Assetto Corsa: Competizione | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Assetto Corsa: Competizione

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Assetto Corsa Competizione, the new official game of the BLANCPAIN GT SERIES, an official grand touring racing series, named after world-renowned Swiss watch manufacture Blancpain and organized by SRO Motorsports Group, will be speeding onto Steam Early Access this summer.

Featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.

Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.

In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.

Stay tuned for more information... #Blancpain1735

Wow looks great. - Assetto physics + Unreal Engine 4 + Weather + Day/Night - Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Interesting approach. Seems like you can drive "only" GT cars from the Blancpain series, so this should be more an Assetto Corsa 1.5 :)
But GFX improvement's, driving in the night & rain and online features are looking super awesome!
And Early Access starts already in summer, can't wait!!

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016

Ulti

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 5, 2016
Great... Unreal Engine 4.... Time to get 30fps in a racing game:rofl:

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ah damn, gonna have to go back to a monitor just incase its hard to run with VR. Great to see this though, night and day with weather is awesome but hope it has some modding capabailities

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Lots of discussion on racedepartment. :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...al-blancpain-gt-series-game-announced.147549/

Apparently SRO (Guys hosting the Blancpain) has A LOT of other GT series under their belt.

1519287872443.png

This is from the Co-Founder of the company.

Marco Massarutto, Co-founder and Brand & Product Manager of Kunos Simulazioni: “This announcement represents a dream come true for us. The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg. By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game - with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy."

Tip of the iceberg. :)

So potentially we can see may other series in the Assetto Corsa Competizione. This could just be a Blancpain licence and then they will add other series later.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Lots of discussion on racedepartment. :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...al-blancpain-gt-series-game-announced.147549/

Apparently SRO (Guys hosting the Blancpain) has A LOT of other GT series under their belt.

View attachment 38065

This is from the Co-Founder of the company.

Marco Massarutto, Co-founder and Brand & Product Manager of Kunos Simulazioni: “This announcement represents a dream come true for us. The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg. By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game - with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy."

Tip of the iceberg. :)

So potentially we can see may other series in the Assetto Corsa Competizione. This could just be a Blancpain licence and then they will add other series later.
Yeah could be possible.
Kunos got the Blancpain GT series license not the SRO license so for the moment I'm pretty sure we will get "only" GT3 cars and GT series tracks. Maybe they add stuff like the GT4 series or the Intercontinental GT series with Bathurst and Suzuka afterwards as DLC or so...
Just read in the official ACC forum the posts from Marco (Lord Kunos). He said they can dig much deeper into the car physics and the physics code in general because they don't have to check 170 cars if they do a change ;-)

Reactions: Noztra

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Taken from an Italien interview with Marco Massarutto.

Driver swaps confirmed at the beginning of the interview.
They spent 8 months in R&D and decided to use the UE4 for their game and it will probably used for their future projects.
Early access (beta version) at a lower price than the release one.
Many teams use AC for the training of their pilots. Some of the teams also asked them some advices to build their own simulator.
Direct collaboration between pilots, teams and kunos.
They will use the 2018 season for the content.
There will be 10 circuits used in the Blancpain series (you can find them on the blancpain calendar).
They will follow their philosophy, so the handling will be realistic (as it was in AC).
Tyre model, aero and suspension geometry will be improved thanks to new developers that have been hired in the last year (one of them is also a mechanical engineer).
ACC will be more versatile and easier to use for people with less experience (which doesn't mean less realism).
The feeling of the car will be improved.
They received numerous esports contacts, but for the moment they are focusing on the development of the game. (Based on the way he talked about this, i believe esports will come)
Official leaderboards (basically RSR inside the game).
They hired the guy behind minorating.
sprint races, endurance ones, diver swap, strategy from pitwall
phisics engine as been reviewed and improved to 64 bit
AI as been reworked too
all rules will be present ingame flags, stewarts and so on
ranking/rating for servers (minorating is working with them now)
night, rain confirmed
video is pure gameplay no pre rendered vid
full support from Epic
real working mirrors
better phisics thanks to mechanical engineer on team
better tire model suspension geometry and car body phisics

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
- Drivers swaps confirmed
- Ranking system for both skill and safety similar to iRacing (he mentions the latest GranTurismo's one)
- Choice of Unreal Engine driven by desire of focusing on the features that were lacking in Ac1, basically "gameplay features" like implementing the various RL regulations, better career mode, better AI ecc.
(He supports this decision by saying that Kunos' competitors, even though with a way bigger workforce, have decided to avoid writing an Engine by themselves)
- They have worked 8 months during 2017 on R&D testing the Unreal Engine, Marco says that it has been an huge risk because they still didn't know if that Engine was the right choice..
He mentions as an example the need to do separate renders for the mirrors, which that had trouble to implement initially as the Engine is "general" and not geared towards sim use
This required weeks of telemetry of how the Engine works, how it uses CPU/GPU ecc.
- The assets needed some remork as well, in order to be optimised for the different engine (as a result of the aforementioned analysis)
- He praises the photorealism of the Unreal Engine, even though some months were needed before both the eye candy and the framerate started to get to the desired level
- They took some inspiration on how to solve some issues they had from videos of other games made with the Unreal Engine, mainly the ones made my Milestone
- Early access price smaller than final price, still no release date announced, not even approximately
- Many drivers asked Kunos help to setup simulators in order to train for new tracks, for example
- With this license they are going to have an even stronger collaboration between Kunos and drivers/racing teams
- They will be at many racing weekend in order to gather data from the teams
- Expected AC sales : 100 thousand copies, results about 1.4 millions of users
- He mentions comments of people on Facebook that were saying to him that the training/playing time in Assetto proved useful to catch the car in RL critical situations
- ACCompetizione won't be a stepdown in terms of realism(obviously cit.), actually they have more time compared to the previous year to develop the tyre model/aero model/suspension model (they hired 4 new programmers, one of whom is a mechanical Engineer)
- They are trying to improve even further the feeling of the car and of what it is doing
- Kunos is working on a connection between virtual and real Blancpain (for example ideal time laps vs real ones, plus something similar to RSR with invitations to the races for the fastest guys, he mentions GranTurismo's Academy )
- One of the programmers that they hired is the creator of Minorating (congrats!)
Sorry for the rough translation but I was writing while listening!

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Wasn't a huge fan of the original, but I'll most likely be picking this one up.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
I have pretty much same opinions but I'm not hyping so much about the Unreal Engine 4.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
" We are totally aware of the importance of modding and its contribution to the success of Assetto Corsa.
It's a great way for new talents to emerge, for the community to "suggest" new directions and/or simply to make a product richer. It is not a coincidence that some of the best guys in this community are now contributing with us to the evolution of the software.

However, for ACC this element will have to be put in stand-by mode for a series of reasons. The most important one is that we have given ourselves an enormous task of rebuilding, once again our software from (almost) scratch. In a world where pretty much every product you see on the market in simracing is an evolution of games that have been on the market 10-15 years ago, our approach is to get a big axe and reset things to (almost) zero before starting with a new project, ACC is no exception.

In this case the task is rendered more complex by the fact that we are using, for the first time a third party engine that we did not design ourselves and the truth is, given the amount of time we have available to deliver ACC to the public, we have more than enough on our hands trying to figure out how to use the engine effectively to also think about how to make the platform moddable.

As you can imagine, this has been source of endless discussions in the last year and half as every decision comes with pros and cons, there is going to be pain no matter what your final call will be. It goes without saying that we believe we made the right call even if that means loosing the huge benefits of a moddable platform.

So to recap, there will be no action from our side regarding modding, both in the direction of promoting nor offering any kind of forum support for it as in the opposite direction, we have no intent to stop it from happening if some smart guy figure out how to do it. "

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
From my side, I am really looking forward to it. I don't really mind that the modding will not be supported as the game will be licensed (that is understandable). Only thing that should be moddable are the skins as they were easy to do in PS in AC. If they will be attacking eSports and there will be some team championships, then I think the team should be able to create a livery for their drivers. Not like in PC2 where you can have a skin, but others sees you as deafult white car (who suggested that in SMS??? and it is still in PC2).

I also really hope that the ACC early acces will come earlier in the summer( june/july) rather than in September or later. Even if there will be few tracks and cars in Early access, I don't mind. I just want to play it.

Will be interesting how will cars handle in rain and if there will be deadly puddles and strams like in PC2.

And the other thing I want to stay in the game is the "always online apps" on the side of the screen to flick it on/off whenever you want so you can adjust audio, FFB, etc etc.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
For me it was kind of obscure what to expect when ACC got announced but now I´m also looking forward to it more and more. Every track laserscanned, a complex weather system and day/night transition. Literally everything you would want so see in a perfect racing simulation but none of the currently available ones offers it all.

If the physics are as good as expected (I have decent hopes that Kunos won´t mess it up) and if there is a reasonable amount of cars and tracks to choose from this could become something wonderful.

Icing on the cake for me would be a WEC/IMSA licensed car/trackpack but as the "official Blancpain GT Series videogame" (why "game" and not "simulation" btw? :unsure::smuggrin:) it can be more than questioned if they wanted to promote any other racing series.

Reactions: R.Macieira

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Quite interested in this. More and more people are getting attracted to GT racing and that includes myself. While I’m a bit disappointed that there are only GT3, I am confident this will result in a very polished product in terms of feeling. When you want to do too much in terms of cars available, generally you tend to mess up the physics or realism of many cars or other features in the game (take note Slightly Mad Studios), basically don’t chew up more than you can eat.

If it is realistic enough, we might see a link between IRL and sim in terms of opportunities, and that’s something that excites me.

Definitely hyped about this, the Early Access/Beta phase also mean I’m confident about the quality of the final product

• Useful
Reactions: Chiraq

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
If this comes out on XB1 I'll get it probably.If it goes on sale.In my opinion the Blancpain field is a lot worse this year than the past 2 seasons,for both Sprint and Endurance.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Chiraq

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I'll link it later but Gamer Muscle Videos just made a video about whether ACC will be the end of iRacing

It better not be.I just bought a subscription.

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
If this comes out on XB1 I'll get it probably.If it goes on sale.In my opinion the Blancpain field is a lot worse this year than the past 2 seasons,for both Sprint and Endurance.
I’m assuming it is PC only but we never know. How is it worse?

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841