tapped my rear at the hairpin, half spinning him and letting @VBR Raikkonen have a go at me. Now you can check the stewards to see how that played out

Long story short, we half spun onto the grass, @t3hmightymidg3t came past, as did @StubbornGymnast and @Jambo on the last lap I was also overtaken by @Taylor Reynolds but he had more penalties then I did so P6 it was.

Like mentioned above, I would have been happy with P6 if no one else dropped out etc, but I feel like I've been robbed yet again of a strong finish (p4, midget didn't have any penalties but all the others had) even though my pace was slower than the guys behind me. It was enjoyable though, you needed 100% focus for 34 laps which felt like forever

Unfortunately I will not be racing next Sunday (Spa :() because I will be celebrating my birthday.

Reactions: StubbornGymnast

Jambo

Pro Karter
Apr 2, 2014
Has to be the worst 5th place ive ever had .....

Started 8th I believe after a poor qualifying but was saved by the rain. Found myself in 1st and with a decent 4 second lead to @VBR Hayasa to second until I has my tv turning off in 5 second warning pop up losing me 3 seconds while I searched for the remote lol. While in the rush to find the remote I forgot the switch my tire option and ended up on wets meaning I had to stop again. After coming out the pits in 8th I had amazing pace getting myself into 5th, on the last lap I had my eyes set on @StubbornGymnast for 4th and made a good overtake on him in the second last corner just for my fuel to run out over line and loss 4th again ... not my day but 5th is ok for the luck I had.

Congrats @VBR Hayasa for the win and next time I will get you @StubbornGymnast lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1499093813][/DOUBLEPOST]When the game hates you ...

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Can anybody post the results of the race as screenshots please. Not only 1-12 but the rest as well. Thank you.
With lap times gaps and penalties please.