Sep 30, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th December 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
Hoping to race this weekend if there's a spot! Should be a good one :)

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
My internet seems to not like working in the evening. Hopefully I can race but if my internet decides to be like CRL Rosberg's I won't be able to. Shame as I've put in some practice for once.

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
Ok so I can conclude that my internet will blow up. I disconnected twice from Formula Xbox last night and once from The F1 League on Wednesday. I will do a speed test this evening to see if I am able to race

Rapidz F1

Feb 28, 2016
Ok so I can conclude that my internet will blow up. I disconnected twice from Formula Xbox last night and once from The F1 League on Wednesday. I will do a speed test this evening to see if I am able to race

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
So guys remember to stay within the white lines on pit entry if you fail to do so you will be penalised for it as per the rules.

And another thing T1 and T2 are quite tight corners so don't go kamakaze mode and crash into everyone remember the race isn't won on lap 1.

I might also be late and have to join through qually but @AOR BiGGzY96 will manage to create a lobby.

Remember that Oasis (full-time), Sf Schumri, Speed Demon, @Jaxxy OG and rapiz are people to invite in that order.:)

AOR BiGGzY96

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 8, 2014
Can i just tell everyone as wel that in the social last night we had problems sending invites, this could have been an xbox problem and it could have been sorted by now but if ppl arnt getting invited by 7:50 then let me know by message, you may have to join through a pary invite so if a party invite comes through please join the party so i can invite u through the party which seemed to work yesterday, and as genius said, no divebombing at T1 & 2 xD

Rapidz F1

Feb 28, 2016
So guys remember to stay within the white lines on pit entry if you fail to do so you will be penalised for it as per the rules.

And another thing T1 and T2 are quite tight corners so don't go kamakaze mode and crash into everyone remember the race isn't won on lap 1.

I might also be late and have to join through qually but @AOR BiGGzY96 will manage to create a lobby.

Remember that Oasis (full-time), Sf Schumri, Speed Demon, @Jaxxy OG and rapiz are people to invite in that order.:)
Hoping I can get in ;)

AOR BiGGzY96

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 8, 2014
Yes thats a good point actually guys, ONLY THE COORDINATOR IS ALLOWED TO PRESS "A" AT THE END OF EACH SESSION so dont press A especially at the start of the race, this gives time for people to go to the toilet if needed, no one press A even if the lobby host is taking ages to start, just wait, myself or genius will start the lobby when everyone is ready.

@The Genius @t3hmightymidg3t @Smithycity99 @Suphrize Meh @Nicolai Kehlet @ITz GORD @JordanMcGonigal @Rapidz F1 @F1Maestro26 @Taylor Reynolds @Dast @UrBaNz Octane x @StubbornGymnast @Stratis Ferrari @IcemanFR @RC Hayasa @NillisLukins @Bence Fehér

• Informative
Reactions: Rapidz F1

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I do not really know what is going to happen now but my grand dad is kind of going to hospital so might be later than I expected but I will hopefully join.

@AOR BiGGzY96 believe in you.

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
So as mentioned in both the main thread and this thread my internet is very bad rn and I do not feel it will be safe to race with. Therefore I will sit out tonight's race (again annoyingly) hopefully I can race next week but I do not feel I am deserving of a full time seat for the 700th time. So could you please give it to a reserve who can race more regularly than me

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Made the wrong call to pit for wets :(((. Cost me a few points but i'm rather happy with that overall. Picked the right starting tyre which massively helped but did well to stay out of trouble in the first stint and hang on to some of the faster guys. Pace on the inters wasn't too bad relative to everyone else. Needed maybe one more lap to get back ahead of one or two of the inters runners. But best result of the season, i'll take that!

CallumBCFC19

1-time AOR X360 F5 Champion
Jun 2, 2014
Ill take 5th, despite my controller going right on the straight which made me understeer into the next corner and lose the place to coldhead which is really annoying but ill take 2 points less after having a really laggy race where every time i was near someone my game blew up so just tried to stay in no mans land and grind out the result. GG

Reactions: C0LDH3AD

Rapidz F1

Feb 28, 2016
That was such a tough first league race on F1 2016. I bottled qualifying, I was hoping I would start outside the top 10 ;) safety car at the start helped! Then, because my engineer was a complete noob, he never talked about the conditions when I requested a command. So I went on sorts (bad call) and then the rain came down :/ went on inters till the end, they were absolutely gone by the last lap. The wet runners were catching so quickly! Anyway, 6th place I'll take that. Need to check the race engineer settings to see if I can fix the issue. Otherwise, I believe I could have had a better result today

Reactions: C0LDH3AD

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Was looking good before my wheel went fucked up. Had a great battle with @Stratis Ferrari for most of the race. Around 7 laps from the end i lost the feedback for 1 second and then it came back my wheel went into a strange lock mode. I had to steer left to go straight.. so i pitted for wets and a reset but then all feedback was lost. Did 3 more resets but nothing helped. Did a complete reset and my wheel was functioning again. But i lost almost a lap of time.. was Charing Jordan when i spun into the wall. Retired. Thanks thrustmaster fucking *****.

C0LDH3AD

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jun 14, 2015
Probably my unluckiest race so far... I've gone from 10th to 1st in the first few laps and then I decided to take a bit of a risk by staying out on the Supersofts until the rain comes down. Because the weather decided to make the soft-runners' race OP. But my tires couldn't last for 1 more sector... Good battles with @Rapidz F1 nonetheless

Reactions: Rapidz F1