Assetto Corsa: Competizione

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Not sure I can add much more to what has already been said. It feels better than AC for me even at this early stage. Sounds are fantastic and the graphics are a step up, too. Still not quite to PC2 standards IMO. Looking forward to putting more time into this game and having more content coming is kind of exciting. I also found it frustrating that I couldn't access the options in game as I have struggled getting my wheel set up. Stuck on 90 degrees maximum clockwise rotation which only effects me if I lose it on a left hander and try to save it! Shame we have to wait a while for a basic multiplayer mode.

Noztra

Banned Users
Btw what are people fastest laps?

We can make a small competition with a leader board. Just remember to post a picture of the lap time with settings. :)

I will update OP with leader board when people post pictures. :)

1. Sunny - 12PM (Mid day)
2. Medium Rain - 12PM (Mid day)
3. Sunny - 12AM (Midnight)
4. Medium Rain - 12AM (Midnight)

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Few more little bugs I think....

Doesn't seem to save any of my times. Or do I need to save somewhere after? I'm getting mid 1.59's with a standard set-up with no changes at all. Seems stable if a bit understeery.

My wheel doesn't match the in game wheel. At 90 degrees left/right the in game wheel is at almost 180 degrees. Have tried adjusting everything but nothing seems to change.

Still, i'm really enjoying it, very immersive game. Keeps me wanting to lap!

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
I had a crash in ACC and boy oh boy, It is so realistic, especially the sound if you have higher volume. and the grass is quite slippery and I was just going like bobsledge :D

Noztra

Banned Users
Few more little bugs I think....

Doesn't seem to save any of my times. Or do I need to save somewhere after? I'm getting mid 1.59's with a standard set-up with no changes at all. Seems stable if a bit understeery.

My wheel doesn't match the in game wheel. At 90 degrees left/right the in game wheel is at almost 180 degrees. Have tried adjusting everything but nothing seems to change.

Still, i'm really enjoying it, very immersive game. Keeps me wanting to lap!

Try look at this. I know its a different wheel, but might work?

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/wheel-rotation-steering-lock.51045/

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Alright, so after playing some more I gotta say the game is growing on me.

ATM I'd actually say it's a really good step in terms of realism. Car feels a bit more on the edge and you need to be really precise, when you then can be both aggressive but precise and stable, that's when you gain the lap time.

Just did a 1:54.7. For some reason found a lot of time today. Very slightly adjusted setup. Using aggressive base setup but slightly lowered rear wing and slightly lowered brake bias along with of course low fuel.

Also seeing a leaderboard which I didn't see yesterday, I'm now within 2 seconds of the world record but 2 seconds is obvious not easy to gain. No idea what I can gain in setup and what I would gain if I wasn't completely useless in making one.

Togomies

Formula 4 1st Driver
I was able to hit 1:53.7 today in hotlap event with the aggressive preset and ECU: 0, BB: 72%, front ARB: 3, differential: 80 and fuel: 1L. So far I've spent most of the time enjoying driving on the wet track (while not dynamic yet the car behavior on wet track is lot better than I've experienced in any sim/game so far) so haven't played with the setups much yet. I wonder what Jesus Sisilia has found to do that 52.9 (know him from iRacing and that he's quick with the GT cars there but the difference seems quite big).

jaymaNg

Junior Karter
For race fans that may never have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a supercar (such as I), Assetto Corsa Competizione released last week on PC for Steam early access.

The game has received very positive reviews so far. Please post your Steam username if you’d like to play, I need some competition!

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Here's something I found impressive, shows that sometimes setup isn't everything... from what I can gather, he uses aggressive preset with then just added wing (19). TC 1, ABS 9 and ECU 0 and Brake bias 71%.

Haven't tried this "setup" but will make sure I do so next time I drive (and probably realise I can't come close)

Edit: Tried it and a pleasant surprise, very close to my pb after a few laps!

Last edited:

KrypticTMG

F1 Race Winner
i haven't tried to much setup work in the dry i've been having to much fun in the stormy wet conditions but here's my laps so far. I think my wet lap is half decent because i was over 1 second off of Jose Lopez in the dry, but over 2seconds faster in the wet which is kind of weird.

Last edited: