XB1 AOR XB1 F7 League - Main Thread

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
AOR XB1 F7 League - Season 14
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the XB1 F7 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @Joseph Baigent [frobojobo3131]
Lobby Host: @ValiFusilli [ValiFusilli]
Backup host(s): @Dan Hawkins [McLarenDan]

Drivers and Teams:

[Drivers & teams will be added below once the car selection has been completed]

Mercedes
1. @Neutralizer #72 - Neutral1z3r - American

Red Bull
1. @Jack Badman #13 - XxBADMANZz - British
2. @xXMARKELiNXx - xXMARKELiNXx - Canadian

Ferrari
2. @Jaakko pikkarainen - jaketsjouu - Finnish

Force India
1. @davrath #24 - DavRath - Slovakian
2. @Meks Unseen #10 - TSRL Brown - British

Williams
1. @RoyerTheDestroyer - K1ssMe1m1rish - American
2. @Dan Hawkins #69 - McLarenDan - British

McLaren
1. @o Coxon o - #92 - o Coxon o - British
2. @ValiFusilli #51 - ValiVusilli - Dutch

Toro Rosso
1. @Hockeyhead019 #28 - DevineOne19 - American
2. @SolidOOFT #45 - SolidOOFT - British

Haas
1. @MurphysLawl #15 - Murphys Laaawl - American
2. @K04 #25 - Krish3004 - British

Renault
1. @Joseph Baigent #6 - frobojobo3131 - British
2. @BigBadPopperDom #4 - bigbadpopperdom - British

Sauber
1. @melvynlennard - LCR Apex - British

Reserves

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Traction and ABS will not be on turned off. Racing line is allowed. I believe automatic gears are allowed but I will double check

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
@ValiFusilli will be the host for Australia. The lobby will open approximately 15 minutes before the start time. I will invite people into the lobby once it has been set up.

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Also, for those of you who have/use it, does anyone fancy having a group chat on twitter? I'll also set up one on here with everyone in the league

Dr Prettyman

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2017
Nice, but I thought we couldn't use a RL either (I won't be). Also, manual gears are the only way to go in my opinion.

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Has anyone started to get a feel for the track and car setup at Melbourne yet? I personally find turns 11 & 12 quite hard to master. Turn 1 too

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Has anyone started to get a feel for the track and car setup at Melbourne yet? I personally find turns 11 & 12 quite hard to master. Turn 1 too
Sort of. I have done a bit in intermediate conditions and it was very slippery. I'm mainly struggling in the last sector I'd say

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
You've just reminded me to practice in the wet haha. Do you use time trial mode?
Not really, I've done a quick race with some other non-assist runners which was in the wet but I only did a few laps.
There is a social on saturday night at 8pm which I will link later on if people want to take part

Reactions: Jack Badman

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
I don't know if you guys know this or not since a lot of people here are new so I will say this now.

If you cannot make a race tell me beforehand so I can put you down as an explained absence. If you don't turn up 3 times in a row without informing me then you will get blacklisted.

Also, if there is an incident between you and another driver, record a gameclip and send it to the stewards by 8pm uk time on the tuesday. The stewards will then take the necessary action.

If anyone has any questions just send me a message. :)

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Mass disconnections:

● During qualifying, if 4 or more drivers lose connection to the lobby and are unable to get back in, then the lobby will be restarted and qualifying run again from scratch.

● During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in the lobby lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection. A "short period of time" would generally mean a couple of minutes, up to a maximum of 5 minutes. This also includes major de-syncing where the lobby gets split up or the other drivers turn into slow-moving ghost cars on everyone else's screen, even if they are technically still racing on their own screen.

● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. The new lobby will be created without another qualifying session, as a manual rolling start will be performed in order to get cars back into their original positions. Parc Ferme rules will be set to 'Off' so everybody can load their setup. The first 2 laps will be seen as 'formation laps' where every driver needs to safely get into their original qualifying position, using the same tyre compound as they did in qualifying. A slow pace is asked for (similar to a normal formation lap), so that no accidents happen and all drivers can obtain their qualifying position safely. The pole sitter will have the role of setting an acceptable pace, in order to avoid crashes behind him and to allow everyone time to get into position. Failing to get into your qualifying position, or preventing another driver from getting into their position, will result in a penalty for the driver at fault. The race is started when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line at the start of lap 3.

● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

This is the action to be taken given there are mass disconnections. It will be important for everyone to know especially if you aren't the main party. I don't have a mic for this race so if a decision has to be made I will message the party.