• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Apex Season 7 Round 2 - Braking too late ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moumour

Junior Karter
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 5 Apex Season 7 Round 2
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg
Date: 11/05/2021
Members Involved: 65 / 11
Description:
I brake in a straight line and he hits me

Oto Winkler

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
He was more on the left side from what I've seen, and I was closer to the right side and had a better exit, hoping to out-brake him. As we were getting even closer to our braking point, he moved even more to the right, leaving me very little space. It was all puddles and out of racing line so didn't have much manoeuvring there. It seems like he was straight on braking but to me, it seems like he was moving in. I just think it was an unfortunate incident as he was rightly defending himself. It all happened very quickly. Also, the two widest cars in ACC didn't help to leave enough space.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards concluded that @Oto Winkler caused a moderate avoidable collision.
@Moumour made his intention to cover the left side of the track very clear, therefore he had to slow down earlier in order to be able to make the corner. @Oto Winkler had the choice to either follow him and slow down early too, or go on the external lane and attack on corner exit making good use of the ideal racing line.
@Oto Winkler will receive a 10 points reduction on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@Oto Winkler @Moumour
@GIXXERosg @Rikka

Status
Not open for further replies.