XB1 - AOR XB1 F5 Belgium Lag Review | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR XB1 F5 Belgium Lag Review

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Hey guys, after hearing a lot of people reporting lag then I just want to get a general consensus of how much lag there actually was throughout the lobby to see if we need to change back to @AOR Charlie as host.

Please leave below if you experienced lag, and as much detail as possible please! (lap, who was involved, footage if you have it)

Cheers guys!

@Im_an_eagle @nemura @Rcfly3r1 @TheGiant19 @AOR Charlie @Saabo @Jack_w @ihaycheese @Millsehh @IS Vandoorne @Joseph Love @TchoukMaster22 @CRT @Pickles36 @Duchene @TRL Metcalf @Taz

Saabo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2016
I only experienced @AOR Charlie lagging back and forward (sliding all over the shop) for a few laps, before and after that it was fine.

Saabo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2016
My internet if pretty solid, but i live in the Netherlands so that could be an issue if i am hosting.
I could try and host a social race to see if the connection is good for everyone?

@BosslyGaming @Taz

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-15 om 08.59.13.png

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys, you can all improve the lag by playing on a wired connection with Homeplugs.

Some of you may have them already if you have a STB from your ISP. Add a single adapter (buy them in pairs) or just buy two to start off. Don't use the encryption as it slows them down. These are BT branded but it doesn't matter (AV600)

AV200/AV500/AV600 are all compatible and you can get ones with mains pass through, straight into the wall, away from chargers and surge strips. Simples.

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Guys, you can all improve the lag by playing on a wired connection with Homeplugs.

Some of you may have them already if you have a STB from your ISP. Add a single adapter (buy them in pairs) or just buy two to start off. Don't use the encryption as it slows them down. These are BT branded but it doesn't matter (AV600)

AV200/AV500/AV600 are all compatible and you can get ones with mains pass through, straight into the wall, away from chargers and surge strips. Simples.
Unfortuately I don’t have the money, nor the intent to buy that

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
I had a bit. Mostly on the straight although I think it was me as it happened to everyone simultaneously. Then overtaking giant, although it seemed a bigger deal on his screen than mine

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017
I had a bit. Mostly on the straight although I think it was me as it happened to everyone simultaneously. Then overtaking giant, although it seemed a bigger deal on his screen than mine
Tbf it was more desync than lag, you disappeared for a bit, I presume behind me and suddenly reappeared in front round the hairpin, but also at that point the party chat went weird too so I'm presuming it was a one off sort of thing

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Tbf it was more desync than lag, you disappeared for a bit, I presume behind me and suddenly reappeared in front round the hairpin, but also at that point the party chat went weird too so I'm presuming it was a one off sort of thing
That’s good to know. Thanks

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
My internet if pretty solid, but i live in the Netherlands so that could be an issue if i am hosting.
I could try and host a social race to see if the connection is good for everyone?

@BosslyGaming @Taz

View attachment 35252
That connection is still very solid to a London server, you can try a social race if you want but I’m fine for you to try hosting next week if you are up to it as it’s still better connection than mine. Thoughts @Taz?

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
This week we will try my connection, i think really my connection is the best here. 10 ping, 70down and 20 up. Matt you know from last season there were 0 issues with my connection

• Agree
Reactions: Saabo

BosslyGaming

Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
This week we will try my connection, i think really my connection is the best here. 10 ping, 70up and 20 down. Matt you know from last season there were 0 issues with my connection as host
Fine by me although are you sure your up and down aren’t the other way around?

• Kappa
Reactions: Saabo