Aug 22, 2016
Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iceberg

AVGExotiK

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 4, 2017
Here to annouce to you guys and @Knopels that I will miss the next 3 races (Spain, Monaco, Canada (yes even my home race)) because I will be gone on a road trip. See you guys back on june 4th in Austria!

• Informative
Reactions: NoahDJR

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Okey guys honeymoon is over and i got a challenge for you and the challenge is to try to get 0 stewards enquirys from this race ;), like don't get me wrong if something happens that it need to be taken to stewards then do that but the thing is that on the first 3 races our tier driving standards haven't been good and that's need to change. People from last season know that i'm not the guy who will make stewards enquirys about every little thing or that i complaing about everything, so when you read this don't think "nah this guy is just complaining because of his bad luck or something and i don't need to do anything different" so yeah don't be like that because the fact is we have got way too much crashes and stewards enquirys on the first 3 races and like i said that's not the good thing

LKay91

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2017
Okey guys honeymoon is over and i got a challenge for you and the challenge is to try to get 0 stewards enquirys from this race ;), like don't get me wrong if something happens that it need to be taken to stewards then do that but the thing is that on the first 3 races our tier driving standards haven't been good and that's need to change. People from last season know that i'm not the guy who will make stewards enquirys about every little thing or that i complaing about everything, so when you read this don't think "nah this guy is just complaining because of his bad luck or something and i don't need to do anything different" so yeah don't be like that because the fact is we have got way too much crashes and stewards enquirys on the first 3 races and like i said that's not the good thing
Well I disagree with you on this one, I do not think that ask for 0 stewards enquiries is the right thing to do. We all race for the win and we have different driving, some of us are more aggressive than other and try some risky move sometimes but it is part of the game. Crashes are something common in this game and we all know that fact. Our role is to prevent, to avoid creating crashes but in my point of view, if there is a crash in a race, it is something normal. Of course at the moment you can be angry I completely understand but your responsibility is to get over this problem and to focus on the next race.

Plus AOR competitive offers to drivers the possibility to declare any issues to the stewards about the race. Then because of the result of any statement, you can hope to gain more points. It is part of the competition and we all agree with that. Just to add something else, I think your timing to write this kind of message is not good. Indeed next week we are racing in Monaco and this Sunday we are racing in Spain and this is quite difficult to overtake in this track, there are not a lot of space so people can be bothered to follow a car that they cannot overtake so they might try some risky move.

Actually we just need to have some fun by defending, overtake but always know where your opponent is to avoid a contact. We just need to be fair to have nice races but you still have the right to make a steward enquiry after the race because it is something possible, we should not blame someone making one of those, it is his right.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Def and Im_an_eagle

BPRL Goblin

Formula Karter
Jun 27, 2015
There's a chance I might not be able to race on Sunday, I have 2 exam retakes the next day and will probably be cramming af that night. But if I fancy a break from the never-ending past papers I'll jump on and race!

• Informative
Reactions: NoahDJR

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Well I disagree with you on this one, I do not think that ask for 0 stewards enquiries is the right thing to do. We all race for the win and we have different driving, some of us are more aggressive than other and try some risky move sometimes but it is part of the game. Crashes are something common in this game and we all know that fact. Our role is to prevent, to avoid creating crashes but in my point of view, if there is a crash in a race, it is something normal. Of course at the moment you can be angry I completely understand but your responsibility is to get over this problem and to focus on the next race.

Plus AOR competitive offers to drivers the possibility to declare any issues to the stewards about the race. Then because of the result of any statement, you can hope to gain more points. It is part of the competition and we all agree with that. Just to add something else, I think your timing to write this kind of message is not good. Indeed next week we are racing in Monaco and this Sunday we are racing in Spain and this is quite difficult to overtake in this track, there are not a lot of space so people can be bothered to follow a car that they cannot overtake so they might try some risky move.

Actually we just need to have some fun by defending, overtake but always know where your opponent is to avoid a contact. We just need to be fair to have nice races but you still have the right to make a steward enquiry after the race because it is something possible, we should not blame someone making one of those, it is his right.
Well i didn't say you can't do stewards enquirys but our target should be to get pretty much 0 of them and that's not the case at the moment with our tier. I'm literally shocked about that you and @Im_an_eagle seem to think that crashes are acceptable and okey, i don't know how on earth you guys can think that's fine o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Well i didn't say you can't do stewards enquirys but our target should be to get pretty much 0 of them and that's not the case at the moment with our tier. I'm literally shocked about that you and @Im_an_eagle seem to think that crashes are acceptable and okey, i don't know how on earth you guys can think that's fine o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
See, your idea of fine is clearly a lot different to mine and @LKay91 s. We know our limits and know if we're going to break to late or not, we know how much room to give people and control it every time we do. I don't see the problem with aggressive racing. If you are more conservative that's fine, but you can't slate us for having a mindset for getting up the grid as soon as possible

DIEHARD24FAN24

Formula Karter
Apr 8, 2017
From how I see it collisions are a part of racing, however some moves this season have been exceptionally reckless. I think both you and lKay/eagle both have valid points but the stewards are there for a reason to sort out whos at fault for the collision. I do think however some people need to think a bit more about the overtake they are attempting before actually making it and realize that we are doing 50 percent races and that you cant win a race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it there.

LKay91

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2017
Actually I do not say that crashes are acceptable, all I am saying is that we just need to get more perspective about crashes and I do not think our main target should be to get 0 stewards equiries but having fun by overtake/defending and not always thinking about the stewards, just be in that competition state of mind. If there is a contact it is still a part of the game and it is your right to declare it.

As a competitive driver in this game we cannot blame all crashes except when your opponent truly means to get you out of the track. When someone feel that going to the stewards is necessary, we cannot blame him either, we just need to accept letting judges make a decision with different evidences they get.

Reactions: Def

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Actually I do not say that crashes are acceptable, all I am saying is that we just need to get more perspective about crashes and I do not think our main target should be to get 0 stewards equiries but having fun by overtake/defending and not always thinking about the stewards, just be in that competition state of mind. If there is a contact it is still a part of the game and it is your right to declare it.

As a competitive driver in this game we cannot blame all crashes except when your opponent truly means to get you out of the track. When someone feel that going to the stewards is necessary, we cannot blame him either, we just need to accept letting judges make a decision with different evidences they get.
Well said. Plus, singleing out two specific drivers after 3 races isn't really fair

MKJ

GP2 1st Driver
Feb 9, 2014
You can be conservative and have fun, but you can also be 95% aggressive and have fun too - nobody should have their Sunday night ruined over a game - AOR is 'competitive clean racing' and folk should abide by that. As long as there is ample space and folk aren't driving like 'c0c ks' there should be no reason or excuses for a collision to happen, nor a stewards enquiry to be made. Last season you could probably count on one hand the amount of enquiries in F3.

Fyi - I don't think it's right to call anyone out (unless they are repeat offenders).

Peace and chicken grease xxxx

• Agree
Reactions: Iceberg and NoahDJR

Danny Shaw

2-time AOR XB1 F3 Champion
Apr 2, 2017
Good luck to everyone racing tonight i will see you there . Any chance someone could post me the championship standing??? @Knopels maybe?