Assetto Corsa: Competizione | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Assetto Corsa: Competizione

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just gave the update a few laps. Never driven Misano before (a track I've actually been to tho) but didn't need too many laps for a current top 10 position, altho obviously early and not too competitive times yet but cool to manage it after only 10 laps on a track and car I've never driven. :) Bentley is not really a car I like, feels very heavy and "lazy".

Reactions: exited

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
So how is VR? Is it true that it barely runs at 45fps with all settings at low and that's with a i7 and 1080TI?

exited

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
So how is VR? Is it true that it barely runs at 45fps with all settings at low and that's with a i7 and 1080TI?
With a 1080ti I can run the game quite ok and i didn't do the special tricks like adding a sharpening filter in the game engine ini file. It is far from being super good, but you can get a good impression what could be possible in the future of this game.
My biggest concern atm are the mirrors. They are incredibly taxing even at lowest setting. On top of that they are not 3D at the moment, so Kunos needs to do a lot of optimization to make them work at a reasonable gpu impact.
Surely it isn't helpful that there is a oculus/nvidia driver bug which crashes ASW atm...
But best tip as always, try it yourself, it is far from perfect but I really enjoyed it on friday, playing for 4h at rain, night, hotlap, etc.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Going quite good for me in the current hotlap event. I understand it's gonna be less interest than the first one but good to see a much smaller gap to p1, also with room for improvement.

maximum rear wing, 0 front ARB, 1 rear ARB.

20181015200825_1.jpg

Reactions: Def

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I seem to be having a bit of an issue. FPS keeps good at all times but quite often I still feel the game is at moments not performing too well, like low fps at some critical moments (altho it still shows good fps). Anyone else having similar issues?

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Thought I had posted this a few days ago but apparently not.
Is there any way of making the HUD in VR go up a layer at all? For some reason, the car is higher than the HUD so I physically can't see any menus when I'm paused and I can't see any display when driving. Surely this is just wrong and there must be a way to stop it?

JSR

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
very interested if this becomes a league :p

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
It won, only cars from the Blancpain series

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
You mean track's from Blancpain serries - right :sneaky:

It's obvious that they want to focus on some cars and tracks. But they already do have a very good (laser scanned) version of the Nordschleife in AssettoCorsa. Thus I'm hoping that they make it happen and we will be able to go on the Nordschleife with ACC at some point of time.

By they way that's going to be a real competition to iRacing if they are release - drove yesterday a view laps with the beta which was great fun and very demanding (shouldn't be easy to drive a GT3 car - right).

Furthermore I had the impression that behaviour of tires and brakes over a stint is much more realistic then in iRacing - and it got rain already built in as well...

On the other hand I have never had the opportunity to take a GT3 race car with racetires around the Nordschleife :cry:

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Don't count on it, as ACC is an official License game. So other cars won't be in as well. It is not going to support Mods as well. It is a game like the official F1 games. I know they are now adding F2, so you might be able to se the Lamborghini Super Trefero.

About the more Realistic, nighter you or I can say if it is or not, as we haven't raced a race car, and iRacing is coming with a new Tire Model soo lets see, but i don't think that ACC will be a competitor on the long term, but hey i hope it will be good :)