• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Moved Back Marker Aiding Teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

british_bulldog

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Platform + League: PC America F2
League Coordinator: @Lundqvistbro
Date: 11/22/2020
Members Involved: @Tundra 5h @gib96
Description:
Neither of them were on Discord, just after Turn 1 on Lap 6 Tundra exits pits a lap down and gets an immediate Blue Flag. With his teammate Gib96 3.5 secs behind me, Tundra continues to race me hard (albeit Ghosted). By Lap 10, my fresh softs were starting to wear off, his new hards were kicking in, and even then he was shown Blue Flags for his Teammate who was behind me. On Lap 10, heading into Turn 2 he dummies right and then sticks to the left, which then opens the door for Gib96 to take the inside line into Turn 3 and divebombs. He made the overtake count, and as soon as he got the place, Tundra magically backs off with a slight spin and is no longer a problem. The distraction alone was a huge problem, but it seems extremely convenient that neither were in Discord, and that the move was choreographed.

Really hard to excuse over 4 corners worth of blue flags, never mind 4 laps. Obvious the drivers were working as a team to gain a position.

Evidence:

Tundra 5h

Junior Karter
I will take full responsibility for my actions. Due to the ghosting, I believed I had no affect on the leaders and would in no way slow them down. The racing line is always available and they do not need to brake for me or overtake me in any way. This being said, I was not attempting to aid my teammate. Not only did I not know he was only a few seconds behind, but my spin at turn 3 on lap 10 was not intentional. You almost spin in the exact same way I did as we are both trying to put the power down. This is the highest risk turn to spin on and I backed off so I wouldn't hit the wall.

british_bulldog

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Yeah, I wasn't born yesterday. You helped him catch up and gave him Drs, then backed off once he took me over. You ruined my race distracting me with your actions. And you ignored 4 laps worth of blue flags. There is no excuse for it. Really poor behavior.

british_bulldog

Formula 4 2nd Driver
My spin was because I was trying so hard to get passed a back marker so much. You dummied me into turn 3 so your teammate could take the inside line. I watched the part of the race a couple of times, and it's so obvious what you are both doing.

The fact that neither of you were in discord also adds to the fact.

gib96

Junior Karter
I fully agree this happened, and Tundra should have adhered to the blue flags, but in no way was this intentional.

As you can see in the clip I was much faster coming in to turn three the divebomb was almost unavoidable. While you may have been slowed down by Tundra, I was gaining quickly regardless.
After my spin on lap 4 I fall as far back as 3.7s behind you, and get within 2.7s by the time you make it within 1s of Tundra, As well as emerging 2.5s ahead of you after our pitstops (subtracting your penalty served in the pitlane).

Also, can we get clarification about the discord? It does not say in the rules this is required, Tundra and I don't like to join to avoid the extra chat in our ears but we will be happy to jump on there if this is a rule

Status
Not open for further replies.